Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sometimes I REALLY hate Sony

Featured Replies

Today is a big day for the PS Vita. Well, it was supposed to be a big day here in the U.S. The 28th (today) is the rollout of a new firmware update that myself and many other Vita owners were looking forward to.

Finally the addition of PS1 Classics which are playable on the Vita. Hooray! I have a ton of games on the store from my old PSP that I want to download. Let's see what's available!!

North American Releases for August 28th

Arc the Lad

Cool Boarders 2

FINAL FANTASY VII

Hot Shots Golf 2

Jet Moto

Syphon Filter

Tomb Raider

Twisted Metal 2

Wild Arms

European Releases for August 28th

Cool Boarders

Cool Boarders 2

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped

CTR: Crash Team Racing

Destruction Derby

Everybody's Golf 2

G-Police

Jet Rider

Jet Rider 2

Jumping Flash

Kula World

Kurushi Final

MediEvil

Motor Toon Grand Prix 2

Rally Cross

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter 3

Twisted Metal

Wild Arms

WipEout

40 Wink

A Bug's Life

A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc bundle

Abe's Exoddus

Abe's Oddworld Oddysee

Airboat

All-Star Boxing

Arc Arena: Monster Tournament

Arc the Lad

Arc the Lad II

Arc the Lad III

Arcade Hits: Shienryu

Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special

Atari Anniversary Edition

Atlantis

Atlantis and Hercules Bundle

Bishi Bashi Special

Blockids

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Bugriders

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Centipede

Cho Aniki

Constructor

Critical Depth

Dezaemon Plus

Disney's Action Game ft. Hercules

Dodgeball

Driver

Eagle One: Harrier Attack

Fear Effect

Fear Effect: Retro Helix

Fighting Force

Fighting Force 2

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Front Mission 3

Gaiaseed

Galaxy Fight

Gex

Gex 3: Deep Under Cover

Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko

Grandia

Gubble

Guilty Gear

Gunship

Hardcore 4X4

International Track & Field

Jigsaw Madness

Judge Dredd

Junior League Soccer PS1

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Lilo & Stitch

Little Mermaid 2

Little Mermaid 2 and Winnie The Pooh bundle

Metal Gear Solid

Mickey's Wild Adventure

Miracle Quad Racer

Miracle Space Race

Missile Command

Monsters Inc

Motorhead

N20

Namco Heritage bundle

Pandemonium

Pandemonium 2

Parasite Eve 2

Peter Pan

Pong

Pooh's Party Game

Rageball

Rainbow Six

Rascal Racers

Rayman

Rayman 2: The Great Escape

Reel Fishing

Re-loaded

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Ridge Racer Type 4

Sheep

Silent Hill

Snowboard Racer

Sorcerer's Maze

Spin Jam

Sports Superbike

Streak

Street Fighter 2 Alpha

Super Star Dance Club

Tarzan

Tekken

Tekken 2

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Tomb Raider Chronicles

Tomb Raider 2

Tomb Raider 3

Toy Story 2

Toy Story Racer

Toy Story Racer and Toy Story 2: Woody and Buzz bundle

Vagrant Story

Alundra

Urban Chaos

Wow. What the **** Sony. Seriously? Giving us North American gamers only a measly NINE ******* games?

Calm down dude, they are old games that you've probably played before in the first place. Have never understood why people want this so bad in the first place. Here we go....Most of the games listed on the European and Japanese list can be found on the PS3 PSN store, downloaded there but not installed on the system. Then you can transfer them to the Vita through USB. Workaround? Sure it is, but it works. <Spawn walks away shaking his head at how worked up people get over nonsense>

  • Author

Calm down dude, they are old games that you've probably played before in the first place. Have never understood why people want this so bad in the first place. Here we go....Most of the games listed on the European and Japanese list can be found on the PS3 PSN store, downloaded there but not installed on the system. Then you can transfer them to the Vita through USB. Workaround? Sure it is, but it works. <Spawn walks away shaking his head at how worked up people get over nonsense>

I am calm, but it's hella frustrating.

Backwards compatibility is nice to have. There are a lot of games on the list that I like to revist and play again even though I've "probably played" them before.

Having to resort to a workaround, downloading the uninstalled game on my PS3, trying to transfer it over and then install it that way MAY work for some of them but it's not the point. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to access something that was advertised.

The only nonsense is who thought it was a good idea to "officially" release only nine for NA.

"REALLY" hating Sony and dropping "****" and "*******" in your post doesn't seem too calm to me. Seems like sand in the ******...but I digress.

Backwards compatibility is a nice to have, but....You know what man. This is a losing battle. I'll put it in very simple terms and then I'm going to walk away again, because it seems all that happens is complaints about things we all have full control over. By full control I mean this: If you don't like what they are doing and "HATE" Sony so much, don't buy their stuff. Easy, peasy...Livin' greasy.

  • Author

I think I'm allowed a rant every now and then. I don't like it, I think (and MANY people think) it's asinine. It's a complaint that I and other Vita owners in NA don't have "full control" over. Releasing 9 games for NA users, and 10-20 times that for other regions is stupid. I don't see how you could argue otherwise, regardless of if I can Macguyver the games onto it by using a completely seperate device from the one I want to use to begin with.

If you don't like the rant then walk away from it and don't post in my threads. It's pretty simple. Have a good day dude.

  • Author

Doesn't matter so much to me, I couldnt afford that many games anyway.

True. I have a bunch of them (probably like 25+ of them on the Euro list) that I had bought from back when I owned a PSP. Would be nice to get some classics I love on my Vita to play again. :)

  • Author

What's the reason for the lack of games anyway?

There has been none so far from anything I've seen or read from various outlets. Quite a lot of people are puzzled by it, myself included. It'd be one thing if we even got HALF of what Europe got, but the difference between 9 and 126 is just really large and unexplainable. I'd be highly interested in reading any official response or reasoning if someone could find it.

It's strange, that's why I hate Sony sometimes. Their business decisions puzzle me. Also with the new firmware update they've locked the memory cards (proprietary) to one device. This doesnt' effect me, but say a parent had bought one 32G mem card for their two kids who each have a device to share. Not able to do it anymore. You'd have to reformat the card now to use it in another device.

Everything is just odd. I think Sony dropped the ball on the Vita launch to be honest, and none of this is helping it any more.

  • Author

It is strange for them to do it without a word. The only thing that would make sense to me is licensing, but even so you'd think they would give a time frame or something.

I thought it may be licensing too, but then I start to think about it and look at the numbers across the board. There is no way that licensing can explain why NA only got 8% of the games released for Europe and less than 5% of what was released in Japan.

I'll do some more digging, but stuff like this just is strange and counterproductive for the consumer AND the company.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/27/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-80-take-the-tour-2/

I've disliked Sony for a while but I've increased my loathing after they fired Dan Harmon from Community, a show he created. WHERE'S MY ******** PITCHFORK?!

  • Author

I've disliked Sony for a while but I've increased my loathing after they fired Dan Harmon from Community, a show he created. WHERE'S MY ******** PITCHFORK?!

They do make a lot of silly decisions it seems like.

At least today they announced an expanded list of available games. I'm surprised it only took a few days, but hopefully soon they throw in the rest of the Final Fantasy games and maybe even Castlevania: SOTN.

Available on 8/30 (now!) on the PS Vita Store

Alundra

Arc the Lad II

Championship Bass

Extreme Pinball

Grandia

Hi Octane: The Track Fights Back

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Magic Carpet

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor Underground

Nuclear Strike

Oddworld Abe's Exxodus

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee

Populous-The Beginning

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

Rayman 1

Rayman2

SimCity 2000

Soviet Strike

Tekken

Tekken 2

Theme Hospital

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Tomba!

Vanguard Bandits

Wing Commander IV

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.