Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sexism in Games – A Mea Culpa by Trixie360/Christa Charter

Featured Replies

PK i never knew..lol.....but no i wasnt uptight. How the hell can someone comment on a post if they dont read the whole things

To be honest PK, that's what I did. I haven't gone to bed yet and it's almost 11 am though. Usually I'd read it. I just wanted to keep up with the thread.

I think the blame goes all around. What classifies as "sexy" nowadays would be considered slutty and vile by my grandparents generation. I feel like the best way to analyze some situations regarding gender is switching the roles. What if a man walked into work with shorts that were only 6-10 inches long, were skin tight and showed the bulge in his pants and wore a deep v-neck shirt that showed way too much chest hair? 

I worked in the gay district, I saw this a lot, I kid you not. Not a person unphased.

 

But regardless, 6-10 inches is ridiculous and should be against dress code to begin with. Skin tight, don't care, v neck shirt, those are in down here in SoCal. lol. So I mean... I personally don't care. But I'm sure some women would be all OMG NO WAI THAT'S TERRIBLE. A person dressed inappropriately is a person dressed inappropriately. But it doesn't give me the right to treat them like a slut.

I'm glad that Trixie wrote that.  All things with Gamerchix aside and what not, it was a good post from her.

 

The biggest piece of sexism I've encountered was while I was in the Army.  Now don't get me wrong not all of them are like that, it was just a select few.  Some of them were quite blatant about it when you were in uniform or in your civilian clothes and others you heard about from other people.   Since you had to go through chain of command and if there was higher rank involved it made it impossible to report, so you just let it roll of your shoulders, laugh, and go about your business wishing really runny diarrhea on all of them.

I wasn't going to respond to this at all because sexism hits me fairly personally and incenses me to a point beyond anger. My wife has been a victim of these types of situations and it is not easy. Especially for the over protective nature in me.

That said, some comments here and insinuations have really bothered me. The blame most certainly DOES NOT go all around and for gd sure nobody asks for this to happen. Be it their dress, actions, or otherwise. Men, REAL men, will not allow things like those described in Trixie's and numerous other examples to take place, much less take part in them. It is a travesty that we, as a community (Not Gamercide, but gaming as a whole mind you) have to even attempt to explain this, much less defend these victims of what amounts to abuse. Be it physical or mental, that's what this is...abuse. It literally sickens and angers me.

I'm glad that Trixie wrote that. All things with Gamerchix aside and what not, it was a good post from her.

The biggest piece of sexism I've encountered was while I was in the Army. Now don't get me wrong not all of them are like that, it was just a select few. Some of them were quite blatant about it when you were in uniform or in your civilian clothes and others you heard about from other people. Since you had to go through chain of command and if there was higher rank involved it made it impossible to report, so you just let it roll of your shoulders, laugh, and go about your business wishing really runny diarrhea on all of them.

What was the saying...if her T&A look that good in BDU's it must be killer in civi's...lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.