April 5, 201016 yr comment_1243 Splinter Cell is going to be awesome! I still have all 4 of the older games (First three on OXBOX, Double Agent on 360) The demo was awesome, albeit, a bit too easy on normal difficulty. I definitely can't wait to play it when it comes out next week. Co-op FTW! Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1248 Sadly as good as the trailer looks I dunno if I'll be getting it. I'm usually a big fan of Clancy games (just look at my profile) but I could never warm to Splinter Cell. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1285 im a big fan of the series and with a 6 hour coop story that is different from the single player, this is a must buy for me Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1299 I want to like it, but the demo kind of put me off. In Chaos Theory, a few bullets killed you. I took all kinds of damage in this demo and I never once died. I didn't even have to be stealthy. I just ran up to most of them and hit a button.I think the painting is pretty cheap, too. I'm glad it's optional. I wouldn't use it hardly ever. I'm used to stealth killing one at a time, making as little noise and disruption as possible.At the end of the demo, I was a floor above the final three enemies. I shot two and wanted to see if I could drop on the final person. So I hang over the edge and hit every freaking button combo I can try. I was RIGHT OVER HIM. Just drop on him! Finally, I slid over a bit and it let me. That bothers me. I don't want to be sliding all over, looking for the right spot to drop on someone. I want to line up over their heads, and just fall. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1303 That trailer was AWESOME The music totally makes it. The demo somewhat turned me off this game though. Perhaps I'll get it when it inevitably drops in price. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1382 I might sound like a tard but what's the name of the song in the demo? Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1384 The trailer you mean? It's Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1417 I want to like it, but the demo kind of put me off. In Chaos Theory, a few bullets killed you. I took all kinds of damage in this demo and I never once died. I didn't even have to be stealthy. I just ran up to most of them and hit a button.Thats what really got me with this one, SC is one of the few games that I actually like "you mess up, your screwed" difficulty. Now its like you have to try to get into a situation that you can't live through. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1428 Sneaking seemed fake, too. When I snuck up (or dove into cover right behind an enemy), I made all kinds of noise. Your footsteps aren't muffled at all, hardly. That took me out of the game. I can only suspend my disbelief for so much. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1431 Oh, it would be also be nice if I could stealth kill someone without punching or shooting someone in the face(even after grabbing someone, which now alerts everyone in the room). Also, WHY DID THEY TAKE OUT MOVING BODIES? WWWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY????? Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1434 Yeah! lol What is up with shooting someone, after you stealthily grabbed them? Makes no sense at all.I read somewhere, that they didn't have time to add in hiding bodies. Here it is. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1440 Didn't have time to ADD in a feature that was a very essential element in the previous 4 games? That just has LOLOLOL written all over it. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1586 I want to like it, but the demo kind of put me off. In Chaos Theory, a few bullets killed you. I took all kinds of damage in this demo and I never once died.The guys from Next Gen Walkthroughs that did this video of the demo were saying how fast you die on this game, then, they did it on the hardest difficulty. Maybe it was on a easier difficulty for you? I agree, if it was that easy it wouldn't feel very Splinter celly. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1745 Whatever the default difficulty for the demo is. That's what I used. I didn't change anything in settings or whatever.Still, he mentions that in the hardest difficulty, you get shot three times and you die. Even on lower difficulties in the older SC games, you die with as little as two. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1754 You could indeed die a lot faster in the older games, but you also had med stations to heal at and get stuff. I think this game plays out the way you approach it. You could approach each situation in many different ways, so I think that's a big factor as to why some people found it too action-oriented or too slow.I'll admit that the pacing for me was much quicker than I'm used to, but the game also seemed to perform much more fluidly than the older games, animation wise. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1759 No point in a med station, if it only takes two bullets to kill you. lolThe older ones rewarded you for being stealthy and patient. In this one, you can go in guns a blazing and make it out. I know he's not a splinter cell anymore and just wants revenge. Still though, I prefer the older style of game play. Snapping to each and every bit of cover reminds me of Gears. I'd rather just click in my left thumbstick and quietly move from place to place, snapping necks. =] Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1762 Yeah, they took a pretty huge risk taking this new approach to the series...But if they didn't I'm sure every reviewer, and fan would be complaining that it's the same game as all the others. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1874 Whatever the default difficulty for the demo is. That's what I used. I didn't change anything in settings or whatever.Still, he mentions that in the hardest difficulty, you get shot three times and you die. Even on lower difficulties in the older SC games, you die with as little as two.Ok. Yeah, It is sort of bad that it is heading in a different direction than the old stealthy games. Report
April 10, 201016 yr comment_2557 Heh, now Splinter Cell fans get to feel how Rainbow Six fans felt when Vegas came out. Report
April 10, 201016 yr comment_2559 are there any other good stealth games out there?Keep an eye out for Thief 4. I imagine after the newest Deus Ex comes out, we'll be hearing more about it. While waiting however, I urge you try the older Thief titles. Very satisfying stealth games. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.