Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mass Effect 3 DLC Will Be Sold Separately From Collector’s Edition

Featured Replies

Miranda%20Mass%20Effect%203.jpg?m=133000Bioware’s Michael Gamble announced that the Mass Effect 3 downloadable content “From Ashes” will be available as a separate download for gamers who choose not plunk down the change for the Mass Effect 3 Collector’s Edition.

The extra DLC that was leaked prematurely onto the Xbox Live Marketplace yesterday includes a Prothean squad member, side story, and new outfits for your squad, and a new weapon.  It will cost non-CE buyers an extra $10.00 or 800 MS points.  Gamble said that Bioware and EA wanted to make sure that everybody got the chance to play the DLC, because the collector’s edition has been sold out at most retailers.

via Bioware Forums



View the full article

As I said in another thread, thank's for the clear message to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition rather then buying it now.

  • 2 weeks later...

Metacritic reviewers need to review ME3 on its merit and not some arbitrary belief that EA is screwing them or that they don't care for the inclusion of a gay sex scene. I don't care for day one DLC anymore then the next guy, but to say ME3 is a bad game for it, is a lie.

ME3 Metacritic User Review Page

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3/user-reviews

I think it's a bit more than that. I won't say what, since the game just released yesterday.

There are some serious facepalm moments, though. I also think people are upset with the DLC.

If you go to the link Sega posted, look up Yasuchika's comment (rated 4). I think that person's comment sort of hits on all sides of the issue that many have.

I can somewhat agree with Yasuchika's points, certainly the one on the series being streamlined. No game will ever be as good as the first, but until I actually finsh the 3rd, I'll reserve judgement, something I feel none of the reviewer have honestly done.

The people leaving reviews on Amazon for pepper spray probably haven't used or bought any pepper spray, either. This is the internet age. Activism by poor reviews. They could (and should) voice their concerns with their wallets, but I think they want an immediate impact and that's what they've found to make them feel better about it.

I finished this DLC last night and have been using the character and weapon you get, and it definitely should have been in the game. You get a pretty decent amount of Prothean back story, and the weapon (a beam rifle) is ridiculously powerful, especially when combined with ammo types. At the very least this should have been free content for people who have the online pass.

Chakram launcher is so far the best weapon ive seen. Got it from amalur demo.

I did like it, but hated that it took the assault rifle slot and didn't let me use anything else there. You can find a pistol that does the same thing but pretty much better when you go to the mission on the Salarian homeworld.

I played around with Shep, Garrus, and 'the Prothean character I won't spoil too much here' all having the Prothean's beam rifle. We crossed the streams and tore sh*t up, it was ridiculous. I remember the Salarian mission in the demo being kind of tough, but playing it now with that weapon, it was pretty easy.

Also, Proth and Wrex were comedy gold last night. Salarian livers lol. And the dumb expressions of the Salarians glaring coldly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.