October 15, 201213 yr comment_64781 I have bought all the Halo games since the first one but am just feeling conflicted about this one. Halo 2 was my favorite and Halo 3 was pretty awesome as well even though I hate the flood lol. Halo 3 had the best multiplayer in my opinion. ODST was a letdown for me all around. Halo Reach was good and I like the addition of the class powers and such. For some reason I got bored of Reach pretty fast and did not dig the multiplayer as much either. Anniversary Edition? Fun for a minute until you realize how dated it felt. Maybe the series is just getting really stale? Either way when I look at vids and stuff for Halo 4 I am trying to get excited but I feel like it is going to be the same ole thing again. Report
October 15, 201213 yr comment_64782 I was averse to getting it at first because of the fact that it isn't the whole original Bungie staff making it, and still am a bit wary of it. I did end up preordering it when I traded in a bunch of games, so it didn't cost me anything. I loved the Halo series either way, and want to see where it goes after the cliffhanger ending of Halo 3. Report
October 15, 201213 yr Author comment_64784 All that said I have had it preordered for awhile too since like you I traded in a bunch of stuff and it was easy to just preorder games I was interested in whether I get them or not. I loved Halo as well and also want to see where the ending goes. A bit wary we shall see. If I do get it, it won't be day one. I might get it later on sometime after the dust settles. Report
October 15, 201213 yr comment_64785 I already have it pre-ordered and from what I've seen/heard so far, it seems nice.The campaign can't be as terrible as the one in Reach so that's kind of a +.Multiplayer, again, looks way better than the one in lolReach.I'll cut it short, H4 looks miles ahead of lolReach.Will it ever be as good as the original trilogy?Can't say for now. Report
October 15, 201213 yr Author comment_64786 Fair enough it does look better than Reach for sure. I just have not felt the magic since Halo 3.... Report
October 15, 201213 yr comment_64787 One of the things I hope for H4 is a strict trueskill system.When I enter the "competitve" playlists, I expect to match people around my own level, not MisterPeanutBoy1234 with 10 games under his belt on my team, and the pro on the other. That is plain BS. Report
October 16, 201213 yr comment_64802 Well, I already finished the fight. I don't really have any interest in a new story with Masterchief.Also, I always hated the way Halo's online matchmaking worked, and after putting so much time into PC games I can't going to back to that, especially since I would have to get Gold again too.With that said it doesn't look bad, I'm just kinda done with it. Report
October 16, 201213 yr comment_64805 I'm just kinda done with it.That's where I am with Halo. Consoles, too. Report
October 16, 201213 yr Author comment_64809 That's where I am with Halo. Consoles, too.Yeah thats kinda of how I am feeling about Halo too. If I get just utterly bored I may grab this down the road sometime for cheaper. Definitely not a day one for me.Too bad about consoles for you! I understand though. Guess am going to have to get that PC to play with you all sometimes! I feel like the last man standing that still has gold around here! Report
October 16, 201213 yr comment_64810 Zero incentives for me to stay on console. I like maxed out graphics, mods, no ads, no monthly fees and actual good sales on games.And yes. Yes you do! =p Report
October 16, 201213 yr Author comment_64812 Zero incentives for me to stay on console. I like maxed out graphics, mods, no ads, no monthly fees and actual good sales on games.And yes. Yes you do! =pWhen you put it like that it makes total sense! It just pains me to buy a windows system haha but it is the only way. I do miss PC gaming.... Report
October 16, 201213 yr comment_64818 All that said I have had it preordered for awhile too since like you I traded in a bunch of stuff and it was easy to just preorder games I was interested in whether I get them or not. I loved Halo as well and also want to see where the ending goes. A bit wary we shall see. If I do get it, it won't be day one. I might get it later on sometime after the dust settles.Rereading this quote, and one you said later on, I'm a little confused. Do you have the game preordered or not? Or did you have it preordered at one point then cancel it? Report
October 17, 201213 yr comment_64853 Somewhat excited about it. More excited about black ops zombies. Report
October 17, 201213 yr Author comment_64867 I was averse to getting it at first because of the fact that it isn't the whole original Bungie staff making it, and still am a bit wary of it. I did end up preordering it when I traded in a bunch of games, so it didn't cost me anything. I loved the Halo series either way, and want to see where it goes after the cliffhanger ending of Halo 3.I thought that it might cause some confusion. Yes I have it pre-ordered but I did a bunch of pre-orders awhile back when I did a trade-in on some games. I generally pre-order a bunch I am interested in at once even if I don't end up getting it. Generally, my brother-in-law will get similar games so we can play. Since then I have seen news about the game but have lost some interest. It's only $5 and I can always use the credit towards something else later if I don't pick them up. Report
October 17, 201213 yr Author comment_64868 Somewhat excited about it. More excited about black ops zombies.Honestly, Black Ops looks pretty good with what I am hearing. I was pretty much CODed out but that zombie overhaul looks interesting. Report
October 17, 201213 yr comment_64869 Yeah zombies will be all thats left thats appealing. Also I had no idea you could go back on your pre-order and use the credit for something else. I wonder if they do that in Canada...I don't even know. Report
October 17, 201213 yr Author comment_64871 Yeah I use Gamestop alot for pre-orders unless Amazon has a really good deal. With Gamstop if I don't pick up my stuff the $5 or whatever I put on that game stays on my account as store credit. Next time I come in I can use that money for something else that I want or shift it to another game for pre-order. Not sure if I can just get the cash back. Never tried since I am going to buy something eventually anyways so I just leave it there. I use them because it is only $5 so I can do like 3-4 games at once without breaking the bank lol. Love them or hate them Gamestop makes pre-ordering smooth. Best Buy and others make it painful.With amazon once you pre-order they charge you the whole retail price up front. You can cancel to get your money back or they just ship you the game on release day. Most games get guaranteed release day delivery. In fact I have pre-ordered games the night before release day and still gotten the game in my mailbox on release day pre-order bonus and all! Amazon has given me good bonuses too in the past like $10 credit for use on future games. Report
October 21, 201213 yr comment_64958 I'm really excited for Halo 4, I've always prefered halo online to COD but I'm really looking forward to single player aswel. I'm digging what 343 are trying to do. I predict this will be the best halo game since combat evolved. Report
October 29, 201213 yr comment_65196 I enjoy the stories in the Halo universe, and the gameplay for single player is usually great. So I'll be giving this one a go as well. Report
November 6, 201213 yr comment_65482 I love the halo games the only thing putting me off buying this is that you need like 5GB free to use the multiplayer and spartan ops, for me this means I need to buy a new hard drive so its gonna cost like £110 to play Halo 4. The reviews have been reallt strong so I'm sure its a worthy sucessor. Report
November 6, 201213 yr comment_65484 I have my order arriving sometime today... FUUUUUUUUGet here faster. Report
November 6, 201213 yr comment_65488 So my copy arrived few minutes ago..... It was fun knowing you all.. won't see the light of day for quite some time. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.