August 3, 201313 yr comment_79011 Its awsome that your enjoying this so much. Its great exercise and good for the mind. Report
August 4, 201313 yr Author comment_79066 If anyone would care to subscribe to the Sheng Chi center's Youtube channel, they need to get to 1000 subscribers before they can start uploading the videos in HD.http://www.youtube.com/shengchifoundation They are at 258 as of this posting. Come on, you know you want to see me do Kung Fu in HD. Report
August 4, 201313 yr comment_79069 Gamercide only has 89 subscribers and we're able to upload in HD. We can also upload longer than standard videos, which it looks like they can do as well. In fact, they're able to upload more than an hour long video if they want. I'm not even sure we're able to do that. Not saying they're being disingenuous. Probably mistaken or their videos aren't in HD. Still subbed. Report
August 4, 201313 yr comment_79071 If they get to 100 subs, be sure to show them this article.http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/04/youtube-opens-live-streaming-to-channels-with-100-subs/ Then they can livestream if they like. Pretty cool of YT, but I think it's not out of the goodness of their hearts. haha Report
November 6, 201312 yr Author comment_81012 I thought this was a funny moment in kung fu class today. Shifu Miller was demonstrating a technique to use only two fingers to make someone fall. "He's really flexible and won't fall" *does it on me and I bend out of it, then does it to another reluctant student and they fall right down*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dd08Ww9enA&feature=share&t=30m20s Report
November 7, 201312 yr Author comment_81020 Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 to 6:30 is free warmup, 6:30 to around 7:30/7:45 is lessons. Cardio/Tai Chi/Yoga is roughly the same time on Wednesdays. Report
December 7, 201312 yr Author comment_81439 I finally earned my Low Yellow belt (2/3rds to full Yellow). Report
April 4, 201412 yr Author comment_83605 I just earned my full Yellow Belt today, and have to show it off with style:Looking at the video I posted in here of my first day, it seems like I've come a long way."Long term consistency trumps short term intensity." ~Bruce Lee Report
July 2, 201412 yr Author comment_84203 Today I dummied for a demonstration in the kids class (I've been assisting the teachers in the kids' classes that take place just before my normal class for a couple months now, it's a lot of fun). It was fun, here is a video of the shenanigans. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154302113695158&fref=nf Report
July 5, 201412 yr comment_84227 That does look pretty interesting Kevin. Some of those kids sound like they are really into it. A few, not so much. haha. Congrats on the Yellow Belt btw. I must have missed that post before. Report
November 25, 201411 yr Author comment_85977 Apparently I forgot to post about the last couple new belts I got. I got Junior Orange (Yellow with an Orange stripe in the middle; a few months ago) then Low Orange (Orange with a Yellow stripe; a few weeks ago), so I'm getting close to a full Orange belt.Also, the red tips on the belt mean that I've gone through a training program on how to teach material to newer students, so I'm technically a Junior Instructor now too. Report
November 25, 201411 yr comment_85978 That's friggin awesome Kevin! You look really great in your Gi also! Congrats to you man. Report
December 8, 201411 yr comment_86104 Cool Kevin! Congratulations on your advancement and sticking with it. Report
March 22, 201511 yr comment_87225 That last video was cool. Looks like it would be amusing to do other than the blood going to your head. I'd probably have fallen. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.