January 5, 201214 yr comment_51440 Introducing our new game called:“Don’t Be A Di*k During Meals With Friends.”The first person to crack and look at their phone picks up the check.Our (initial) purpose of the game was to get everyone off the phones free from twitter/fb/texting and to encourage conversations.Rules:1) The game starts after everyone has ordered.2) Everybody places their phone on the table face down.3) The first person to flip over their phone loses the game.4) Loser of the game pays for the bill.5) If the bill comes before anyone has flipped over their phone everybody is declared a winner and pays for their own meal.Variations/house rules:-Starting the game after everyone is seated.-In the rare event that multiple people flip their phones simultaneously, the bill is split between said players.- Feel free to invoke penalties/strikes systems.Notes:- No touching or messing with anybody else’s phones.- You don’t have to stack the phones. This was done for picture taking purposes.- I realize I should perhaps think of a different name for this awesome game. Because I don’t mean to imply that everyone who checks their phone during meals is a di*k.- I recommend not being such a stickler or hardass on people about the rules and even initiation of the game. Basic premise is to just get people open to the idea of staying active and attentive to one another. But if someone has to take a call; they have to take a call =).- Have fun! It’s really more of a fun concept in this new age high tech life of ours. Conversation is the spice of life.http://yenzer.tumblr...new-game-called Report
January 5, 201214 yr comment_51453 That is an awesome idea! I freaking hate when people sit down and have dinner or drinks or whatever and then spend the whole damn time on their phone. Just sit at home in your underwear if you wanna do that. And posting on facebook you are out somewhere.. really.. I mean really people, who the heck cares! Unspoken is about the rampage!! GRRR Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_51470 I really like this idea.I usually keep my phone in the car when I go out to eat.But I get really upset if the person I'm with looks at theirs or watches tv. (I HATE Restraunts with tvs) Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_51502 You do, but you should still pretend like you're going to participate so you can get your free food. Report
January 6, 201214 yr comment_51505 I'm gonna play this game this weekend to see if my friends can do it, if not free food for me! Report
January 7, 201214 yr comment_51561 I played this tonight with my boyfriend, we both won. But it was nice because we both engaged in some real conversation Report
January 16, 201214 yr comment_52001 I've been leaving my phone in the car when my wife and I go out. Don't really have a lot of friends here to play the game with though. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.