April 22, 201313 yr comment_75221 IGN - 7.2, Polygon - 5.5, OXM - 7.5 Said to play the worst on PS3 and the best on PC. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/22/dead-island-riptide-review http://www.polygon.com/game/dead-island-riptide/3635 http://www.oxmonline.com/dead-island-riptide-review?page=0,1 Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75225 That first review makes me want to punch things. "This is a really shitty game, but I like killing things and I'm having fun - so I'm going to give it a rating that should be reserved for games that have story, decent programming and scripting and fixes previous errors in earlier installments" People need to stop reviewing things with a score if they only have half a brain. Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75228 I'll have the official Gamercide review up hopefully before the end of the day, midday tomorrow at the latest. Want to get some more co-op in before finishing it up. Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75232 I just wrote my review today. I don't think it was that bad. More of the same for the most part. That, for me, means pretty good. Dead Island was my 2011 game of the year. Yes, over Skyrim. Dropped 44 hours into the first game. Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75235 To each their own! Hell, I enjoyed plenty of games that got horrible reviews (Deadly Premonition is a great example) Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75248 Seems easy enough. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one. If you didn't enjoy it then this one wont be any better. Report
April 22, 201313 yr Author comment_75250 I liked the first game, too. If Riptide means more of the same, I'm cool with that. The price was really good for a newly released game. I only paid $32 for my copy and I'm pretty sure I'll get my money's worth. Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75251 reviews from large companies like IGN are just crap anyway. SD smaller websites give more honest reviews. Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75256 i usually wait for community scores, usually they are far different than the so called reviewer's score. Report
April 22, 201313 yr Author comment_75268 I didn't. You had a very valid point that I agree with. I was happy when our reviewers decided not to apply ratings to their reviews. If they're read entirely, the reader will know if the reviewer liked the game or not. Ratings cater to ADD and I think people will learn more if they take the time to read things instead of just glancing over or going right to the rating. I was more replying to the reviews saying "more of the same". Report
April 22, 201313 yr comment_75270 Yeah. I get it and don't like it either MrsBE. Not the first review that read like the person hated the game only to give it a high score. Report
April 23, 201313 yr comment_75292 IGN gets a 1/5 as a site. Everything about it is garbage. Dead Island was fun, and Dead Island Riptide was cheap enough, like PK said, that I don't really care if it sucks or not. Besides, I paid $59.99 for Brink and want to kill myself for it. Report
April 23, 201313 yr Author comment_75302 I know. First read over here, now go askew a bit and read over here. Now block an entire area with a large graphic. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.