January 24, 201313 yr comment_69492 Celebrated our 20th anniversary yesterday! Had some yummy yummy crab at Red Lobster. I can't believe we've made it 20 years! Sometimes it seems longer, other times it feels like its flown by. I've wanted to pinch his head off and tell God he died a few times lol, but I love the man.Shane gets his 1st yearly bonus at work on the 30th. So we're going to the coast and staying at my favorite hotel http://www.seaventure.com/rooms/ on Feb 3rd and coming back on the 5th. I'm excited cuz we're gonna get a full ocean view room, w/ a private hot tub on the balcony. We always stay there on our anniversary when we can, but we have only stayed in the partial view rooms. This hotel is awesome, I love staying there and I can't wait! Report
January 25, 201313 yr comment_69501 Congrats you two. That's crazy awesome. It's also so rare these days. Good for you two for sticking it out Report
January 27, 201313 yr comment_69631 I'm a bit late, but congratulations Rose! Awesome that you have been together so long! Report
January 28, 201313 yr Author comment_69667 Thanks a bunch guys. It just takes dedication and alot of work! GAH! I am worried I am gonna have to reschedule our trip . Shane is supposed to get his bonus on the 30th, but we found out something we didn't know. They may have to do the evaluation first. I mean we knew they were gonna do the evaluation, but the checks for the bonuses are already cut. So we didn't think we had to wait. And they are behind, like not started behind! Its not a huge company, but it'll take time. I need that trip damnit! We wanna go to the coast. Sucks tho, cuz our fave restaurant is usually closed on super bowl sunday and I gotta have my clam chowder! lol, theirs is the bestest! I just hope I don't have to reschedule again! At least if we don't get the check we'll know how much it is (by year to date) to plan ahead! We have been told it'll be a few thousand, but don't know exactly how much. Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_69679 Id go with the fireplace...lol. but it sucks if you have to wait. Report
January 30, 201313 yr Author comment_69748 lol irish. The fireplace is sweet, and very romantic. Especially with the package I bought, we get champagne (or wine) and chocolate covered strawberries, with rose petals scattered around the room. Although one year we went I had the bright idea to leave it on when we went to sleep and we woke up in a sweat box! So I don't advise it lol. Still no evaluation yet... I have to edit the reservations 48hrs before the stay. So I have until Friday at 4pm, but I don't want to push it that close. That and this is a gorgeous time of the year in Pismo Beach so I'm worried it will have to be pushed waaaay back. Also they will charge the first nights stay if I do it to late. I is sad... I don't wanna reschedule Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69756 Lol...yeah but nothing feels better than a good fireplace, woodstove for heat. I run one all winter (drink lots of water too)....i dont blame you for not wanting to change.esp since your heart is set on it. Any warm climate is beautiful this time of year..lol. Keep the chin up and positive thoughts... Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69758 I use a wood stove as well. Also keep a kettle of water on top of it at all times. MacGuyver humidifier I call it. lol Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69778 I use a wood stove as well. Also keep a kettle of water on top of it at all times. MacGuyver humidifier I call it. lol They are awsome and i dont have to hear the furnace run....lol. And yeah we have the water on top...a kettle and a huge pot. Still i watch it go to 30% humidity...lol Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69784 You can easily tell the difference when it's not on there. Dry nasal passages suck. Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69785 Congrats, I hope you get to go, for our 20th we are wanting to go to Hawaii, thats next year, this year I am planning something but havent worked out all the details yet. Report
January 31, 201313 yr Author comment_69820 I don't have to reschedule! Shane had been teasing his bosses son (sorta his boss too) cuz he knew we already rescheduled once. He told him if the evaluation wasn't done by Friday that he had to call me and tell me the bad news lol. So yesterday Ryan called Shane and said he just wanted to let him know that they'd get it done either Thursday or Friday, so don't worry about rescheduling. Shane teased him and said you just didn't wanna call my wife and tell her to reschedule. Ryan laughed. Lol. YAY!!! So, Sunday... coast here we come!!!! I'm ready to go now! We also plan on going to Hearst Castle. We've been a few times already, but you just can't see that place enough times. I definately recommend seeing it for yourself sometime in your life. I'm planning on taking tons of pictures of our trip. Edit: Oh and i figured out how much the bonus was according to the year to date on his check stub. Before taxes it was $3500. Can you believe after the taxes and everything we only end up with about $1960?! WTF?! Edited January 31, 201313 yr by Twiztid Rose Report
January 31, 201313 yr comment_69822 Glad to hear it worked out have FUN!!Edit: I looked at that place you are going it looks really cool. Report
January 31, 201313 yr Author comment_69824 Glad to hear it worked out have FUN!!Edit: I looked at that place you are going it looks really cool.Hearst Castle, or the resort? Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69833 So youll be by to pick me up...sat. congrats on goin...and deff have fun. God bless uncle sam and his cut....crooks Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69851 Hearst Castle, or the resort?The resort, for this year I am looking at Stinson beach up by San Fransico we have stopped there the last 2 times we have gone, then going to a 49ers game, Report
February 1, 201313 yr Author comment_69866 So youll be by to pick me up...sat. congrats on goin...and deff have fun. God bless uncle sam and his cut....crooksHaha, yeah. Be ready Sat lol. You'll um... probably have to entertain yourself a large part of the time being and anniversary trip and all *wink wink* lol. Hey, been meaning to ask you... hows the Gamefly gift certificate treating you? The resort, for this year I am looking at Stinson beach up by San Fransico we have stopped there the last 2 times we have gone, then going to a 49ers game,I'll take some pics of the room, those pics don't do it justice! I've been to San Fran a few times. Haven't checked out the beaches up there though. I don't think any beach will ever live up to the Pismo area to me though. Although Lincoln City up in Oregon is pretty cool, cuz you get the ocean and a casino lol. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69895 Trust me youll never know im there...it'll be just like my Daytona trip two weeks ago. Only reason i was back in my room at 3:30 was i got a police escort. Lol....oh what a weekend.... Hell i'll even get you an anv gift... Dinner will be on me.....and i havent even used the gamefly card yet....im engrosed in farcry3 & dont wana waste the cert while im into it Report
February 2, 201313 yr Author comment_69920 Lol, sounds like you are really trying to talk me into it for real. But sorry, NY is a wee bit out of the way heehee. Good idea with Gamefly. Lemme know how it goes when you do start it though, I'm curious. I was serious about doing future giveaways. Report
February 3, 201313 yr comment_69922 Curses foil'd again....but no...one vacation a winter is all my liver can handle...lol. But enjoy yourselves out there. Im enjoying ny and its 5`....and i will deff about the gamefly. Report
February 7, 201313 yr Author comment_71125 I'm back!! We had an awesome time! The weather was beautiful, and so much better than the yucky valley. Sadly we didn't make it to Hearst Castle. Well technically, we sorta did, but just as far as the visitors center. We got there too late for the afternoon tours, and I didn't realize the evening tours weren't year around. The evening tour is the only one we haven't been on yet, and I really wanna see it all lit up. So I was pretty bummed about that. But it was a pretty long ride up the coast to get to it, and luckily sum 5 miles more North the Elephant Seals were beached up there. So we went up and saw them instead, and that was pretty cool. We wouldn't have been able to see them if we had went to Hearst Castle. We saw a huge ugly ass elephant seal trying to rape another one! She was screaming her head off! Come to find out she was calling her mate or leader or something. This even bigger one came storming over and that other scum hightailed it out of there like his ass was on fire! It was hilarious! I took some pics of some of them. I had actually taken a video, but I don't know what happened to it. When I was reviewing my pics of the day it wasn't there! But it showed that there were hundreds of them on this beach! I did get one little clip that I have but it wasn't the one, but it does show how damn loud they were. Our hotel room was gorgeous! (I took pics!) It had a perfect view of the ocean from our balcony. Everything was just perfect! I'll post the pics in the next few days. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.