March 6, 201313 yr comment_72404 Notice a lot of people both from here and other places have let their accounts go silver, or just simply stopped playing a lot of the games I normally do. Is there a boycott going on, did I miss something? Or is everyone just getting over gaming geez! Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72405 Went to a platform that doesn't require extra cash to play online. Wanted more freedom, mod support and whatever frame rate I wanted. PC games are almost always cheaper, and have better sales. *edit* Also, I can still use my controller in most PC games. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72409 I still have my 360, but apart from Halo and the new Fifa it has been reduced to mostly a Netflix machine. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72411 Mine has been taken over by my kids and used mostly for netflix, I might get the new GoW but not too much I am interested in right now. And online just gets to repetitive after awhile. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72418 I really stopped playing consoles a long time ago. Once and a while I'll log on but it's eh Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72419 I rarely use the 360 outside of espn and the occassional round of black ops, mostly game on ps3 lately. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72425 I still play a game or two from time to time. I gave Gears of War 3 and Halo 4 to play sometime. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72474 I let my account go silver about a month or so ago in anticipation of getting a new PC going. $60 a year doesn't sound that expensive but the features you get with Live are free everywhere else. The ability to use Netflix app, browse the web, etc.? Advertisements everywhere and no customization. I never really understood why they charge for Live at all except to get more of our money. In fact since they went to this advertising model on the dash they should make Live free. I still play my Xbox though. I have a few games but I don't need live. I would not really call it a boycott but rather I am just moving on. Now is a really good time to do so with next gen consoles coming soon. When I get my new PC going I am gonna set it up to fill the PC and console functions. They make some great game pads for PC and I can hook it up to my TV. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72481 Yup, went to PC too, now my 360 is little more than a DVD player. Maybe I'll pick up MGR Revengeance sometime but otherwise I can't see myself playing it much. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72485 ... $60 a year doesn't sound that expensive but the features you get with Live are free everywhere else. The ability to use Netflix app, browse the web, etc.? Advertisements everywhere and no customization. I never really understood why they charge for Live at all except to get more of our money. In fact since they went to this advertising model on the dash they should make Live free.Amen to that. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72491 a boycott is a great idea sadly not enough people would join for it to work, however on a serious note i've noticed most everyone has went to pc. i am one of those. i still have an xbox but if i can choose between games ill pick pc over xbox. i think microsoft and the gaming industry in general are full of shit these days. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72504 I havent actively played on my xbox for a long time now. PC was a lot more fun (surprisingly more than just WoW too) and just had more going on for it. Still occasionally play it though cause I dont want to rebuy games for pc that I already have on the 360.Hell I dont even know if Ill get the next generation of consoles Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72506 I've never gotten into PC gamingbecause I've never had a rig that could handle PC games, plus the constant upgrading, ect. All I have now is my school laptop and once I graduate and start working in May I don't know how much I'll be gaming, hasn't really been my thing for a while. It's kinda sad but I don't get the rush anymore that I used to when I'd log onto XBL, boot up Halo 2 and mess around with friends, or playing COD4 with Chris and others. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72509 I've never gotten into PC gamingbecause I've never had a rig that could handle PC games, plus the constant upgrading, ect. That's a common misconception though. You don't need to constantly upgrade. You can buy a system with a graphics card that makes your games look twice as good as consoles currently do and it can last you for years. The length of time that a top of the line or near top of the line graphics card/cpu can last you is at least that of a console generation, so buying another new GPU at that point (easy to replace) is still probably about the same cost as getting a new console. And the seemingly steep cost of buying a good system is hugely offset by the frequency of sales and the insane discounts possible. You rarely ever see a console game go for less than $20 until they're very old or unless they've sold very poorly. You see it all the time on PC, even on games less than a year or two old, and not just indie games. Worth the conversion for sure. Then again I still have my consoles for games that don't get PC releases like Metal Gear Rising. I probably won't get the new consoles until a couple years later if at all just to play a bunch of exclusives. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72511 I like my Xbox. I have a semi decent computer, but I don't want it to melt from the high performance demand of the games I'd want to play. By the way, I am sorry about all those I deleted off of XBL lately, but one night I raged and had one of those moments where I just wanted to delete friends off every social platform out there (FB, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) Report
March 8, 201313 yr comment_72561 I've never gotten into PC gamingbecause I've never had a rig that could handle PC games, plus the constant upgrading, ect. All I have now is my school laptop and once I graduate and start working in May I don't know how much I'll be gaming, hasn't really been my thing for a while. It's kinda sad but I don't get the rush anymore that I used to when I'd log onto XBL, boot up Halo 2 and mess around with friends, or playing COD4 with Chris and others. bought my computer 4 years ago and i'm still able to play new games coming out. Report
March 8, 201313 yr comment_72565 Went to a platform that doesn't require extra cash to play online. Wanted more freedom, mod support and whatever frame rate I wanted. PC games are almost always cheaper, and have better sales. *edit* Also, I can still use my controller in most PC games. I let my account go silver about a month or so ago in anticipation of getting a new PC going. $60 a year doesn't sound that expensive but the features you get with Live are free everywhere else. The ability to use Netflix app, browse the web, etc.? Advertisements everywhere and no customization. I never really understood why they charge for Live at all except to get more of our money. In fact since they went to this advertising model on the dash they should make Live free. this and this exactly. Report
March 9, 201313 yr Author comment_72625 Seems like everyone's growing up *sigh* lol It just sucks because the thing I liked about my 360, was that EVERYONE I knew played it. And now not many are, and buying a PC good enough to game would cost me a good bit I don't have right now. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.