June 7, 201214 yr comment_59284 So my OG 360 is dying. It's old, and I have to fight with the damn thing to read discs. It boots up and all, but the disc drive is a piece of **** and it's out of warranty.Well I have a gift code for Newegg for $50 and was thinking what the heck, I could just buy a new one and be done with it.I was looking at possibly getting one of the Kinect bundles. I have games like Ghost Recon and Mass Effect 3 which are Kinect enabled, and Gunstringer looks pretty fun, but for those of you who have Kinect do you ever really use it?I was thinking about getting Dance Central for the hell of it too. Any thoughts? Report
June 7, 201214 yr comment_59286 When I used to watch Netflix on my 360, I used my Kinect. Now that my new TV has the Netflix app, I don't bother with it.I think the Kinect is a pretty cool concept, but I pretty much only dig on the things hackers have done with it. Maybe if more games used the voice portion of the Kinect, it'd be better. Skyrim's use of it was kind of lame. Who knows the names of all the shouts, other than Fus Ro Dah? lol Report
June 7, 201214 yr Author comment_59287 True that PK. I just thought the whole "Gunsmith" thing to Ghost Recon looked cool. Plus I don't know many other games that take advantadge of it. I do imagine that MS is going to keep up with the Kinect stuff for awhile.Oh yeah, and Steel Batallion looks kind of sweet. Decisions, decisions. If I'm going to splurge I may go all out and just get that 320gb R2-D2 Xbox + Kinect. haha Report
June 7, 201214 yr comment_59288 had it for a while gave it to the kid next door for $40, you basicly need a dance hall to move around in. DC is fun but after that i found few games that worked well enough. The idea behind it is great but it still needs some spit and shine Report
June 8, 201214 yr comment_59289 I mostly use Kinect for movies and voice search.Xbox Pause and Xbox Play to lazy to use the remote.If i'm not mistaking there are 12 free games you can play in the Kinect Fun Labs App.http://marketplace.x...15-d80258480811All in all you can't go wrong with the Kinect Bundle especialy if you have kids. Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_59392 Congrats chris, thats the one I wouldve gotten as well. the future of kinnect is more promising than the current, but it is cool tech Report
June 11, 201214 yr Author comment_59393 Yeah, I want to play Steel Batallion when it finally comes out. For now I have Kinect Adventures, Dance Central (might pick up DC2), and it came with that stupid Star Wars Kinect game. Looks like I'll be dancing as Lando later tonight. haha Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_59398 We'll need to see some pics of that sexy new console/controller then. Report
June 11, 201214 yr Author comment_59402 Word, I'll snap some pics when I get home. Trust me though, I don't have a good "set-up". The console is resting on a chair lol Report
June 12, 201214 yr comment_59426 Steel Batallion is about the coolest thing I've seen coming for the Kinect, but I guess we'll have to see how it turns out. I still haven't bought one, but I only use my Xbox for gaming and rarely at that. Report
June 12, 201214 yr Author comment_59434 Phone is super acting up, but here is a quick picture. Ill post some more later. Report
June 12, 201214 yr Author comment_59442 So my phone is a piece of crap right now, I think something is wrong with the SD card. I can't wait to upgrade next month.Cool thing about the console though is it doesn't have the standard sounds. Pressing the power button or the eject tray button makes it do R2-D2 noises. It also says on the disc tray when you open it "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope" which is a cool little thingy I almost missed because it's so little. Report
June 13, 201214 yr comment_59478 I agree with dat...thats a damn fine chair. Seriously man i love the star wars 360..if i could sneak one in my house i would Report
June 14, 201214 yr comment_59509 I'm crazy jealous of that console. I've wanted it since they announced it. Report
June 19, 201214 yr Author comment_59608 Well my copy of Steel Battalion shipped out last night so I should have it tomorrow. Got it from Amazon for $37. I'll let you guys know what I think of it! Report
June 19, 201214 yr Author comment_59618 Eh, I don't care so much. I loved the original Steel Battalion game and always love mech games in general. Even when games suck, I can most of the time find something I tend to like about them (like the horribly broken Star Trek: Legacy. Even the manual was completely wrong lol). Plus I didn't pay full price for Steel Battalion. Report
June 19, 201214 yr Author comment_59619 Well, I just read Joystiq's review they gave the game..... a lowly TWO STARS. Admittedly though I'm even more excited to play the game. It sounds frustratingly AWESOME. Accidentally missing controls sometimes or maybe hitting the wrong button will only make the sense of panic more rewarding I think and true to life (seriously, if I'm inside 200 tons of walking deathmetal and getting shelled from all sides I'd probably panic and hit wrong buttons every now and then too lol) Report
June 20, 201214 yr comment_59625 I was big on the Kinect when it first came out, but not so much now. I like the technology and thoughts with it, but my Kinect has not gotten used since last July when I had a friend and her kids stay over for the weekend. For me it's kind of like the Wii now. I do hope that Microsoft continues with figuring out the exact usuage for the Kinect in the future. I just think it's all over the place now. Report
June 20, 201214 yr Author comment_59629 Steel Battalion just showed up today. Can't wait to be disgusted by it!!! hahahaha Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_59672 I'm intrigued to know what you think of it. The Kinect is a step forward, but I don't think mainstream games are ready yet. Need much finer control to do what we want in most games. Report
June 26, 201214 yr Author comment_59828 Well i like Steel Battalion so far. I'm stuck on a mission thats super hard, but the controls can definitely be a little on the wonky side. I'll be writing up something within the week I think. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.