Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Server Question

Featured Replies

This may be a dumb question.. but I need to reboot the server here at work tomorrow.. is it really that simple as logging in and restarting it? I may run some updates too.. but I just started this IT job and for some reason am the only IT guy here.. and haven't done much of this.. I looked online for some info but it seems like I just log in and reboot the beast....?

What OS version are you on? yea you can just log on and reboot it on 2003 and 2008 it will ask for a reason. If you havent installed updates for awhile you may not want to as there can be some large ones that take time, also if it is a production server and you havent tested the updates on another server it may cause issues with the apllications running. Also patches can cause it to take longer to reboot. I guess it depends on why you are rebooting if its to clear an issue I would just reboot.

  • Author

It's OSX 10.6.8 There doesn't seem to be many updates (just says ITUNES update in server admin directory).. I was hoping it would be that simple.. And yea there are just small issues going on with it, mainly with permissions..

Well I cant comment to much on that OS as I havent dealt with it, but just from experience, you dont usually want to throw in patches when the server is already having an issue and the patch hasnt been tested, I would just do the reboot.

Windows Server, OSX, or Linux/Unix, it is usually just as simple as logging onto the server and rebooting it just like you would with your computer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.