June 2, 201016 yr comment_10180 I'm pumped, I get my first car today, 2004 Toyota Camry. I thought I was gunna get a 2001 (or someyear) Honda CRV in bad condition but I ended up getting this. Nice car, good condition and everything. Only problem, it has a weak sound system, and that for me is key. I have like 200 bucks I'm willing to spend on it, does anyone have any idea if that's a good price range/if a system will even fit in a Camry.Thanks Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_10185 I don't know much about car audio, but I always swear by speakers made by Polk Audio. *thumbs up* Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_10186 If you are looking for good quality and want to meet that kind of budget, you will either have to install the system yourself or get a really good deal (ex. free installation).What are you looking for exactly? 4 speakers and a stereo? Report
June 2, 201016 yr Author comment_10187 I'm looking for like decent quality aha, but I'm just wondering what my car might hold. I've seen them in like suvs and other bigger cars but i don't know how it'd work in a camry.I was thinking like speakers, subwoofer, and a stereo. I don't know the number though. Do you know typically how much an instalation would cost? Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_10189 When I had speakers put in my car, i got free installation though Circuit City... but they are no longer around. I believe that installation would cost somewhere between $80-$140 depending on who does it and if your car needs any extra parts. Many websites allow you to see if a product will even fit in your vehicle.I'm not saying that you should go with Best Buy for this, but I am using them as an example because there site works great as an example of what I am trying to say...Installation PricesCar Audio ProductsYou can use the Audio products link as an example to try and see what works for you. If you are going most basic (which I assume you probably are), then all you should need is a stereo and speakers. When you select any product, it can tell you if it will fit in your car. Try and experiment with a few combinations and see what you like. Also be sure to check out other places where you live that sell these items and see if you can find a better deal. Report
June 2, 201016 yr Author comment_10192 Thanks a buncha for the help man. I was thinking about goin with Best Buy because there isn't really any other near by places that sells stuff like this. Thanks, appreciate it. Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_10196 You need an amp if you're going to run a subwoofer. I've done quite a bit of car audio, and it ain't cheap. For what you want, it sounds like you need a deck with some decent power output for your main speakers (at the very least 4x50 watts), and a separate amp for a subwoofer. You can have the best speakers in the world, but it won't sound very good unless you have a decent amount of power going to them. For your budget, I'd recommend finding a good deck (that'll eat up 2 hundo right there), and put the sub on the back burner until you can afford an amp.I've spent thousands on car audio back in the day. If you're looking for something that's gonna bump and play nice and clear at loud volumes, you HAVE to have power. This means either one big amp for your whole system, or two separate amps. One for your sub(s), and one for your mains. Even good quality decks don't output enough clean power to really drive a system with a subwoofer.You can get some decent sound from a good deck, but you still need some power for a sub. Anything bigger than an eight inch sub is gonna want at least 100 watts. Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_10204 I thought about the amp... but I knew he wouldn't be able to afford it. Good idea to do what he can though. Report
June 3, 201016 yr comment_10211 I had a pretty badass car audio system when I was in my teens and like Pogre said .. "it ain't going to be cheap" .. tough to make suggestions on a $200 budget .. I think I spent around 3 times that much on the deck alone. Since you don't have a lot I suggest a decent deck .. if you are mainly using MP3's from an iPod or Zune the quality will not be too great so no need to spend the much on a deck .. also a pair of 6x9 speakers will be a good starting point. They'll give you a decent sound without a woofer or amp. Report
June 3, 201016 yr Author comment_10220 Yeah thanks guys, I was thinking about starting off then building up once I got enough money. I think I'll go with your idea pogre and buy a good deck. Then just build it later once I get a job. Report
June 3, 201016 yr comment_10229 Get a 12 inch kicker. kicker has always been my fav. get some1 to make u a box. Yes a camery can hold a system. any vehicle can. just remember nobody but you wants to hear the music your playing so be courteous if u do get it. i hate when kids bump there music as loud as they can right next to me lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.