Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sky's New TV

Featured Replies

Awesome. Pretty much the same series as mine. The first thing you'll want to do is turn on Game Mode under Menu -> Settings to eliminate the video lag.

I'm still figuring out the whole 3D mode on mine. There's this one mode that works together with some NVidia 3DTV Play thing I got that won't allow Game Mode and is really irking me. I haven't been able to get that 3D software working, but it supposedly let's you play a lot more games in 3D that don't officially support it.

Side by side seems to be the easiest way to go for 3D. Nice TV, Sky. :)

EDIT: Okay an update. The NVidia 3DTV Play does work, I'm checking out Trine in 3D now and it looks good. I just couldn't get it to work in Skyrim for some reason even though I heard people used it on it. Still some input lag that isn't there in SBS style 3D (That let's you enable Game Mode), but you might be able to lower the input lag by turning off some features. I dislike most of the postprocessing features it has anyways, so no loss. Things like auto-contrast adjusting and smooth motion. Those are under Menu -> Picture -> More -> Advanced Picture.

I'm wondering if there's a program to manually cause input lag (audio and keyboard/mouse, or at least just kb/m) to counteract the lag. At the very least it may be possible to delay all key presses with a lengthy AutoHotkey script. Not sure if that could do mouse movement though.

EDIT 2: Installing the newest NVidia beta drivers and choosing the clean install option got the 3DTV Play thing working right. Skyrim looks really neat in 3D. If only it weren't for the damned input lag. Sky, you'll probably see a little less due to it being a few inches smaller. (That's what she said, but seriously, I hear the bigger the TV, the more the lag.)

Sky, judging from that 1990s boom box it may be time to invest some of that money towards a new sound system. ;). Seriously though, tv looks great.

Kevin, you should disable every feature on the tv an then make sure you have true 120hz out from the PC and see if you get input lag. If not the. It's likely the tv adding the 3D effect causing issue.

Sky, judging from that 1990s boom box it may be time to invest some of that money towards a new sound system. ;). Seriously though, tv looks great.

Kevin, you should disable every feature on the tv an then make sure you have true 120hz out from the PC and see if you get input lag. If not the. It's likely the tv adding the 3D effect causing issue.

I've already tried with and without the features (most are off now anyways) and they don't do much. How would I go about checking for the computer's 120hz? It only goes up to 1080p 60hz (3D only accepts 1080p at 24 (eww) or 720 at 60), but I can create a custom 1080 120hz resolution. The mouse seemed smoother and faster but the screen lost some sharpness, so I prefer sticking with native 1080 60 (games will change the res again anyways). If anything I've just been disabling VSync now that a game has to run over 120FPS to have screen tearing.

I tried playing CoD World at War zombies and still seem to be able to shoot somewhat well, the lag is like .25 seconds or something. Can adjust to it, but wish I could get rid of it. Might just have to play some FPSs and racing games (the kind of games that need faster reflexes) in 2D. The Witcher and Risen 2 looked amazing in 3D though and the lag doesn't matter as much in them.

Sorry for taking over your thread Sky, I can move it back to mine if you want lol. I figure all of this applies to your TV as well though, being the same series.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.