Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Splinter Cell Conviction Trailer

Featured Replies

The only stealth games I know on the 360 would be Batman: Arkham Asylum, Tenchu Z, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Hitman: Blood Money, and Velvet Assassin. Among those Batman is mores beat em up/stealth, but it's still great. I recommend Hitman if you haven't played it and can find it.

As far as stealth games go, I still have to finish Double Agent and start on Thief:Deadly Shadows. I loved the original Thief, so I figured I would buy it and play it eventually. Well...eventually turned into several weeks, but I will start on it soon, when I finish my other 360 games. As far as good 360 stealth games, I'd suggest Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (It's an FPS, but it IS also a stealth-heavy game), Batman was also part stealth so I guess it qualifies, and Velvet Assassin (Although the beginning is much stronger than the end).

I know there were other stealth games, but let's just say I didn't exactly enjoy them. ;) By the way, IGN already reviewed the game. It's a really weird review that doesn't touch up on everything in the game, but still solid. The game received a 9.3, which I assume means it's a winner (In their book). Linky:

Hitman: Blood Money

An excellent game. I completed it for the Xbox and the 360, it really made me work for the full 1K in it too

I know there were other stealth games, but let's just say I didn't exactly enjoy them. ;) By the way, IGN already reviewed the game. It's a really weird review that doesn't touch up on everything in the game, but still solid. The game received a 9.3, which I assume means it's a winner (In their book). Linky:

I watched the video review...non stealthy flashback mission FTL.

Watched the IGN review, completely lost interest when the reviewer said he never played the others through all the way through or more then once. Really hate how it's been dumbed down and I don't think I'll be picking this up. Might play through Chaos Theory again soon which is definitely one of my top 5 games of all time.

Word of warning to those who plan on getting it, hearing that the game tends to freezes not to far into. Also hearing that if you clear the cache and play offline(thus not getting the update that its apparently causing this) it works fine.

Got the game, it's not bad. It blends stealth and action finely, where I could sneak through a room or shoot my way through. Sam Feels fast and agile and the game allows you to use tactics to escape enemies in many ways. Theres a shop system in the game, very Metal Gear-ish. Also weapons carry over between single and multi-player.

Co-op campaign seems very solid, though it feels like a the single player campaign with the exception that you occasionally need your team mate to save you.

I picked the game up last night, only got to play a few lvls but overall im very impressed with it. i was thinking it was going to be horrible and no where near as good as the others. but you are still walking in the shadows and taking down enemies silently. cant wait to see how the story plays out in this one

I'm almost done with the single-player and I already finished the co-op campaign. The story is paced nicely, and the events that transpire later in the game are pretty crazy. I still have to try the other 3 online modes and infiltration mode that I got through Uplay. Overall, I can say that it's not as stealthy as the previous titles, but stealth is still very much a key component of the game. Also, from what I've read of the first 3 books and heard in the games, Sam uses the Krav Maga fighting style among others, so it makes sense that he's as lethal as he is in this game.

In the older games, if you got caught, you didn't have much in the way of CQC apart from like one or two melee hits, so the fact that his Third Echelon leash is off and he's free to do what he wants, how he wants, makes it a more interesting experience. Overall, I would say that Chaos Theory is #1, but Conviction is a close 2nd place for me. After 4 different games, I'd say it was a good thing that they changed the gameplay up a bit. The AI could use a bit of tweaking, but overall I've enjoyed the game. Also, for those who say that stealth has been watered down in this game, remember, it plays how YOU want to play it. Try playing through the game without firing a shot and see how easy it is to do, especially on realism. Regardless, people will have varying opinions, which is fine since not everyone will enjoy the game or the like the changes they made to it.

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone still playing this? I did not like the demo for this that much so I waited on it. I recently picked this up for a good deal and must say this game is great fun. It reminds me a little like Batman: Arkham Asylum of all games, which I loved. Maybe it is the art direction.

I hear this Splinter Cell game is more action oriented than the others? I think they mixed things up pretty well. The game does rely heavily on sneaking around which is fun. I was worried that this game would not be stealthy enough for me. I like to plan everything out and be all sneaky without being seen. I think it is enough to keep me coming back. There is something satisfying about taking a guy out and then another comes to investigate all scared but he just walked into my trap :)

I want to try some co-op sometime on this.

I don't care for the black and white treatment when you get super hidden or invisible. They could of came up with something better for this. This is a similar gripe I had of the other game with Batman's detective mode. You needed it so much that you spent the whole game in this view missing all the cool looking environments.

It's not perfect but a great game to play while passing the time until Red Dead gets here :)

Here's how stealthy you need to be in a part of the co-op campaign. Like 10-15 guys to get by (I think? there is a good chunk), what to Goon360 and I do?

Compare that to Achievement Hunter's guide to the same area.

Mind you we didn't do the whole level like they did, but yea, lol. The game can be way easy if you abuse the gadgets. We used 4 portable emps, which were all we had... but at the end of the video we reach the cache and are about to reload for more.

Mind you we didn't do the whole level like they did, but yea, lol. The game can be way easy if you abuse the gadgets. We used 4 portable emps, which were all we had... but at the end of the video we reach the cache and are about to reload for more.

Ah well, the game is still surprisingly fun.

I found this. I am going to see what free extras I can get when I get home.

Splinter Cell DLC stuff

Ah well, the game is still surprisingly fun.

If you did a review when your done i would be great-full, still wondering if i should get it now or wait for it to go down in price.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.