Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

the one thing im hating about skyrim

Featured Replies

while ive been playing this game and have been enjoying every second of it one thing that keeps occurring constantly has been bugging the crap out of me. despite wearing full heavy armor, everything literally two shots me. Was trying to kill a saber tooth and it kept killing me withing two hits. so out of curiosity i took my armor off and charged at it, and to not much surprise i died again in two hits. I know i have it on the hardest setting but there is literally no room for error at all, I can understand stuff hurting more because its on a higher difficulty but this is just ridiculous. If the armor would have made even the slightest of difference i dont think it would have upset me as much, but right now there is 52 lbs of useless gear sitting in my inventory that I can now just sell since its not providing me anything of worth

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't care much for the physical armor in Skyrim. I get much more protection from magical armor, and fortify spells. You should go over to the College of Winterhold, and poke around there for some magical armor spells. Really good protection.

The only thing that bugs me is the favorites quick menu doesn't always immediately cycle through the inventory, sometimes it will get stuck on one item. It really sucks when your trying to switch to restoration in the middle of a fight your about to lose and the game won't cooperate. I assume its an Xbox specific glitch...

I haven't had many issues at all...only I if I go into menu too quick it'll sit for a sec and then pick up....I've also noticed as my heavy armor lvl raises and I get perks for it it seems to help protect me more. I can actually live through a saber tooth or cave bear fight. All about lvling and upgrading

Are all of these small complaints really detrimental to the game, though? I'm sure some glitches and other issues will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

The glitches they'll work out, I'm sure. Stuff like a giant knocking you three hundred feet into the air, or teleporting NPC's and horses. I'm really not liking the alchemy stations and enchanting (all of it). I want to carry a mortar and pestle with me, so I can make my poisons on the fly. I don't want to collect everything, carry it with me until I can find a station and then make them. I also really dislike the dumbing down of the series. I know why they did it, but I don't have to like it. Morrowind was a GOTY, and it was brutally hard to follow. Sold well, too.

Don't know about Dat, but the dumbing down that I was talking about, was the accessibility for newcomers to the series. I get my ass kicked from time to time still. Especially when you're already fighting something tough, and the game throws in another enemy to make it even worse.

Yeah, but they've again narrowed things down into groups like Stamina, over Strength, etc. Why they took out things like acrobatics and inserted new crap like pickpocketing, is beyond me. It's so dumb. lol

Armor doesn't even really wear out anymore. No more hammers. Now you can make new stuff, but there's no penalty for letting your armor degrade.

But does the game make up for some of the "dumbing down" at least? Do you think it will be progressively harder as you continue? Maybe they took out making spells and potions on the go to make the game more difficult. It still looks like it maintained the major focal points of the gameplay and I'd rather play this than any other game on the market currently.

It's just been super stream lined. Less skills to choose from, no more classes, no item endurance, etc. I'm really enjoying the game and slowly getting use to all the differences, but it really is different in a lot of ways from the others. They changed smithing, enchanting, alchemy, skill sets, and the inventory system. And I know I've missed some. Not always bad when change comes, but the changes they made were largely the "dumbed down" me and PK are referring too. It doesn't make the game any less or more difficult. Just takes some of the depth and expandability away the others had.

I may miss some of the small things they left out, but I've had a great time with the 17 hours I've already put in. Who knows how many hours it will be by the time I'm finished. You really can't beat a game with such sheer amount of content. Doesn't stop me from wishing for some of the features from previous ES titles back.

If you liked any of the other ES games then this is a must play. Differences aside it's fantastic on it's own.

I never used smithing enchanting or alchemy in the previous games so maybe thats why i haven't noticed it, i don't even use it in this game, i just use what i find and sell what i don't use. PK did tell me to start breaking down my items to learn the enchantments so i started doing that instead of sell them all. I just hate how vendors never have enough gold i'd be a rich **** right now and i still am with al the stuff piled up in my house.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.