July 2, 201016 yr comment_12811 CONTEST OVER:Winners:Cody, PeeKnuckle and AudaciousKevinI have up for grabs three Introversion Complete Packs from Steam! This includes the games: Darwinia, DEFCON, Multiwinia, and Uplink. The beauty of which they all require minimal system requirements ( pretty much any modern computer can play them). They are also each great games in their own right.You can check them out here:http://www.introversion.co.uk/In honor of those war games I have decided to host a Battleship contest! The rules are simple:Here is the battlefield:On my battlefield are ships:1 - Four Cell Ship2 - Three Cell Ships3 - Two Cell Ships4 - One Cell ShipsThat is a total of 20 cells that my battleships occupy.To enter the contest, PM me your entries. There will be no response to hits. Each person is allowed 20 guesses ( please send them all at once ) to try and hit my battleships. You can either A) send me grid coordinates ie. A1, B3, etc or download the above jpg and color in the 20 squares you want to pick and send the jpg to me. You can of course post your guesses in the thread if you want, but this will give away your battle plan to the enemy so the choice is yours!The top three people to hit the most battleships wins!The only hints I will give are that my ships are RANDOM and none of them are nose to nose. Each ship also has a space around it, so no ship is touching another ship including diagonally. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12812 Dude. That is so awesome. lolDownloading the grid and filling it out! Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12813 That is a really clever idea for a contest...I just have to try this now. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12814 Dude this is awesome, thanks for the opportunity. I totally did my entry in MS Paint. Good luck everyone. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12826 Ohhhhh, I'm gonna enter this! Sounds like fun and the prize is even better. Report
July 3, 201016 yr Author comment_12875 Shaping up to be a number of entries so I've added another pack to the prize list! Now the TOP 3 will receive the Complete Pack! Report
July 4, 201016 yr comment_12901 Im going to have to ask, are you gonna post where the ships were after its over? I want to see how bad I am at battleship xD Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12935 Guessed via PM. Nice contest, Dat!Reminds me of the functional Battleship game I made using Excel once. lol Report
July 8, 201016 yr Author comment_13119 I'm starting to match up the correct hits now. If anyone else would like to enter you have until 10pm EST tonight to submit to me you 20 guesses. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13126 Ick. I have a lot of papers to grade soon.Have fun with that... Report
July 9, 201016 yr Author comment_13157 The contest is over and the winners have been chosen. We'll start with my battlefield:The contest was pretty close all the way around and there were a number of ties. As a matter of fact we had a tie for 1st place, but luckily there are multiple copies so that settles that. On to the damage done to my navy:As you can see our winners are PeeKnuckle and Cody tied for 1st and AudaciousKevin coming in 2nd. PK and Cody please PM me your email and/or SteamID and I will send you your Introversion Complete Pack. Kevin, please PM Skylark95 with your information and he will be forwarding you the last one. Thanks everyone for playing!Everyone's submissions can be found here:http://dateranoth.co...versioncontest/Including a spreadsheet I used to add up the hits. Please feel free to check your shots against my ships. If there are any errors that would have meant you winning a prize I will be happy to give you a prize as well for my mistake.Thanks again everyone and enjoy! Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13159 Sweet, thank you very much, Dateranoth. And congrats to PK and Cody. This was a cool idea for a contest.Man, I've gotten something from the last two contests I've entered, I guess I might need to hold a small contest of my own to make up for it. EDIT: http://www.gamercide.org/forum/index.php?/topic/972-aks-fsjal-contest/ Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13164 Woo! As Kevin said, this contest was way cool. Had a lot of fun with for sure. Thanks so much, Dateranoth. I appreciate what you've been doing for us and Gamercide. You're a good friend, man. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13165 Wooh! Thanks Dat, I've been wanting to play Darwinia. I really didn't think I was going to win, I didn't have much strategy just went ape **** with my purple in MS paint. Congratulations PK and Kev. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13170 Congrats guys. Really sorry I missed this contest, I usually skip over them because I'm never eligible for them, with me being in Canada and all. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13171 Lol... I like how everyone filled out the chart a little differently.Thanks for the contest dat... that was fun. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13189 That was really fun, lol. We should do more of these, recreational though. No prize giving unless the person wants to. Report
July 9, 201016 yr Author comment_13219 That was really fun, lol. We should do more of these, recreational though. No prize giving unless the person wants to.lol. I'm game for that. Was easier to check the answers than I thought it would be. Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13234 im actually surprised i got 3 hits xD...nice contest man.. was fun Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.