August 16, 201313 yr comment_79284 Sucks about the unemployment, but at least you have some prospects. Good luck. Report
August 17, 201313 yr Author comment_79305 I had a good time my first day working at the theater in Angel's Camp, and I got to see Kick Ass 2 for free with my brother afterwards. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy working here immensely more than WalMart. For starters it will supposedly be eight hour shifts on Saturdays, with more days as they become available. Report
August 17, 201313 yr comment_79311 Great news Kevin. Glad you're enjoying your new job. Thats super important Report
August 17, 201313 yr Author comment_79314 Also, the interview for a driver position at O'Reiley's Auto Parts seemed to go well. It would be part time. If it came down to it I think I'd like working at the theater more though, as opposed to driving all around. Report
August 18, 201313 yr comment_79327 Keep up the good work man. Looking for jobs is tough, but you have the skills.That theater jobs sounds much better than WalMart so contratz on that. Report
November 6, 201312 yr Author comment_81013 I've been working that theater position for almost three months now. It's only Saturdays and Sundays for now, but it is a very fun job. Mostly selling tickets/food and cleaning. I also get to see all of the movies for free. If a movie comes out on Friday, I can come see it free any time Sunday onwards. I also have an interview next week for a part time job at one of my local banks in town. It would be perfect because they are only open Mon-Fri 9-5 so it wouldn't interfere with my theater job (weekends) or kung fu (6pm Tue/Thur). Other than that I'm also considering doing a bit of schooling next year at Columbia College in Sonora. Not exactly sure what courses to take, but I have an appointment to take an assessment test and meet with a career counselor towards the end of the month. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_81014 Glad the job is working out for you. Good luck with the bank job. As far as school, certainly a good idea. Maybe just take some prerequisites to get started. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_81015 Best of luck in your appointment and definitely a good idea going back to school. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_81016 Good luck in that interview and test. Nobody ever said you went to school too much Report
November 14, 201312 yr Author comment_81111 And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you dress for a job interview.I got back from the interview for for my local Central State Credit Union bank a little while ago, and it seemed to go pretty well. Report
November 15, 201312 yr comment_81117 Looking sharp there Kevin. Hopefully the interview pans out into a job. Report
December 7, 201312 yr Author comment_81438 Another update, I heard a while back that I didn't get the bank job. I asked and the manager said that the interview had gone great, but they just had another applicant with more cash handling experience. But now I've registered to take some classes at Columbia College in Sonora next year starting in January, for the semester which ends about May. I did well on my assessment test and I will be taking basic classes for starters, English 1A and Algebra II, which are the final English and Math classes required for a degree. So my schedule will be pretty full up with my job at the theater, college classes, and my kung fu classes (which are still going awesome). Good times. Report
December 7, 201312 yr comment_81446 College is probably the better path anyway. Good luck with the classes. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.