May 17, 201016 yr comment_8932 Click here to see the video from IGN.Score is 9.7RDR also has a 95 score on Metacritic.Here are the Metacritic scores. 100 Boomtown As good as if not better than Grand Theft Auto IV and is as beautiful as a Hollywood epic. Read Full Review > 100 Gamer.nl Red Dead Redemption has a beautiful virtual world with an enormous amount of things to do, an exciting story and fantastic action. The game not only shows a world of the past, but also makes the player reflect the times we live in now. An exceptional achievement for a game. Read Full Review > 99 3DJuegos Red Dead Redemption is the game that finally does the western it’s well deserved justice. The missions are varied, the characters awesomely crafted, the story is great and everything comes together as the best Sandbox ever. Rockstar’s lastest is just a must-have. Read Full Review > 98 Game Informer The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [issue#206, p.86] 98 IGN UK This is so much more than a mere retooling of Rockstar's tried and tested open world formula – it's an artful take on a world long lost, an evocative paean to not only the Western genre but also to the beautiful expanse of the American landscape. Read Full Review > 95 Computer and Video Games It's a tremendously detailed and authentic realisation of the Wild West with great stories, characters and inner workings. Read Full Review > 95 Meristation Red Dead Redemption offers a script that Sergio Leone would have loved to film, and the epic of Sam Peckinhpah. A great sandbox, with a compelling story, that may not be a masterpiece, but it delivers. Have no doubts: ride your horse, play as John Marston and let yourself be swept away. Read Full Review > 91 SpazioGames Red Dead Redemption is the best you could expect from Rockstar: a deep and lasting experience crowded with interesting characters and appealing missions. Where the title falls short is when it comes to facing the GTA IV legacy: you won't find innovation, if not in the beautiful environment. Still, a title you don't want to miss if you love either western setting, Rockstar titles or free roaming with a deep background. Read Full Review > 90 Official Xbox Magazine UK Red Dead Redemption is a truly epic resuscitation of the Western theme in games. It's also easily the best gunslinging game we've ever played. Read Full Review > 90 Eurogamer Italy Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. This game is the perfect example of how a developer should work to create the best atmosphere and to represent a beautiful historical situation. The graphics, the gameplay elements and everything else is at top level. Buy Red Dead Redemption, now! Read Full Review > 90 games™ While Rockstar San Diego may find some difficulty in filling its open expanses with interesting and emergent play, it does imbue it with a stark beauty and compelling narrative that makes Redemption more than just an allusion to cinema, but a piece of work that can confidently stand next to it. Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_8942 After my initial "WTF, the first game wasn't very good....Why is everyone so up in arms about this?" I've decided to pick it up. Probably won't be my favorite game I own, due to the setting, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_9018 After my initial "WTF, the first game wasn't very good....Why is everyone so up in arms about this?" I've decided to pick it up. Probably won't be my favorite game I own, due to the setting, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.Horizontal Ellipsis Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_9023 After my initial "WTF, the first game wasn't very good....Why is everyone so up in arms about this?" I've decided to pick it up. Probably won't be my favorite game I own, due to the setting, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it....(actual vertical ellipsis for real)Well it's really only a sequel to the first game in name (spiritual successor?), and maybe a few references in the game. It's more a GTA style Rockstar game in a Western setting and can probably stand alone from Revolver completely. Red Dead Revolver wasn't entirely made by Rockstar anyways (they picked it up from Capcom), but I've personally never played it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.