January 23, 201214 yr comment_52391 I see the Pats and Giant's are playing.. again.. The only reason I know this is because my room mate is a huge, and by huge I mean custom patriots jersey huge, fan. I personally don't follow much football but surprised to see no discussion on here! Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52392 I believe the actual Superbowl is the weekend after next. This weekend was just some semifinal games to decide who will play. I don't really follow football (or any sport) at all, either. Report
January 24, 201214 yr comment_52422 My Giants will beat them once again. I loathe the Patriots. Report
January 24, 201214 yr comment_52423 My Giants will beat them once again. I loathe the Patriots.I tend to disagree my friend, I look forward to this engagement. Report
January 24, 201214 yr comment_52435 I tend to disagree my friend, I look forward to this engagement.Manning and the Giants are to hot. NFC just has better teams. And for them to come this far says something. Not only did they have to play 3 games they had to play Green Bay and San Fran and beat them while Patriots snuck in and had to beat Baltimore and Denver lol. Report
January 24, 201214 yr Author comment_52465 I will probably go for the Giants just because my room mate is gonna go for the patriots and we can engage in some friendly competition. A little ATHF action for good measure. Report
January 25, 201214 yr comment_52558 We'll see my friend, I'm just hoping Gronk will be healthy by then. But I'll disagree with your statement that the Pats snuck, true they didn't face a team with a top 5 quarterback but then again, they beat a red hot denver team, and I'd say the best team in the AFC being the Ravens. Report
January 25, 201214 yr comment_52571 I'd pay a body part to get Gronk on my Raiders. Not even kidding. He's the most exciting TE since Tony Gonzalez. Truth be told, though, I've hated the Pats ever since the 2002 AFC divisional-playoff game. Tuck rule my butt. Report
January 25, 201214 yr comment_52581 I have a deep rooted hatred for Boston. Nothing about that city holds well with me. Report
January 25, 201214 yr comment_52614 We'll see my friend, I'm just hoping Gronk will be healthy by then. But I'll disagree with your statement that the Pats snuck, true they didn't face a team with a top 5 quarterback but then again, they beat a red hot denver team, and I'd say the best team in the AFC being the Ravens.By snuck I mean they only had to play two teams in the playoffs while giants had to play 3 so u cant really disagree with that because its what happened. Lol Report
January 26, 201214 yr comment_52657 Yeah but they played less teams becasue they earned the right to by having a better record, NY could have played less as well its the advantage you get from a better record. Also NY would have lost the SF game without the 2 muffed punts, and the Ravens would have beat the Pats if the reciever would have held on to the ball like in 99% of those situations. Any way both are lucky to be in the SB but I am pulling for the Pats this year. Report
January 26, 201214 yr comment_52681 i'm rooting for NE. My entire fire co. is full of giant fans and id love nothing more than to sit there and laugh at em. Report
January 28, 201214 yr comment_52855 My Giants will beat them once again. I loathe the Patriots.This. All day long. I can't stand the Patriots and I love the Giants as much as I love the Colts. Report
February 1, 201214 yr comment_53022 I found this quite funny.From Vice.com:New England PatriotsThey Are: AFC Champions; Playing in their fourth Super Bowl in the last decade; won back-to-back Super Bowls in 2003 and '04.They Are Basically: The football equivalent of a private equity firm, at least in terms of surly superiority, unremitting ruthlessness and the vague sense that they're getting away with taking a giant shit on our culture because of how excellent they are at taking that particular kind of shit. The sort of team you'd like if you also think Tucker Max would make a good President. A firehose that blasts you with scalding hot mayonnaise, and the firehose is being held by Bill Simmons and Mitt Romney.Their Best Players: Are all on offense. One of them, an impossible-to-cover galoot named Rob Gronkowski, may or may not play due to a high ankle sprain.Their Coach: Bill Belichick, who is probably one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and also a bilious, prickly dick of world-historic proportions—a grudge-farming organizational genius who, after being caught illegally videotaping the opposing bench early in 2007, basically turned himself into a human-sized perforated ulcer wearing a demolished, too-big gray sweatshirt.Note: Assistant coach Josh McDaniels, hilariously, dresses exactly like Belichick.Their Fans: Members of the Affleck family. People for whom "professional" is the highest possible praise. Jon Bon Jovi.Will They Win? That depends to a great degree on whether and how well Gronkowski is able to play, and on how effectively the Giants are able to bother—that is, tackle in painful ways—quarterback Tom Brady. If the Patriots are right, they are awfully good.New York GiantsThey Are: NFC Champions; The team that beat the New England Patriots, who had run up an 18-0 record to that point, in the 2007 Super Bowl.They Are Basically: The football version of a Police Academy movie, but with running back Brandon Jacobs, an outright sociopath, standing in for the guy who made the crazy noises. A septuagenarian uncle telling you a football-related story that features a discomfiting number of sort-of-racist details. A parking lot full of tailgaters, all of whom are eating from tin catering trays of braciole and none of whom will share their beers with you.Their Best Players: Mostly didn't start playing well until a month ago. Quarterback Eli Manning, who just had the best season of his career, still doesn't get much respect because he breathes exclusively through his mouth.Their Coach: Tom Coughlin, who is a seething/screeching maniac in the classic Jesuitical tradition. Because Coughlin is a crazy person—he famously fined players for being late to meetings if they arrived fewer than five minutes early—and because his teams routinely endure stretches in which they show up so unprepared and out-of-it that they might as well be wearing bathing suits and flip-flops on the field, the New York sports press runs stories about him "losing the team" and columns demanding that he be fired every year. He chews gum during every game; his favorite flavors of gum are "vinegar" and "unflavored."Note: Assistant coach Kevin Gilbride makes extra money by working as a Brian Dennehy impersonator at corporate events and children's birthday parties.Their Fans: Members of my family. A surprisingly large number of hip-hop artists. People for whom the New York Jets are too downmarket.Will They Win? See above in re: Gronkowski, but sure, I guess they could. The Giants offense never looks quite as unstoppable as the Patriots offense can, but New England's defense is sketchy, late-season surge aside. If Eli ever closed his mouth, this would be a much easier pick.http://www.vice.com/read/the-mercy-rule-meet-the-super-bowl-s-sociopaths Report
February 3, 201214 yr comment_53140 After "most interceptions", you can go ahead and stop watching. lol Report
February 4, 201214 yr Author comment_53166 Lol at PK. My room mate was talking about that video yesterday. Report
February 4, 201214 yr comment_53167 It's weird after watching Sportscenter for the past two weeks, even though Vegas has the Pats as the slightly higher favorite, I'd have to say most analysts are giving it to the Giants. Either way, I still think it's a toss up and too hard to tell.I can't wait for tomorrow. Report
February 5, 201214 yr comment_53192 Tom Brady watched an illegal stream of the Super Bowl last year... Hahahahahahttp://gizmodo.com/5882129/tom-brady-watched-last-years-super-bowl-with-an-illegal-stream Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.