November 14, 201114 yr comment_48138 Having a follower really helps in collecting the loot. I'll give them that. Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_48142 There's a lot of things that disappoint me. Overall the game is ok, but I'm having a hard time accepting this is an Elder Scrolls game.I agree. Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_48143 Googled to see if the enemies scale in this game and found Todd Howard saying this...“[skyrim]’s a lot more like Fallout 3, where as you level up you are going to see harder things, but the easier things stay around as well,” Howard told PC Gamer of the RPG’s enemy difficulty scaling.“You’ll still run into the weaker stuff and you’ll just decimate it.”On the subject of NPC conversations, Howard again pointed to Bethesda’s post-apocalyptic epic rather than the last outing in Tamriel.“There’s very few completely random conversations. We’ve gone more towards a system, like we did in Fallout 3, where they have a specific conversation with a specific person about various topics,” he explained. Report
November 14, 201114 yr comment_48145 My guide has a list of leveled enemies. Not very many that I've seen. However a lot if quests have leveled loot as does chests. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48150 I honestly hate to say that ive never played any of the other versions of this but within 10 min of playing this....i said to myself this is Fallout in D&D times. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48151 Lol at the video. I really can't wait to get my hands on the construction set. I'm gonna spend the next couple hours at work reading the guide.For all I've said about it I still have to admit its the first game in ages I can't wait to get back to every day. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48154 Funny video. Yeah I'm really enjoying it. It feels like even more of a new experience to me than just being a new ES game because I'm trying a play style I never have in an ES game before, going pretty much pure mage. Through all my gear and a perk I now have +245% magicka regeneration rate. I'm still a little disappointed at how much magicka I get though. The regeneration rate is about halved in combat for some reason that's not explained anywhere. I think it was that way in previous games. Still, my character is getting pretty powerful. I now have tier 3 destruction spells, good healing, and some armor spells. I just need to keep upping my regen rate and max magicka to get where I can have enough for most encounters. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48157 Spent the last little bit reading the guide and it has me excited again. I haven't read spoilers really just the sheer amount of content. This game is going to have me for a long time. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48167 Imagine if you weren't a feline mage, Kevin. They've typically been thief/stealthy character. If you ever make another mage character, consider a Breton or Altmer. They annoy me, too, but they are at the top of their class. lol Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48169 I guess I can understand what you guys are saying about dumbed down features. Some not bad in my opinion. I was curious to discover that there is no item endurance. I am used to dealing with that. I was heavy into other RPG games on my PC back in the day but these days I don't play on my PC that much because I sit at a computer all day and the last thing I want to do when I come home is to sit at another computer. But chilling on the couch works so 360 it is!That said on the 360 I am used to games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect and other limited RPG games. Want to talk about dumbed down haha? My point is there is nothing else like this game that I have played on the 360. I did not play the previous games like Oblivion much but this game has made me extremely happy. It has enough depth for me and the sheer size of the world and stuff to do has me losing sleep. Loving this game. As a friend of mine said, "Sunlight is overrated" haha. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48170 Breton rocks! I am always a Mage first and foremost in all these type of games then I make other characters later on. My Breton is coming along nicely. She is a bad *** conjurer! I love the Bound Weapons so cool! Can't wait to get my crafting skills up for all the professions to help me and my followers. The main thing I want to figure out right now though is how the heck am I supposed to know what armor my followers will wear?? My current follower seems like a paladin type but she won't put anything on but a Mage Robe that has 50% magicka regen. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48172 Imagine if you weren't a feline mage, Kevin. They've typically been thief/stealthy character. If you ever make another mage character, consider a Breton or Altmer. They annoy me, too, but they are at the top of their class. lolYou can be whatever you want with whatever class or race you want in a TES game if you don't level up mindlessly, I've learned (except this new one where you're limited by how many perks you can take :/ ). +50 Magicka isn't bad (though I already have a ton from enchanted items) but that's about it. The other ability on High Elves is 60 seconds of fast mana regen but only once a day, I hate the limitation of abilities like that. At least with the Khajiit my Night Eye can be used freely. Not worth having a character that looks like a ss for just those two things in my opinion lol.The racial starting bonuses to skills are meaningless too, imo. If you're going to use the skills anyways they'll level fast regardless, especially those first 5 or 10 would be bonus points. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48173 There's a number of power stones throughout the world that add magic perks. They replace the plus 20% skill gain ones, but there are some cool ones. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48177 There's a number of power stones throughout the world that add magic perks. They replace the plus 20% skill gain ones, but there are some cool ones.Yep, I'm going to go for the one that increases my magicka regeneration rate tonight (The Apprentice Stone).Fun fact: I've mentioned magicka regeneration in two thirds of my posts today. Skyrim much? lol Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48210 So. I'm sold. 25 hours in and sleep deprived. Feels great to be so into a game again. Report
November 15, 201114 yr comment_48216 I agree. My eyes are feeling it though so i need to pace myself. Eye strain headache no fun! This game will keep me content for a long long while. Report
November 17, 201114 yr Author comment_48344 so anyone got a good way to tag a dragon to get him to stop flying in the sky and fight you? i spend alot of time running under neath them trying ot get their attention and feel like there is a better way Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48345 If they're hurt enough and there's a clear, flat area, they should land for awhile. Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48348 There is also a shout you can eventually find. Forces them I land. Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48350 Thanks. I was wondering the same thing. The stupid dragon keeps circling like its going to attack but never does. Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48352 Check your map for a dragon lair. He might be circling it. If you go to it he will attack. Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48354 Yea they just randomly circle sometimes and never attack. I know ill run into one though so I dont worry boutem Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.