February 10, 201214 yr comment_53451 Yet another rumor has entered the rumor mill surrounding the hush hush next Xbox that Microsoft still has yet to announce other than it appearing on their employees resumes.Xbox World Magazine is claiming that sources are saying that the next console from Microsoft will feature a HD touchscreen controller with buttons and analog sticks and that the controller will supposedly function like a TV remote when you are watching television, be a browser for the internet, and will allow you to take the game with you to play when you are traveling or you know…taking care of business in the john.Again I must stress that this another rumor and without Microsoft confirming or denying anything, who knows if this or any of the other rumors are true. Maybe the next Xbox will be a unicorn that can shoot arrows and poop rainbows.via IGN Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53455 KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.. please tell this to M$, Sony, Nintendo.. all these fancy bells and whistles that are pointless only leave room for things to go wrong (see my phones touch screen that doesn't work for evidence). Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53456 Hm, if this is true, it just seems like this AND kincect is kinda....to much. I'm assuming there not gonna just abandon kinect at least. Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53463 Why is it not enough to just give us more power for games? Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53464 Why is it not enough to just give us more power for games?This exactly. Make the consoles more powerful so the graphics can catch up to (or close to) where PC is at, and can handle higher framerates and more antialiasing. Make fancier games, or at least run games as graphically advanced as what's out now without a hitch. Don't need all the fancy hand wavy stuff. Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53469 and will allow you to take the game with you to play when you are travelingFirst thing I thought of when I read this... Report
February 11, 201214 yr comment_53485 Oh boy Microsoft, I sure hope its just that, a rumor. Cause, I love the 360, but you're starting to lose me with this casual nonsense... Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53522 AWESOME! if the "Xbox Loop" can make A cappuccino and go to the bathroom for me...i'm sold. LOLthis sounds like total bullocks. someones just having fun spreading crap. Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53529 Does it play games for you as well?Ya know, the more I think about it, i'm really starting to wonder just how game focused will the next xbox be. There pushing the 360 so much as more than just games with all the movie and music stuff and, well, just the newest dashboard. I'm kinda expecting the next xbox to just have sligthly better hardware thats still miles behind a moderate/high end gaming PC, just enough so that the price is around the 400 or lower range. Though, i'm just kinda babbling about stuff I don't really know, just seems to be that way, especially since there isn't that many new games from MS coming out(they have that new alan wake XBLA game from remedy and Halo 4, and thats all I can think of from them). Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53532 And that is why I have been transitioning more and more away from the Xbox to the PC... Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_53533 And that is why I have been transitioning more and more away from the Xbox to the PC...I already have, I still have my 360 but really I just use it for DVDs and dark souls. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53542 Before I stopped using my 360 altogether, I was using it soley for Netflix. Now that my new TV has an Netflix app, I don't use it at all. Also, my TV's app blows away the 360 Netflix app. No contest. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53560 For serious if consoles keep moving towards casual gaming (micro transactions/party mini games/motion control/touch screen/ all that crap) a PC gamer I think I may be in the near future. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53584 It is amusing to me that not long ago people were talking about the death of PC gaming. Now all I hear is more and more converts. I believe that's what happens when a company tries too slowly to offer PC capabilities to their consoles. Instead of listening and doing it right they charge for things and make them more difficult. It's no wonder when given the choice to buy a neutered PC/gaming console or a do everything and game PC what the choice will be. Report
February 13, 201214 yr comment_53585 I also think the ease of use consoles offer, is being dwarfed by the PC just being cheaper all the way around. Gaming PC's used to be expensive. Now you can put one together for much lower. If Xbox owners tallied all of their LIVE subs together along with price differences from PC retail and sales purchases, they might see that they spent less on the new gaming PC, than they did with all the Xbox stuff. The ease of use gets thrown out the window, especially during these tough times. Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53598 If the next round of consoles cost much more, then having a gaming PC will make sense at you can build a fair computer for gaming for $600 now... Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53603 It is amusing to me that not long ago people were talking about the death of PC gaming. Now all I hear is more and more converts.I believe that's what happens when a company tries too slowly to offer PC capabilities to their consoles. Instead of listening and doing it right they charge for things and make them more difficult. It's no wonder when given the choice to buy a neutered PC/gaming console or a do everything and game PC what the choice will be.In my area it seems that the death of the PC is still ocurring rapidly. I personally love my console and use it way too much. Cant remember the last time i went to a friends to play games...on PC. Even my die hard PC friends are forking over the cash for consoles because...they want to play the games with their friends.Just what I see in my area, But then again us Michiganders are a different breed. Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53634 Hmmm, that sounds a lot like the Wii U controller. lol I was just thinking the same thing Report
February 14, 201214 yr comment_53649 The friend circle does have a lot to do with it Armi. I honestly think that's why MS drags their feet on so many features. There is no reason why GFWL isn't already an awesome cross platforming capable beast. Same can be said that there is no reason a game should be delayed coming out on the PC until months after a console release. Sometimes it seems glaringly apparent the major companies are giving the consoles the upper hand. Why would they want you playing on a PC at the click of a button? When they can force you to pay yearly subscriptions and bombard you with paid advertisements before you can play the same game on console. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.