Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Otherland - By Tad Williams

Featured Replies

So I recently finished the first book in this series and just purchased the second book in the series this past weekend.

Wow, what a great and awesome story so far. I'm totally hooked into the tale this author is spinning right now. It's part science fiction, part fantasy and part cyberpunk. It's hard to explain since there is so much going on, but here's the Wiki page to give you an idea of what it's about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland

VERY good reading! Highly recommended!

This really is a great series. Unfortunately my copies of the books were at my parents house after we moved and my mom got rid of them. :angry:

Guess I'll buy them again and re-read them. Need more books that aren't comics anyway. :lol:

  • 2 months later...

Cool i'll definately check them out as they're the type of books i like to read. I'm glad someone finally posted in here... i was starting to feel like I had hijacked the thread for personal use :blink:, and that was definitely not my intention. Another good series of books if you like that kinda thing are The Serrated edge and Bedlam Bards series, both by Mercedes Lackey.

I haven't read Mercedes Lackey in awhile. I've heard of the Bedlam Bards series, but not the Serrated edge. I haven't read either and I'll have to go find them :)

They're both great, in my opinion. Also, they're making williams otherworld series into an mmo.... thought ya'll might enjoy that.

I got Tam into the series and she loved it .. I however still haven't read a single thing he's written. I don't know where or what I was watching but it had a interview with him talking about the series. Tam's discription was .. "It's like the Matrix movie if the Matrix movies were actually good." .. I'll read them eventually.

  • Author

I got Tam into the series and she loved it .. I however still haven't read a single thing he's written. I don't know where or what I was watching but it had a interview with him talking about the series. Tam's discription was .. "It's like the Matrix movie if the Matrix movies were actually good." .. I'll read them eventually.

It is kind of like the Matrix, crossed with LotR, crossed with a smorgasborg of imaginary worlds like Alice in Wonderland/H.G. Well's War of the Worlds/Homer's Oddysey/Xanadu/etc/etc/etc. It's hard to explain, but it's entirely awesome.

I just started the third book this past weekend. :) You should check it out Kev!

oh I will eventually .. I'm a pretty slow reader. Tam only has them in hardbound and I prefer paperback. It'll take some time for me to get to them since I started reading Richard Adams "Maia".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.