Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mechwarrior: Online - Now active for all!

Featured Replies

http://www.mwomercs.com

mwowp013_1920_1080.jpg

Greetings fellow mech pilots! Just wanted to let everyone know that Mechwarrior: Online has finally entered its "Open Beta" stage.

Even though the game is still technically "beta", it's now available for everyone to download and play. There will be no more server resets, no loss of your mechs, money, credits or experience. This is it moving forward now.

The game is FREE TO PLAY, and it's awesome! I've been playing for a few months now so I'm excited to finally start working on my mechs and not have to worry about server resets.

Let me know if you're going to check it out. We can group up in game sometime if you were interested.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to post that it finally started..... for some reason when you click "patch" to install the game I guess, the launcher would take time to actually start.

Anyways, it started now and it's gona take some time.

Can't even get past the launcher... black screen.

Might have to reinstall everything from what I'm reading.......what a pain.

  • Author

Nope, everything is all together AFAIK.

The ONE thing I have a complaint about is complete lack of any sort of game/server chat in what I guess I'll call the prep menu stuff (basically what you're looking at and using any time you're not "in game".) There is a "Social" button that you can use to add/remove friends, form groups with them (up to 4 at the moment), and launch into games. Problem is you just cant talk to them. I imagine this will change eventually (considering how almost exactly similar the setup is to World of Tanks and they have chat).

So load up messenger or steam or some sort of voice chat before getting together. Will make it easier. Also I think you'd like the game. It's a LITTLE grindy at first, getting your first real mech and outfitting it how you want, but eventually you'll start making money.

Also I'd be more than happy to give people hints/tips. I've mostly been running my "Zombie" Missle Boat Atlas to make money at the moment. I'm zombie because I don't spend money on repairs in between fights and only repair my left torso where all my missle launchers are. I also don't buy ammo and take the free 75% refill every match. So yeah, I'm a cheapskate, but I'm making ridiculous amounts of money. It's also hilarious to watch people rage over the missles. There was a patch yesterday to add this Artemis Targeting System you can buy (hella expensive) which makes the missles cluster better/more accurate/better lock on, therefore more kills.

I bought it right away, and I just slowly lumber around burping out ridiculous amounts of heatseekers the whole match and have been averaging 4+ kills a match. In my opinion I think they should nerf it a bit, and I never say that!

  • Author

It does sound really fun. Is it entirely pvp? Not an issue but I have concerns with match making in multiplayer games that have ranks and levels. Especially when you can buy up.

Just like World of Tanks, it's all PvP. 8v8 matches. To be honest you start out with a selection of "trial mechs" that you can't really mess with but they're all definitely good. You don't earn XP to upgrade small things, but you do earn CBills to buy your own first mech (and I have a few suggestions on that depending on playstyles). People can spend money to buy the CBills and exchange XP from one mech to another, but the game is definitely skill based. I haven't seen a single mech that I couldn't reasonably go toe to toe with inside one of the trial mechs, but it's all rock-paper-scissors. You don't take a light class Jenner or Commando up against an assault Atlas, especially 1v1 lol.

Seeing as it's free it's not like there is a commitment to play, it's fun to play at your leisure. Thats why I always liked World of Tanks.

They are going to come out with clan wars eventually too (very similar to world of tanks in this aspect too, which so far was been willlldly successful), except it will be all faction based and revolving around canon battletech stuff which is cool.

I enjoy the game. Lots of fun and you can't beat free. The only thing the "founders" really get as bonus is premium time (50% more cbills and exp per match) and depending on their donation levels in closed beta have "founders mechs" which are normal mechs but they give you a bit of a Cbill boost when you use them. *shrugs* Nothing game changing.

  • Author

Awwwww. They hotfixed the missles yesterday lol.

I logged on to do some missleboating and they DEFINITELY don't do as much damage anymore. They've made missles more of a support weapon (as it should be). I knew it was coming but was hoping I'd have one more fun day of darkening the sky with a gratuitous amount of ordinance. :)

That's all good. I'm working on "PewPew", the loving name I gave to a new mech I just bought with NINE energy hardpoints. I think I'm just going to load him completely up with nothing but small lasers to chain fire, heat sinks and an oversized engine for speed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.