Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

FourZeroTwo leaves Infinity Ward - Gets terrible goodbye messages

Featured Replies

Honestly, my generation is the last generation where our parents kicked our ***** outside in the summer and would not let us back inside until it was dinner. I grew up without a computer until I was in 6th grade, never had cable until high school, never had a gaming system of any type until my xbox in 8th grade and no cell phone until I was a Senior high school. I know my situation may be drastic but kids today are so ******* spoiled. I hated my parents when I was younger for restricting I and my brother and sister and while I will not be anywhere near as strict with my kids its allowed me to appreciate the things I do have now.

Growing up I, my brother and sister were always jealous of my cousins Alison and Tim. While our parents wouldn't let us play video games or watch common shows everybody else was, our cousins were bought every gaming system, every barbie doll, literally anything their hearts desired. Their parents, my aunt and uncle are GREAT people, both with Masters degrees. Sadly, they spoiled their kids and both now are in their mid-twenties, college dropouts and unsuccessful. So, while I'm jealous of how they were spoiled as kids, I'm thankful of how my parents stressed education.

Internet has taken the guesswork out of socializing now. You can meet some dude take his picture and use some program to match his face to billions of photos, essentially getting all the information ever gathered about the guy. It's a world of know it alls now, the more you know about a person the more power you have over them, but only at a distance of course.

Sure the technology is there, Em, but do you know anyone who actually does that, or has access to? Only scenario I can think of is a control freak/paranoid police officer in a relationship, with access to the database, scanning in a picture.

That was kind of a paranoid rant. But still, people can find out information about a person they don't like if they look hard enough, but the big question is what would make that person want to waste so much time on someone not even worth their time? I'm not a control freak or a paranoid cop but I still have tendencies to think hackers are logging every keystroke I make, and it's entirely possible now.

Sorry for turning this thread into a futuristic Stephen King novel.

  • Author

He's a great guy, Avahra. Nicest guy in the industry you'll ever meet. Back when he was Community Manager, he did what other CM's would never do - he'd follow you back on social media. He almost always answered questions, too. Even if the person was rude in asking.

Also, I think this may could be a contributing factor into why he left

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342111/one-of-robert-bowlings-final-cod-interviews-hit-out-at-fing-subscriptions/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

He wanted older throwback maps to be released free. He was the Creative Strategist, too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.