February 6, 201214 yr comment_53210 Do not call the upcoming Playstation 3 and Vita Final Fantasy X a “remake”, because Square’s Shinji Hashimoto will be the first to remind you that it is a “remaster”.During the Taipei Game Show the media asked Hashimoto if the popular love story of Tidus and Yuna was going to be a remake or remaster and Hashimoto quickly responded with “remaster” citing the HD overhaul and according to Joystiq, Hashimoto is claiming the HD “remaster” is prettier than the original that released in 2001 with cutscene graphics that would rival many games to this day.No release date has been given yet for the FFX remaster however as Andriasang points out, there was a mysterious Twitter message posted on Square Enix’s Twitter that talks about “X” being next. Could this mean that a release date will be announced soon?via Joystiq Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
February 6, 201214 yr comment_53214 FFX was the first Final Fantasy game that I ever played and I am super excited for it to re-release. It'll probably be the only game I play on the PS3. Report
February 6, 201214 yr comment_53216 I think VII (VIII may be as well) is in the playstation store it used to be really hard to find I still have the discs, but you need to check that one out! VIII and IX are really good as well. I started with VII. Report
February 6, 201214 yr comment_53221 I know X gets a lot of hate, but it's one of my favorites in the FF series. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53236 I have played none of these games... hell, I don't even much about them, but seeing that they look like "fighting" genre style games kind of turns me off. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53241 I have played none of these games... hell, I don't even much about them, but seeing that they look like "fighting" genre style games kind of turns me off.I'd classify them more as adventure/RPG. Most of them have really good story and can go through long segments of just scenes happening without constantly fighting monsters (though that is a major part of it to advance the story). If you were to try one of them, 7, 8, or 9 are your best bet I'd say, the Playstation era Final Fantasies are top notch even though 7 is overrated as all hell.Or if you went retro, 4 and 6 are fantastic. You could even get them on an emulator. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53247 I'll have to be sure to add one of the games to my long gaming to do list if I can find it cheap. Any suggestion as for where to start?*Skylark95 waits for GG... Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53252 I'll have to be sure to add one of the games to my long gaming to do list if I can find it cheap. Any suggestion as for where to start?*Skylark95 waits for GG...As much as I think it's overhyped I'd say you should see why everyone loves 7 so much. I believe it's $10 on the PSN unless you find a PS1 emulator for your comp. Speaking of which, I could give you links if you wanted to try an older SNES title, or even send the files to you directly. I'd say 6 is best, my personal favorite. SNES or GBA version, GBA version has a slightly better translation but a little less bass in the music. Music being one of the best parts of the series imo.8 is more of a love story with that sort of Japanese witch theme going on, and 9 is hard to describe, it has a kind of cartoony style but is also pretty serious when it needs to be (sort of like Dragonball, which I think inspired it).As for the X remake, it's been a long time since I've played it so I wouldn't mind checking out the HD remake when it goes down in price. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53263 Never played a proper FF game either(closet really was playing the Kingdom Hearts games and that not so great FF7 shooter). I don't mind the turn based combat and long playtime to much, but the stories in the FF games just seem so, so cheesy and nonsensical. I kinda want to try this one one it comes out, but I think I would probably end up hating it and not finishing it. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53266 @Pan The story with FFX is amazing. It was the first FF that I played and Jason gave me this one to start and I'm glad that he did. Of course like a woman, I cried more times than I can remember during this game, but it's really good. I promise @Unspoken Jason spoke so much about VII that I feel like I played it. He had to explain everything to me before we watched Advent Children so that I would understand the characters. Poor Cloud just seemed like he was shat on throughout game. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53278 FFVII isn't really overrated. It stands out in a lot of peoples minds because it was the first 3D one and frankly a first Final Fantasy for a lot of gamers. I can see where you would say overrated in comparison to others, but it has its popularity for different reasons. Personally, I can't bring myself to play any of them anymore. Even the ones I downloaded on my phone to kill time at work just bore me. I always played them for the story, and now the game play just doesn't feel worth the payoff. Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53284 FFVII isn't really overrated.The truth! It does get a lot more love then the others because it was the first on PS1 way back in the day.. I loved VIII and IX as well. I remember I had 4 teeth extracted in preparation for braces and my mom bought me FFIX and I was doped up on hydrocodone and played IX for like 8 hours straight. Was epic. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.