Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Xbox One Day One Controller

Featured Replies

We got the Day One edition console and I was curious if anybody was having problems with the wireless Day One controller.  It keeps disconnecting despite trying new batteries and different ranges of sitting.  I was just curious if this is a widespread issue, because it makes playing games like Battlefield 4 dreadful.  Other than that, the console so far is great.  It is extremely quiet and I love the new interface of the dashboard and that I can go and check out other things while a game is loading, etc...The snap feature is something I wish the 360 had.

 

 

Edit....Nevermind.  Jason found this on Xbox Support and we moved the coffee table that was in front of the controller because it had the "interference"  that is mentioned on here.  It seems to be working fine now.  Strange....

 

"Metallic objects (such as a chrome faceplate, metal dividers, shelves, or doors of an entertainment center) that are positioned between the console and the wireless controller are causing interference with the wireless controller's connection to the console."  http://Xbox One Support

Edited by Siren

What would have changed between the new and old controllers? Wireless technology really has not changed much to my knowledge.

  • Author

I'm not too sure either.  There was a problem with FIFA 14 and the wireless controllers if two are on at one time with the controller crashing, however EA released that patch yesterday.  I wonder if maybe it is Battlefield 4 related, because when Jason was playing Killer Instinct there wasn't a problem.   I've asked those on my friends list who picked up an Xbox One if they are having a problem and they said no, everything is working fine. I assumed the issue was fix when we moved the coffee table out of the way, however it disconnected again when he was back to playing Battlefield 4 online.  Maybe it's a Battlefield 4 controller problem like with FIFA or we could just have a faulty controller.  Support is sending a replacement Day One wireless controller, so I guess we will see.  I must say though....I am puzzled  :blink:

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.