October 5, 201115 yr comment_46230 Ummm. Wow! Loving' it so far! Biggest thing for me is the combat just rocks! After the initial getting used to the controls, the inventory becomes second nature. The action is fluid and no lag at all. I took the time to install the game though, so you may want to do that. Wingsticks are a lifesaver make sure to carry a lot of them. Even though they are supposed to come back I find that they are lost in combat unless you are in a very open environment and sometimes not even then. YOU MUST GET THIS GAME. It is all familiar with questing and fetching stuff but one of the best I've played having to do that. I just wanted to post this so you'd know that the game is for real and not all hype. It's early in the campaign for me but if the rest is like this it's worth every penny. Will post more with out spoilers later. Sad to say I missed the easter egg though.. Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46231 I'll be playing just as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to it. Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46236 I agree game rocks. It came in today from Amazon. Loving it. Combat is awesome. The enemies are great. They dodge and move really well. For example got a headshot on a guy and the next one runs around the corner and just as I shoot ducks his head! If you shoot them in the leg they limp. Pretty good detail in how your weapons effect the body of the enemy. Good stuff. Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46255 I'm having an absolute blast with Rage. It reminds me a lot of Borderlands, especially when you get to the job board in Wellsprings. It's tons and tons of fun. I definitely recommend giving this game a shot.I haven't ran into very many glitches/bugs at all. Only a few minor texture pop ins, and one instance where I fired my shotgun and it wouldn't make a noise. But besides that, the performance is smooth. I'm loving the graphics. Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46265 Must get home to play.... why do i have to work....must get home to play... haha Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46271 Anyone else crash on purpose with the quad? lol It just never got old for me. I was in that first encampment, ramming the wall where you test your wingstick skills. Imagine it a huge basketball hoop! lolololI do wish there was a melee weapon besides those stupid gloves and the pushed in left stick melee. Both are terribly weak and have no range. The enemies on the other hand deal good damage with their sticks and have much more range. Report
October 5, 201115 yr comment_46295 Lol. I enjoyed crashing the quad. I don't mind the lack of melee really. So far ammo seems plentiful so it keeps you on your toes. Don't want them near me. Report
October 6, 201115 yr comment_46311 I was going to get this game but found out its only like 10 to 12 hours long, so I'll wait for a price drop. It does look fun though. Report
October 6, 201115 yr Author comment_46325 ******Possible Spoilers****** I don't think so but...I will say this: I hate being forced to race in tourneys. I know almost everyone loves the racing portions in games, I am one who loathes it. Why make people race? I understand there is travel by vehicle in this game but the learning curve for the controls is really easy. I don't want to race on tracks to advance the campaign in a shooter ever. I just don't care for it. anyone else feel this way or am I alone in this? I would guess people will say they like it. Report
October 6, 201115 yr comment_46337 ******Possible Spoilers****** I don't think so but...I will say this: I hate being forced to race in tourneys. I know almost everyone loves the racing portions in games, I am one who loathes it. Why make people race? I understand there is travel by vehicle in this game but the learning curve for the controls is really easy. I don't want to race on tracks to advance the campaign in a shooter ever. I just don't care for it. anyone else feel this way or am I alone in this? I would guess people will say they like it.If I'm not mistaken, there are only 2 required races. Remember seeing an interview and they mentioned that. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46367 I was going to get this game but found out its only like 10 to 12 hours long, so I'll wait for a price drop. It does look fun though.I think they said that was just for the main story missions but with side missions it adds alot more time. I heard 25 hours but not sure. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46368 I still don't know for sure about the races. I'm not very far in, but I've only been forced to do one. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46369 One big mistake I see so far is the ability not to be able to play the Co-op Wasteland missions until you unlock them via the campaign. Why even base these off the campaign at all? It's cool to get the extra story but sometimes I just want to romp through an area with friends for mindless fun doing whatever objectives come up. I hear there are only 8 of those missons as well. I was hoping for a more Borderlands approach but knew it would not have that. They need way more wasteland missions! This game and world just scream co-op.Road Rage is cool racing around twisted metal style but can get boring. The campaign is just awesome though and well worth the purchase in my opinion. I wish they would of done more with the co-op. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46387 Hey PK, Lets get some co-op this weekend on something? I missed the RDR last time and would totally do that or the one rage wasteland mission I have hahaYeah Rage needs rich co-op, GOTY if they do that haha. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46402 This friday I'll be doing Free Roam Friday on GTA with the rest. If you have it, you should come! On Saturday, though, I may be able to. Report
October 7, 201115 yr comment_46411 Aww don't have GTA. Let me know if round up a posse for RDR sometime. Report
October 8, 201115 yr comment_46476 First off I knew what I was getting into when I got this and I know Rage is mainly an adventure-shooter and not an RPG but man I really miss some of the RPG elements Borderlands included. Hard not to compare these two cause of the setting.Being able to put points into a talent tree really made me look forward to leveling up in that game to see my power grow. Not to mention all the unique guns, shield mods and grenades mods that drop. In Rage the ammo types are cool and killing enemies is very enjoyable as always but this game screams for co-op campaign and just a few more mild RPG elements to spice it up in my opinion. I am only 5 hours in and I am still enjoying the game but I'll just say it. I will enjoy Rage but I really want Borderlands 2 and I want it know! Report
October 8, 201115 yr comment_46478 Rage is not Borderlands. Apples to oranges, apples to oranges. Report
October 8, 201115 yr comment_46479 I LOVE THIS GAME! So far for me its been a cross between fallout and borderlands and it is amazing. The gameplay is so smooth and the weapons are easy to use. I'm super excited now that I have my poprocket ammo for my shotgun >. I've put about 9 hrs into this game so far and I'm maybe a quarter of the way through if even and still on disc one. Not a short game at all! And the racing isn't too bad for most part(and I hate racing) but its nice cause if you want upgrades for your car simply talk to Sally at second chance bar and keep blowing up bandit cars as you drive around and you can get your racing certificates from her. Yay! Report
October 9, 201115 yr comment_46491 Rage is not Borderlands. Apples to oranges, apples to oranges.I actually had something like that typed out in my post for clarification but decided to omit it. I realize it is not Borderlands and it was never meant to be. I will say after playing this for a bit it is the closet thing I have seen to Borderlands since which is a good thing for me. I am loving the campaign but they missed a HUGE opportunity with the co-op. Great game overall. I love games in this post-apocalyptic setting. Report
October 9, 201115 yr comment_46495 I actually had something like that typed out in my post for clarification but decided to omit it. I realize it is not Borderlands and it was never meant to be. I will say after playing this for a bit it is the closet thing I have seen to Borderlands since which is a good thing for me. I am loving the campaign but they missed a HUGE opportunity with the co-op. Great game overall. I love games in this post-apocalyptic setting. Im with you guys its def alot like borderlands, and that may be a good or bad thing. But deff a huge wiff with the CO-OP, this game coulda been huge. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.