February 12, 201214 yr comment_53508 Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355454#.TzcRvtU8Z8F Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53514 Damn. RIP. I hadn't really been following where she was, but seems unexpected to me. Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53519 Don't really follow her genre of music, but sad to hear... Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53525 Another musician who hasn't been heard about for years, whose career is in the dump, and has become a slave to the system and possibly drugs. Only in this case Whitney's drug use was a public theme.*edit, just realized we're all slaves to the system. Good luck staying sober tonight. Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53528 I wonder why the police wouldn't let her daughter see her body where she was found dead?Sad indeed. Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53534 It was probably littered with paraphernalia. Or if it was a murder, even worse. It's probably for the best. Report
February 13, 201214 yr Author comment_53543 Apparently, her bathroom where she died, had prescription drugs laying all over. However, they found her with her head underwater... supposedly.10-15 years of alleged major illegal drug use and she didn't die. She probably ends up dying because of legal, prescribed drugs. Just like Michael Jackson, Elvis and so many others. The irony is thick. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53555 Apparently, her bathroom where she died, had prescription drugs laying all over. However, they found her with her head underwater... supposedly.10-15 years of alleged major illegal drug use and she didn't die. She probably ends up dying because of legal, prescribed drugs. Just like Michael Jackson, Elvis and so many others. The irony is thick.I agree. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53563 She had her heyday and faded due to drugs/alcohol... can't say I am surprised but it's still sad.. She dominated back in the 80s. And PK is probably right prescription drugs are more dangerous then illegal drugs.. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53571 You have to wonder how much they're paying these doctors off to prescribe them so much **** Report
February 13, 201214 yr Author comment_53574 100,000 Americans Die Each Year from Prescription Drugs, While Pharma Companies Get RichHow many people do you know who regularly use a prescription medication? If your social group is like most Americans', the answer is most. Sixty-five percent of the country takes a prescription drug these days. In 2005 alone, we spent $250 billion on them.http://www.alternet.org/health/147318/100,000_americans_die_each_year_from_prescription_drugs,_while_pharma_companies_get_rich/ Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53592 It's a major issue here in KY and probably a lot of places. I work with people who are on them, and have several in my family who are also always 'in pain' Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53597 65%? Dang... I'm on 3 different ones right now and I'm sometimes lucky if I just remember to take them. Makes you wonder if you really need them or if it more for the money. Report
February 14, 201214 yr Author comment_53599 I've lived with pain since I was a teen. There are so many alternatives to pain management, it's not even funny. Stretching correctly when i first wake up is crucial to me. If I skip it, I pay for it all day and into the next one.Of course, there are varying degrees of pain. In my honest opinion, I don't think there are many who would trade bodies with me for a day. I believe most would wish to trade right back. But that's not because I'm uber tough or they're wimps. I just don't focus on the pain, and I've also had it for so long, I come to expect it. It's as much a part of me as my nose is.I also think it's a shame that alternative healing is frowned on. Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53601 http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079Most people who aer in healthcare think it doesn't really exist. Report
February 25, 201214 yr comment_54182 http://www.mayoclini...myalgia/DS00079Most people who aer in healthcare think it doesn't really exist.I've dealt with multiple docs after my first surgery. Most of them did not believe in it. The doc I'm with now (which is actually the doc I was with when I had the first surgery) does believe in it, and thinks I've got it. And it is widespread unexplained pain. The bad thing with it, theres just nothing you can do for it. You just have to learn how to cope, and live with it.One the OP... I think these docs just give them whatever they ask for, because of who they are. Maybe they wanna be in their pocket, who knows. But who in their right mind would prescribe multiple prescriptions to a known addict?! Docs these days are killing off the good ones, when are they gonna wake up. I still haven't got over Heath Ledger, it was the same thing with him. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.