May 10, 201214 yr comment_58062 This is srs business.I don't want to see this community cease to be nothing, and while I understand we all have busy lives etc etc, we need fresh blood. 90% of the people who come here don't get past the new users hello forums. etc blah blah whatever, this is about a grand idea I had while at work.This is an idea in process, so input is appreciated. I'd like to actually do this, and hopefully bring some life back to our community.Gamercide is going to host an UNO COMPETITION.Why uno? Because it's easy, and anyone can play. It's also a great social game, so we can get to know each other better. And it's a lot of fun. Some of you may remember our uno games in the past. They were a blast, and we laughed a lot and everyone hugged at the end.The idea I had is have those who don't want to compete for the prizes will host a party with 3 other players. (Not random, but we'll get back to that) It'll be a best of 2/3 or 3/5 depending on what we decide. The winner will continue to the next round, when we bring in two new players, this will go until we deplete the waiting pool. Here is a picture.If we have more than one person hosting the winners of each "pool" will be matched up for the ultimate show down.The final winner will win some prizes. XBOX Points, maybe an arcade game, whatever the hell I want it to be because it's my damn competition.But I'm looking at xbox arcade game, x amount of points, etc.The next 3 will probably get lesser prizes, smaller amount of points, a hug etc.ANDEVERYONE who played will get a chance to be entered into a drawing for a prize! Everyone kind of wins, even when they don't.So let's talk about some rules.In order to play you'll have to sign up. I'll keep a grand roster of who wants to play, and we'll set a date and time.If you don't show up, your name gets taken out of the random prize pool.It'll have to be 16+ due to the mature nature the conversations will likely become.Mics will be encouraged, you can't get to know people if you can't talk to them, and if anyone decides to expose themselves on cam they'll get booted and reported.The whole point is to try and put ourselves out there again, meet some new people and ultimately have fun.Anyhow, rip it up. Report
May 10, 201214 yr comment_58068 Entered!Even though I see that I'll lose in the third round. lol Report
May 10, 201214 yr Author comment_58069 You lose to the unexpected penguin with lazer eyes.I couldn't make you the winner,it'd be favoritism.,Also, note.I am 100% serious about doing this, and would like your guys' support. I'm about to and very willing to drop some money on prizes for people to enter this and play, also once I get a more serious official looking poster I'm going to promote it on some other gaming websites. Report
May 10, 201214 yr comment_58070 Totaly depends on date and time, but id love to do this... I remember the poker nights... Great fun Report
May 10, 201214 yr Author comment_58073 Probably a weekend in june so we can avoid college finals Report
May 10, 201214 yr comment_58080 I will join in and like everyone else it depends on the date but with enough notice I can be available, I will also donate a prize if needed. Report
May 10, 201214 yr comment_58089 depending on the date im in, last big uno thing we did was a blast Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58102 Very cool. Is this Uno for Xbox I'm guessing. If so I no longer have gold. :-( Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58135 Start spreading the word about this competition. Tell your friends list, tell your Twitter friends. Be sure to link them to this thread. Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58140 Im off sundays, sat after 5 pacific. Sky, remind me in june, I might have a spare gold lying around. Report
May 12, 201214 yr Author comment_58176 I'm thinking June 24th for the competition. It's a little over a month away, and I have it off (For sure, i requested it) I'm going to make an OFFICIAL post sometme today (Hopefully) Report
May 13, 201214 yr comment_58221 Im off sundays, sat after 5 pacific. Sky, remind me in june, I might have a spare gold lying around. I appreciate the offer, but I would likely never use it other than for the competition. I can buy a month to participate if necessary. Report
June 1, 201214 yr comment_59119 I may have to jump out of it. I forgot my gold was lapsing until just recently. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.