Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Borderlands 2 update released [Multi-Platform]

Featured Replies

Third playthrough, Pearlescent weapons, enemies regen health, Slag is much stronger, more storage space, etc etc.

 

GO GO GO!

 

Today's an exciting day for Borderlands 2 -- a new update (containing the new Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, extra storage capacity and a variety of bug fixes) and the Ultimate Upgrade Pack (which allows characters to gain 11 additional levels, pick up powerful new loot and more) are rolling out now on Xbox 360 and Steam and very soon on PlayStation 3 as part of the next PlayStation Store update.

Details on the level cap increase, new mode and update can be found below:


Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

Borderlands 2 Update Notes

Don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!

And just in case you need some new gear to help level up, here are some celebratory SHiFT codes...

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:

K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5


Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:

KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF


PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:

C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

These codes will be active for longer than normal, but don't wait too long -- they will expire some day! To redeem, at the Borderlands 2 Main Menu select Extras then SHiFT Code.

 

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1025/borderlands-2--ultimate-vault-hunters-wanted

  • Author

Cheesed my way through Boom & Bewm using a Nukem RPG. Only shield I have on this current character is a Bee shield, and it's capacity is far too low for third playthrough. Boom dropped a legendary grenade mod, though, so I guess the drop rates did improve. Others are saying the same.

I don't have a PC yet but getting back into Borderlands 2 on Xbox tonight. At least my daughter is into it so I will have someone to play with. PC will be built this year I vow!

 

Thanks for the shift codes I will need those!! Heck I am not even top level. Got some work to do  :)

I wonder if there are other shift codes from your other posts that may work too haha. I am going to try them all and see how many keys I can get.

  • Author

I think that would depend on if the person answering likes a challenge or not. This mode is not easy at all. Gearbox knows it's not for everyone. By their own metrics, only 16% of people that own BL2, has a level 50 character. So, not many are going to bother or buy the level raising add-on.

 

I like challenges, but I'll be honest -- I've cursed out loud several times and I'm only to Sanctuary. lol I am enjoying it, though. 8 from me.

I jumped back into borderlands 2 last night. No one on xbox is playing and my daughter is busy during the week but on weekends I will rope her into playing for a bit. I forgot how tough it can be to solo lol but I am having fun. Once I respeced my Siren it got easier. I can't imagine not having the health regen abilities if I am alone alot. I took down Saturn. It took a bit but got him.

  • Author

If you don't spec for health, you can do the mission for Mordie where you need to shoot barrels off a car in The Dust. Turn it into Moxxi, and you get her Rubi pistol. Rubi gives you 12% health from any damage you put out. I usually throw my Stormfront grenade mod, switch to Rubi, and hide behind something. Full health!

  • Author

I'm playing on my other Siren for now and just found a level 51 Fashionable Storm sniper (Pearlescent). Holy crap it rules. I thought it just did a shock blast on impact and then some short lived, tiny projectiles. Nuh uh. Those sphere projectiles continue to shock at a good rate for quite awhile. Perfect for some of these guys with ridiculous shields! lol Anyways, I leveled up a Loot Goon to a God-liath and that sniper was inside his chest after I killed him (and him killing me twice). It was on the way to meeting Lilith in Frostburn Canyon. The crazy uber Psychos killed me once, too. Their ranged pipe throw or whatever that is... fuuu!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.