December 30, 201114 yr comment_51150 Looks like they didn't like the heat they were getting, and put it back up. I successfully disabled auto-renewal. Good job, MS. Please leave it that way.Head on over to https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Account and see if yours is enabled. If it is, and you don't want it to be, disable it! Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51158 About goram time. This is still nonsense: "If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated.", but at least the option is there and easy to change now.I find it funny that you have to answer a survey type question of why you're disabling it before it lets you, too. Report
December 31, 201114 yr Author comment_51161 Be honest in it and say you didn't want to be auto-renewed. I did. Maybe they'll get the point if enough people fill it out that way. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51163 I chose the option that I wanted to have control over when I'm charged, which is close. Guess I could have filled somehing like what you said out if I chose the "other" option.Really I'd prefer to wait for a deal on a prepaid card, which are usually 33+% cheaper than autorenewing. Though I'm not sure I'm going to renew at all at the moment. Maybe only if I find a super cheap one year prepaid card. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51164 I don't even have gold so it looks like I'm in the clear. Report
December 31, 201114 yr Author comment_51165 So many aren't renewing. It just got too expensive, with too many ads, along with better, free alternatives. The bigwigs at Xbox better realize this soon. You can't charge people $55+ and then hit them with ads. It's BS. Steam has no problem serving up content without resorting to ads. They also have superior deals on games.As it gets more and more inexpensive to own a gaming PC, more people are going to drop LIVE. The graphics are better on PC, mod support, controller support for most games, etc. The list goes on and on. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51168 Yeah there isn't much of anything the Xbox can do in terms of games that my computer can't now, since the majority of games these days I can play on my TV with a controller if I wanted (though I usually go monitor with keyboard/mouse), it was an easy conversion to make once I got this beast computer, especially with games being so cheap.LIVE does need to be cheaper. PSN is still free for just playing online with friends, and the extent of their dashboard ads is a tiny scrolling bit of text on the top right of the screen. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51169 So many aren't renewing. It just got too expensive, with too many ads, along with better, free alternatives. The bigwigs at Xbox better realize this soon. You can't charge people $55+ and then hit them with ads. It's BS. Steam has no problem serving up content without resorting to ads. They also have superior deals on games.As it gets more and more inexpensive to own a gaming PC, more people are going to drop LIVE. The graphics are better on PC, mod support, controller support for most games, etc. The list goes on and on.My Reasoning Exactly... Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51186 That was one of my biggest pet peeves about them, I nvr liked the idea of them just taking my money and me not noticing, really glad they brought this back. Report
January 2, 201214 yr comment_51230 The most annoying part was back when they didn't have the auto-renewal feature online, and the only method of disabling that was to call them to let them know.I had to sit on the phone with their customer service only to be transferred 2-3 times with 15-20 minute conversations per representative.Nonetheless, I finally got them to take off auto-renewal after having to answer extensive questions from them as to why I want it to be off of auto-renew.Seriously? Report
January 2, 201214 yr comment_51255 I still have mine setup to auto renew, and I continue renewing it. I honestly have no idea why though. I still haven't started my xbox to update to the new dash yet. Report
January 5, 201214 yr comment_51433 I turned mine off when the xbox asked me the question. Funny enough though I log into PK's link in the original post and low and behold it was still turned on! Good thing I checked. My membership is expiring very soon and I am just not sure I want to renew or not right now. I have been on single player games these days and got bored of BF3.Secondly, not excited about the price as much. Getting more expensive all the time and they add in the advertisements! Would of been cool to be able to customize where things go in those wasted blocks for advertising. UFC was not working right. I have an apple tv box for netfilx, etc.The biggest thing though is I am not doing much online play or co-op for anything so might as well save some money.When a game like Borderlands 2 comes out I will likely renew then unless something really cool comes out before hand for online co-op that I enjoy. Report
January 5, 201214 yr Author comment_51435 I'm thinking about just getting all co-op games for PC. GTA V will be a different story, though. May just buy a one month sub of LIVE for that.My new HDTV has the Netflix app and many others, so I can just watch on there instead of my 360. I don't need to pay MS to access my paid media content. Screw all that. Report
January 5, 201214 yr comment_51437 I'm thinking about just getting all co-op games for PC. GTA V will be a different story, though. May just buy a one month sub of LIVE for that.My new HDTV has the Netflix app and many others, so I can just watch on there instead of my 360. I don't need to pay MS to access my paid media content. Screw all that.I never understood why you have to pay for Xbox live to use Netflix... it's stupid. Report
January 5, 201214 yr comment_51441 I'm thinking about just getting all co-op games for PC. GTA V will be a different story, though. May just buy a one month sub of LIVE for that.My new HDTV has the Netflix app and many others, so I can just watch on there instead of my 360. I don't need to pay MS to access my paid media content. Screw all that.Yeah I hear ya. I am looking into getting a new PC I think or setting my mac to have a separate partition with windows on it so I can boot into whatever I want. MS is pissing me off too lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.