Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Bother!

Featured Replies

Well, my xbox got the three red lights, for real now. Im out of warranty so I can't have it repaired for free.. but this might be good.

It had been freezing for a while now, and it has broken before. Now that it is out of warranty Im wondering if I may as well go get a new Elite rather than have this old one repaired again. I found a Elite for $400 (Australian), which I think is pretty good. It comes with a 120gb hdd, which is good because I've been deleting things off my 20gb for a while now. It also comes with a wireless controller (great since mine is broken and my wired one barely reaches) and a wired mic. At the moment my mic is being held together by masking tape and plastic I cut off a chinese food container. :P

Im wondering, do you guys think this is an alright deal, and for those of you that have Elites, are they any better than regular white ones?

Thanks :)

The added bonus of buying a new 360, is the 3 year warranty. Which is why I never bothered fixing my launch console. Just used the HDD from it and attached to an arcade unit.

Up to you, man. I have the 60GB and I'm no where near filling it up. The extra space is a blessing, though. I install all games I play the most.

i dont know the conversion rate from us to australian currency, but it doesnt sound like a bad deal. like pk said though it comes down to the warranty. its always nice to have that back up plan just in case your box goes south again. i guess it really comes down to, would you rahter replace your accessories for your xbox and get a used one, or would you rather get a new box with a warranty plan on it in case it breaks. you can always go out and buy a new headset and controller when you save up the extra bucks.

I got the Arcade and put my old hdd on it. It's a new chip model and runs quieter and cooler. So far I'm a happy camper. It also came with a wireless controller btw...@ $199 I couldn't say no.

Well, based on the exchange rate, you're getting totally ripped off on games (100 AUD right? should cost about 72 AUD if they were equivalent to US games), but that elite is a actually a good deal. They usually cost 400 USD, but at 400 AUD, that's like getting one for about 328 USD.

Also, if you're getting it in-store, be sure to check the lot number. It is a four digit number on the packaging that tells you how new the hardware in the console is. It should look like 0638, the first two numbers saying that it was manufactured in 2006, the second two saying that it was the 38th week of that year.

Sorry to hear about your RRoD, Title. Good luck getting a new one. :(

Thats up to you man, but a bigger hard drive would probably be nice. I like my 60GB one. :)

I don't know how people get by on 20 Gigs anymore. I love being able to install games to my 120GB. MUCH quieter, and no risk of scratching discs. I definitely say you should upgrade, Title. If you weren't overseas I'd ship you my 20GB-120GB transfer cable/disk too, if it doesn't come with one. I don't know, depends on how bad shipping costs are lol.

Sorry to hear bout the RROD, and if you have the money its not a bad deal. I myself when mine died picked up a arcade sys and just transfered my HDD.

  • Author

ohhh... I completely forgot about a new warranty. That'd be nice.

Yeah, games over here normally cost $120. That is pretty good then.

Im cheap so I can't be bothered going out to buy a headset or controller unless I really need to though, thats like $100 together.

Okay thanks guys. I'll look into it a bit more, and I'll be sure to check that lot number.

Thanks.

I have an Elite .. but not sure what generation. It's good .. a little loud when watching the Netflix Instant Que, but so far a decent solid machine. I got the RRoD on it once and sent it in and everything is fine and in working order. The controller eats the hell out of batteries and that rechargeable battery pack doesn't really do that great of a job. I picked up a USB extension cable and just keep it plugged in.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I just got the Elite. There was a sale because of the Slim coming out so I got it $200 off! It also came with ODST/Forza 3 and some soccer game. Good deal, says I. :)

  • Author

Yay that means more RDR time with Title! :D

Woo!

It'll be good to get back on with you all. I have exams all this week and then work experience in Sydney though. :(

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.