April 19, 201313 yr Author comment_75043 Just before 3 p.m. on April 15, Bauman was waiting among the crowd for his girlfriend to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview.Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff’s legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee. “He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.Those words may help crack the mystery of who perpetrated one of the highest-profile acts of terror in the U.S. since the 2001 assault on New York City and the Washington area, one that killed three people and wounded scores.While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman’s information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-19/boston-bombing-victim-in-iconic-photo-helped-identify-attackers.html He should be honored with every hero type medal there is. Report
April 19, 201313 yr Author comment_75044 This may be the dead suspect. The title has been translated to "caucasian accents". Report
April 19, 201313 yr Author comment_75045 I found this comment that matched the name of the suspect on the run - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Dzhokhar TsarnaevAugust 31, 2011 at 11:42 pm In this case it would have been hard to protect or defend these young boys if the whole town exclaimed in happiness at the arrest. Also, to go against the authorities isn’t the easiest thing to do. Don’t get me wrong though, I am appalled at the situation but I think that the town was scared and desperate to blame someone. It’s because of stories like this and such occurrences that make a positive change in this world. I’m pretty sure there won’t be anymore similar tales like this. In any case, if they do, people won’t stand quiet, i hope.http://umdfyebookblink.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/thin-slicing-turns-tragic/ Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75071 PK, this seems odd to me. I can't be SURE it's the same person, but it damn looks the same. The is supposedly the dude who had both legs blown off and the cowboy hat wearing "peace activist" helping him. *edit* Removed image. I'm going to say they're different people. If you really want to see the image I suppose I can post a link but I'm not going to leave it up. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75077 Absolute chaos here. All of the Greater Greater Boston area is on complete lock down. There was a bomb scare at the social security office in NH near where I was delivering to for work. These dudes were throwing grenades out of the car as they were getting chased by cops. Multiple detonation of explosives by cops throughout the day. The older brother of 26 is dead. The younger is on the run. He's 19. Still at large as of 1446 EDT. They killed the MIT officer and critically wounded an MBTA officer. This is fucking insane. Scariest shit I've ever lived through. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75082 We may as well go to a marshal law country with military on every street Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75083 Any theories as to why it's Boston that's getting it's shit shoved in?Or do we anticipate other larger cities to start this mess as well? Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75084 Any theories as to why it's Boston that's getting it's shit shoved in?Or do we anticipate other larger cities to start this mess as well? Best target at the time. Thousands and thousands of civilians gathered around to watch an international event? Best time to bomb. I wouldn't expect much in other areas. They've lived in Cambridge for like 10 years. I wouldn't expect a multi-city attack. Report
April 19, 201313 yr Author comment_75096 It was a gut check, Avahra. Drinking With Bob poised a great question. Why were people able to walk straight up to the freaking finish line of a major sporting event and drop off several bombs? They passed by countless law enforcement officials and no one saw a thing. This is how terrorism works. By instilling terror into people. No matter who carries it out. Still hard to believe that one of them behind it, is the same age as my own son. Really boggles the mind. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75097 They say the 19 year old is pinned down in the back of a boat on Franklin St in Watertown. Holy fuck. Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_75098 Movement from the boat as of 7:39PM. This is intense as fuck. My heart is POUNDING listening to this scanner. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam Report
April 20, 201313 yr Author comment_75101 I was up all night as they "had him cornered, almost in custody". I'm not getting happy again until it's confirmed and this asshole is stopped. Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_75102 ...This is how terrorism works. By instilling terror into people. No matter who carries it out.And we let it work. This is now going to effect my experience at the Kentucky Derby. And is effecting plenty of other events too. Report
April 20, 201313 yr Author comment_75103 Sure is. I know someone who was going to take part in a walkathon in May and won't now. Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_75104 This dude is literally trapped right now. He's in a backyard surrounded by a small perimeter of SWAT and tactical units. There are "multiple larger perimeters" set up around the house, roads, and highways. They say he shows movement but not much. Wouldn't surprise me if he was exhausted and tired. It's been almost 24 hours straight that he's been on the run. Report
April 20, 201313 yr Author comment_75106 Bastard. I just came to post that pic. lol Glad they got him alive. Report
April 20, 201313 yr Author comment_75119 https://twitter.com/BarackObama/statuses/324601226471829504April 13th Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_75167 omg zooey deschanel lololol. Been following this, this has been fucking INTENSE. Report
April 21, 201313 yr Author comment_75196 Interesting readhttp://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/04/drone-strikes-and-the-boston-marathon-bombing/275164/ Report
April 22, 201313 yr Author comment_75214 Found this interesting. Interesting, since twitter accounts from on the scene I was following that night, they were also reporting zero explosions at the time it was reported the brothers were tossing them out left and right. There's plenty of captured video that's posted of the firefights, but none so far that I've seen, that contain explosions. Another interesting thing that I noticed was, the guy on Twitter whose driveway was the scene where the police SUV ended up crashing, went silent for almost a full day. If anyone had any clear idea of what really happened, it would have been him. He was snapping pictures all night and tweeting them and then suddenly stopped. A short time later, the older brother was dead and it was reported that his brother ran him over. I have the distinct feeling that this story will continue to get more strange as time goes on. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.