November 16, 201114 yr comment_48255 Well with Skyrim and other games you all are probably not going to get this one right away. I however picked it up tonight! I just could not resist. I was reading some of the reviews and they were saying it was the most fun they have had in along time.Some of the complaints were funny though. Like the game not looking as good graphics wise as they thought it would or the city not feeling as alive as it could.I got to say everything in first impression of the game seems improved over SR2. To me SR2 had a muddy look to it at times and the color pallet seemed less saturated or something. SR3 seems much better to me. The colors are punched up and the graphics are better. Some of the shops I visited seemed more intricate looking like they spent more time on it. A casino I went into was not as detailed but still better than previous games.The city feels just as alive to me as SR2, possibly more. Need more time with the game but there are some cool outrageous weapons you get right from the get go. The cannon ball cat car is awesome Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48256 GG and I played some co-op tonight. We had a lot of fun. Getting a 5 star gang rating is fun when you realize all the things they're throwing at you. I was laughing my ass off when GG couldn't hurt the Decker rollerblade chicks that teleport. lol Report
November 16, 201114 yr Author comment_48257 Haha sounds like good times! I love the UAV Drone thing you get right away lol. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48260 i recommend switching your airplance flight controls over to advanced, hell of alot funner to play that way. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48266 I'll be checking out the game also. Gamefly sent it to me on Monday and I should have it in the mail today. Really enjoyed SR2 and this one looks like a blast too. Plus, any game that you can have the character sing along to Sublime's "What I Got" is AWESOME. LoL Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48272 Yea I think im going to put skyrim on hold for now, skyrim is going to take a whole lot more time to play. im going to play this till im ready to move back to skyrim. Skyrim is almost mind blowing how vast It is. Report
November 16, 201114 yr Author comment_48289 Sublime ftw! Yeah I will be playing this in-between Skyrim. Skyrim is vast for sure. Only level 10 in that game but just takin my time. SR3 for me is awesome and an improvment in the series. I will be content for quite awhile with these games! Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48314 I should have my copy of SR3 by Friday if anyone is interested in playing Friday night. I don't have a problem taking a break from Skyrim to check it out. Report
November 18, 201114 yr comment_48397 So I'm on 93% completion of SRTT. Sadly, a lot of my achievements didn't unlock while I was playing.I checked the forums on the Saints Row website, and a lot of other people are experiencing the same thing I am.It's weird.I found that restarting your console unlocked a lot of the non-story achievements, but the story-related ones still won't unlock. This sucks. I've put almost 25 hours into the game now. I really don't want to start over again just to unlock half of the achievements that I was supposed to get. Oh well.I guess I'll just have to put up with it again.Anyone up for playing this game with me through storyline co-op?Personally, I felt like this game didn't allow you to take on the gangs like the previous Saints Row games did.I was a little disappointed with this game in all honesty, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't fun playing it.It felt really short to me. Did anyone else get that impression? Report
November 18, 201114 yr comment_48419 I sort of feel the way pk felt with skyrim. It feels really dumbed down. The cutscenes are short andbit seems like the cut scenes stop abruptly, I swear I even missed a few, like shaundi says something about luchadores at gats funeral I didnt even know gat was buried I honestly dont even know why were in steelport. I dont know but it seems like thete arent many challenges. I alo dont like the upgrade system. I wish it was like sr2 where u do stuff to uprade. Gameplay is vastly improved. it also doesnt seem luke the city is as imersive. The college in sr2 had cheerleaders outside cheering and college students then bums and pimps in a bad.part. iuno I am a bit let down so far. Report
November 18, 201114 yr comment_48425 I agree with Green Grenades on a lot of these issues.Regarding the statement towards Gat's funeral, I felt that we were missing a cutscene as well.I never saw when Gat was buried.One minute, he was on the plane. You hear gunshots.The next minute has the protagonist flying out of the plane with Shaundi.I never once saw anything about Gat's body until Gangstas... In Space!That was it. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_48469 LOL . WTF. Love it. I love this song too though. Always reminds me of Johnny Five. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_48471 LOL . WTF. Love it. I love this song too though. Always reminds me of Johnny Five.Hell yea man. i was about to post that before reading yours. At the end of Short Circuit 2 when he is all tattooed up and chasing the boat. Always think of that when i hear it too!Los locos kick your ***. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE! Report
November 21, 201114 yr comment_48498 Disappointed with this one. I hate how you have to do the activites now just to advance the story at the beginning. Not sure if they thought we need a tutorial or not, but HELL no! and...zombies. WTF?! I'm also missing the number of stores like the cd shops, etc... I also miss being able to pick how my character wears certain items...like g strings for example. In SR2 you could choose to wear it high, low, etc...like the hats...backwards, to the side. But not in this one. Really really disapointed and I'm also missing Eliza Dushku's voice!I'm not having an issue with this when I play but Jason is and I wanted to see if you all are. His missions are glitching out hardcore. He will get to a checkpoint and then it's like the storyline within the mission freezes and it won't move forward. He's had to load up his saves numerous times and he's getting peeved. Report
November 21, 201114 yr comment_48504 I'm not too happy with how they did things, either. You can't pick up garbage cans, parking meters, etc to throw or swing at people. Seems like they took a lot of the small things that made SR2 so great. I also hate having to unlock stuff via updates and spending money on something I should have earned via activities. And while I'm at it, I hate that I can't continue onto the next level of an activity, until I find the new one on the map. In SR2, I could continue after the first level of the activity and go all the way to level 6, and unlock two things in the process.With that said, I do like some of the new things they implemented into this chapter. Hopefully SR4 will be a mixture of 2 and 3. Report
November 21, 201114 yr comment_48519 I completed the main story last night and here are some things I dont like. The main thing being exploratiin. There is no reason to explore, buildings are minmal in 2 you could go inside caves, islands, pirate ships, buildings, there were sea creatures to find, a roman arena, a cop station with a hidden mission, all the hideouts were different the strongholds are exactly the same and are boring. There are less vehicles, and there are less customizable options. The character customization is limited and you cant layer clothing. the island as whole is smaller. Now lets talk about characters, All of them are bumbling idiots. Especially the lead. In 2 he was a hard *** that took over and took out anyone in his path. He was mean and ruthless, and the cutscenes were amazing and wmotional. in 3 he is a moron. He says stupid stuff and for them to actually give.u a choice to spare and enemies life is not how he was in the second one. He would have killed anyone who opposed him. So irritating., Report
November 21, 201114 yr comment_48523 Gat even says they've turned into pussies in the beginning. He was so right. Report
November 21, 201114 yr Author comment_48526 Well damn what a shame. I hear a fair bit of dissapointment with this game in this post. My first impressions were good but i have been busy playing skyrim and have not had a chance to dive into this as much. I had no idea how much I would like skyrim and probably should of held off on getting this one for a bit. I can't give more thoughts on this game yet but I have been dissapointed with other sequels this year.... Report
November 22, 201114 yr comment_48530 Okay I'll put it this way it's better then the first one of course. And actually the gameplay is much approved, as well as the graphics. But to me that isn't what I look for in a game. I will say the missions were better then all the others they were more michael bay I would say. But with that said the boss battles weren't as good as the ones in 2. Report
November 22, 201114 yr comment_48532 Anyone ever notice how no one drives a convertible in the game? Before I pimped a ride of my own, I thought that maybe the option wasn't available anymore. It is, but they just never made any convertible NPC cars. lol Report
November 22, 201114 yr comment_48590 I hate to contradict Green Grenades (in a way, I'm agreeing), but the game was so easy that I couldn't even consider there being a single boss battle.I died more times trying to get to the mission after killing a gang operation than during the mission itself. I agree wholeheartedly about everything that was said:e.g.: 1. The inability to layer clothing2. No specific stores just for jewelry3. Lack of customization options4. Lack of tangible items throughout the environment5. Weightless cars6. Small island7. Lack of activities (stupid Escort, Trailblazing, and Heli-Attack).8. Lack of stores.9. Property served no purpose (besides hourly income). I thought that maybe you could own property and fix up each property to make the area nicer (investing into the neighborhood/community).And in doing so, I thought you could change the ending to be even better.I was severely disappointed in this game.The storyline only lasted about 5 hours.The best character was killed off right in the beginning of the game, and you don't even know what the characters are referring to when they mention that his funeral was attacked by rival gang members.I felt like I was missing a cutscene there completely.Honestly, this game felt rushed.I believe that they intended to include more things, but they were just too caught up in the graphics and mechanics of the game to remember storyline. Report
December 18, 201114 yr comment_50380 So I started this game yesterday. Streamed almost 8 hours worth on the Gamercide channel. There are a few nice improvements and it is pretty awesome so far, but there was one fairly long stretch of the story where you were forced to do side activities to advance, which I thought was kinda lame. But I seem to have gotten through that part and the missions are getting epic again. VTOLs and APCs all over the place, it's going to get crazy.And I'm not doing any side missions or taking all that long on the story missions, but I've been playing more than 5 hours. It can't be that short, unless I'm already right at the last parts of it (which it doesn't seem like, there's got to be at least a good couple more hours in it with the STAG just arriving and two gang leaders still at large) Report
December 20, 201114 yr comment_50470 Here's how my character turned out. Started out with the Steampunk outfit, but changed the look after I got the Cardinal outfit after a certain mission. Looks badass now and I made a matching car lol.Here's how he originally looked, also pretty cool. Report
December 20, 201114 yr comment_50494 I'll give it this, the game looks really good. I like the matching car. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.