August 25, 201313 yr comment_79547 Those big events are nearly reenactments of movie sets. So they might as well be. Report
August 25, 201313 yr comment_79554 Damn and i thought my merc armor was exp. Those are some sick costumes Report
November 18, 201312 yr Author comment_81167 I've done it again. I ran another backyard half marathon (a bit more than that actually) and I set multiple new records. Longest run at just over two hours, farthest run at about 15.5 miles, most calories burned at around 1,450 (about an average day's worth of food for me), and probably the most exercise I've ever gotten all at once. All with no stops. And it's no coincidence that I did it on a nice full moon night. And the low temperature outside was perfect. I ran in a short sleeve running shirt and shorts and was only a bit cold for about the first mile. Also yes, this is just copy pasted from the post I already made on Facebook lol. Report
November 18, 201312 yr comment_81175 Thats a great pace, I hope one day I can get down to that. Report
November 18, 201312 yr Author comment_81176 Thanks, but it's still a little bit inaccurate because that was really 375 tight ovals around a section of my backyard. I really wish I had a track or something in my yard. I'm thinking at some point I'll need to try out the nearby school tracks after hours, to at least get an accurate one mile pace reading. Report
December 4, 201312 yr comment_81403 Just got a pair of the Altra Zero Drop Instincts 1.5, had a short run in them and it went ok, have been running in Vibrams but felt I needed a little more cushion. My wife got a pair of the Jaybirds BlueBuds X headphones and those are really cool I may get a pair later as well. It has dropped about 40 degrees in temp here so running outside has become more of a challenge. I plan on starting my half marathon training program at the end of the month. Report
December 4, 201312 yr Author comment_81404 Yeah last night was one of the first times I let the temperature be a major excuse to not run lol. I got home late, had to get up early, and it was 37 degrees Fahrenheit out lol. My damn Nike+ sensor broke again already. I won't get another at this rate. Just a better armband for the iPod and use its slightly less accurate pedometer. Or just stop being OCD about tracking and just run. The music is important and I like knowing my rough times though. Report
December 4, 201312 yr comment_81411 We use the Garmin watches, I have the 410 and my wife has the 610, there are foot pods for them for additioanl cost but I dont use them for running, I would if I used my road bike more, but the watches themselves are good for distance and time, I was pretty obessive about always looking at my pace but now depending on the run I will only check it at certain points, and on some runs not until the end. That way I can get an natural instinct of how fast I am going and usually I am surprised at my time casue I feel like I run slower than I actually am. Report
January 4, 201412 yr Author comment_81849 Today marks a fitness/running milestone for me. I ran a 6 minute mile! 5:59 to be precise, so I can say it's under 6. I achieved this on my local high school track at about 5:30pm. I tried the elementary school track on Monday and it's decent, but the high school track was much nicer, and an even quarter mile. I'll definitely go to the HS track again to run on days that I have the time (it has to be in the evening when it's cool and the sun won't burn me). Report
January 7, 201412 yr comment_81877 So my running and excercise have paid off!, my work had a tracking program and if you got so many points you got entered into a contest for a 500$ gift card to Scheels, and guess who won.... this guy! Started my first run for the half marathon training, I like the new Altra shoes with the Injinji toe socks, I dont get the blisters with them like I used to and I picked up a pair of the Jaybirds headphones as well, when worn over the ear they are great. Report
January 7, 201412 yr Author comment_81880 Nice toe socks can prevent blisters? I may have to get a pair. The worst I get is on the side of the big toes, to the point where I have to trim them down. o.0 Report
January 7, 201412 yr comment_81882 Its what worked for me I think the regular socks were keeping my toes to bunched up, the toe socks at least let them spread out more, and protect in between toes. Are you trimming your toenails to short? I was doing that on some of my toes and because the nail is to short the skin gets pushed up and over which causes a blister. Report
March 3, 201412 yr comment_83167 Got added to a team to do the SoCal ragnar, will be running from Huntington Beach to San Diego with 11 other people on Apr 4th. My legs will be 8.6mi, 11.8mi and 4.2mi. Looking forward to running along the ocean for 2 of the legs. Report
March 3, 201412 yr comment_83168 That sounds great, Double D. Congratulations and have a nice time running, man. Report
March 3, 201412 yr Author comment_83169 That's awesome, Double. I haven't done any endurance in a few months due to my busier schedule. The school track is great though. I go almost every night and do at least 2 miles (average,usually just 2) and a few 100 meter sprints. I think my record on 100m is 17.something seconds (didn't time it professionally or anything) Report
April 8, 201412 yr comment_83623 Finished the So Cal Ragnar, had a great time, the people in my Van were cool, there were a few issues with the course but nothing major. Next race is a half marathon on the 26th Report
April 9, 201412 yr Author comment_83633 Congratulations Dubl, that's awesome. I haven't run anything more than three miles at once in so long because of my busier schedule. I usually go more for speed now. Running two 6.5 to 7.5 minute miles then doing a 100m, 200m, then 100m sprint. I don't know how to pace myself anymore lol, I hate the feeling of running slow or jogging. Something about actually being on a nice track makes me want to just go all out. But someday I hope to do a marathon event like that. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how I do again in the Kilted Mile. Report
June 21, 201412 yr comment_84152 Ran the 3rd of 4 races in the last month, had a PR today of 1:53:13 for a half Marathon, my first Half was 2:08 in a downpour(I think I am still wet), then 2:00:31, have a relay race this weekend then another Half on July 19th. Report
September 22, 201412 yr comment_85104 Finished the Napa Valley Ragnar, it was a blast met some really cool runners that joined our team, and the run where awesome although a bit hot, ran an 11.4 miler for my last leg that was tough but its all done now. Report
September 27, 201412 yr comment_85143 Here is a video of our Napa Ragnar, the team was awesome!!! Hopefully this works. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=679010462206548 Report
September 28, 201412 yr comment_85147 Crazy amounts of running. Glad you finished it, I don't think I could ever make myself try and do that. Report
September 30, 201412 yr comment_85154 Honestly it isn't that bad some runners only had 11-13 miles total so it was like doing 3 5ks, it depends on what runner you are, I had 26 miles initially but my wife swapped a leg with me so I ended up doing about 22, but my last leg was 11.4 and it was brutally hot, other than that it was fun though and some of the runs scenery wise were awesome. I am doing a Red Rock relay in Park city on the 11th of Oct, its a 1 day relay and your run 2 times. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.