February 6, 201214 yr comment_53209 I am writing this to you to enlighten you on my recent experience with your company. I know you receive letters like this every day and will shrug this one off as well, but humor me and hear me out anyhow. I recently moved to the new Orleans area after getting accepted at a local university. I was told that my only options for cable and internet would be through Cox, and I was a little upset because your reputation precedes you. I have heard nothing good from people who have had to deal with your company, and well now I can understand why. I figured I would give your company the benefit of the doubt and called to have service set up.A man named David would be my first encounter, and after setting up a date that kept getting pushed back to get my service he finally was able to make it out and set me up. I told David that I wasn’t looking for anything fancy, I wanted the most basic packages you offered, I live on a ramen noodle diet, tv is a luxury for me, not a necessity, and I didn’t’ want to pay a lot for either service. After David had set me up he told me he gave me two very basic packages and I quote “Your bill will be under 100$, I set it up to be that way.” Other than the several reschedules my service was finally set up. He was right, my bill was under 100$. It lasted three months. David failed to mention that he set me up at a promotional price and after three months my bill would double. That’s right, in one pay period my bill doubled, and I had no idea why. I called your service reps to inquire to why my bill had doubled without my knowledge and they told me it was a promotional price, again, David had failed to mention this to me, and the service rep said there was nothing they could do. I told her when I set up the service I asked for the most basic cable and internet, she told me I had two premium packages. Not only did the man who set up my service lie to me about the price, he also gave me more than I had asked for.I have cancelled the cable, and I will cancel the internet when I can get another option. When I can get satellite tv that has double what you offered at half the price for a whole year, why would I bother keeping it? Another fun note I had while talking to a service rep was that you do not have my correct social security number on file, and the only way to fix it was to visit their office. I work full time along with school, I don’t have time to go correct your mistakes. I understand your service reps work off commission, but lying to a customer to make a sale is a bad mistake. Had your employee been honest with me from the beginning I wouldn’t have had to cancel any of my services, but unfortunately he chose that route. I will make sure to share this experience with others so they may avoid it in the future. I also will be giving David a call, as I still have his number and explain to him the benefit of being honest with others. I hope his commission was worth it, because hell hath no fury… Report
February 6, 201214 yr comment_53215 Hell hath no fury, like a woman's scorn for sega.. If I ever move to that area I will definitely be avoiding this company. Similar thing happened to me a while back.. I wanted to downgrade (due to changing careers) and they guy would not let me downgrade and was like you could get a better service for less money.. for 6 months. I argued with him for 30 mins until finally I was like fine I will take your upgrade but when the 6 months is up I am downgrading. Back to your story I would probably punch "David" in the throat.. Report
February 6, 201214 yr Author comment_53218 Oh his name is really David ( I took out his last name for this post) I still have his business card. Report
February 6, 201214 yr comment_53224 Let 'em have it, Avahra!Update this thread with any new information. I'm sure they're about to dangle some free internet your way. lol Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53235 Is there a major cable company out there that doesn't suck? Report
February 7, 201214 yr Author comment_53238 The problem with Cox is they have some sort of a contract with my apartment complex so it's the ONLY internet provider I can get. Report
February 7, 201214 yr Author comment_53239 As far as cable goes, I can get better through a sattelite company, but the cable isn't a huge issue, i don't even use it, the bf does for "background noise" and sorry, not paying 70+ for "noise" Report
February 7, 201214 yr comment_53249 If basic cable wasn't part of my lease I wouldn't even get TV. Report
February 7, 201214 yr Author comment_53268 I don't need it, the bf lieks it for "background" noise so I had no problem getting rid of it. Report
February 24, 201214 yr Author comment_54121 So I got my cox bill today. 1.26. They credited me over 200$ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.