Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Firmware update

Featured Replies

Well the new PS3 firmware update is out now .. the one with the monthly/yearly subscription .. I think I'm gonna sign up for it. I'll let you know how it is.

Interesting. I guess the next time I want to watch a Blu Ray, I'd better budget an extra 45 minutes to allow time for the update...

  • Author

Honestly that update didn't take that long. It also has a video editor now .. rather interesting since I did not know that. If I get bored enough I'll play with it but I have Final Cut on my Mac so there's not much need to edit anything with different program.

So I bought the year plan for $50 bucks .. hmm .. could be cool. It has an hour long demo of inFamous with the full game for $30 much the same way the "Games on Demand" is on Xbox. There's a few things already half off but most is simple nostagic stuff. Mortal Kombat 2, Guanlet 2 .. these cost $2.50 instead of $5 not a bad walk down memory lane .. but boy are they dated. I seemed to have killed Wipeout HD. The full game was available for FREE (regular $19.99) but when I went to download it, it disappeared from the Playstation Network. Maybe it was never intended to free, or maybe it's just a small hic-up. I'll keep an eye out for it later and see if it comes back.

As far as sales on PS1 games .. well .. I don't know. So far nothing of any importance or interest is on sale yet, so this leads me to to think that the sale only applies to "Select" games and not ALL the games. If that's the case then I did not know that and I don't recall Jack Trenton saying that either. I was hoping to get the copy of Final Fantasy VII for $8 instead of $10.

So if Wipeout HD comes back (can't even buy it at full price) and more PS1 games go on sale, this seems to be a pretty good deal. Not a great deal, not a reason to buy a PS3, and certainly not a reason to get it today. Get the update and then you can look and see what's available if you upgrade to the pay plan, if you don't want it the PSN is the same as it's always been.

  • Author

Interesting. I guess the next time I want to watch a Blu Ray, I'd better budget an extra 45 minutes to allow time for the update...

I just found out that you can set the updates for Auto Update and pick a time you want it to do that. Guess it has to stay on stand by. I think it's in system information

oh all that fun is still free .. just not the new kinds of fun

Which is why they shouldn't have used that campaign. "Always" means forever.

This is what happens when companies get smarmy, and go after their competition via marketing and ads. It almost always end up biting them in the ass.

  • Author

I agree .. Sony should have kept the PSN and the accounts as is without the new payment option. Since it worked for me .. hell I can afford $50 bucks a year .. this really isn't something that would make some choose a PS3 over a 360 or Wii. It's a fine option right now and I think it'll only get better .. still no sign of a *free* subscription to Qore which was another selling point for me. I would hope they can add more things to it like free movies (obviously Sony movies), and a discount on ALL PS1 games.

Gotta tell you though that movie editing function is a rather interesting idea.

I agree .. Sony should have kept the PSN and the accounts as is without the new payment option. Since it worked for me .. hell I can afford $50 bucks a year .. this really isn't something that would make some choose a PS3 over a 360 or Wii. It's a fine option right now and I think it'll only get better .. still no sign of a *free* subscription to Qore which was another selling point for me. I would hope they can add more things to it like free movies (obviously Sony movies), and a discount on ALL PS1 games.

Gotta tell you though that movie editing function is a rather interesting idea.

It does look interesting. You don't even need to be a Plus member to use the feature, : D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.