Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Increase media per post

Featured Replies

What's the biggest reason we keep the image and media objects to a minimum? For not as fast internet people? I just really want to be able to make my "Mega Threads" worth-while. :)

Now this is the kind of enthusiasm we need around here.

I don't see why you couldn't post Youtube links or other external sites for media sharing. There was a rule about not posting images that link directly to the image's site, because it tracks what sites request them, but we don't get that much traffic around here so I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed.

I will think about tweaking the available media per post. It is fairly standard across forums to not allow an infinite amount, but we may look in to increasing it.

As for hot linking images, that rule will not change. Sorry. While it may seem like we don't get that much traffic, we really do. When the site first started we were ranked around 4 to 5 million in the world. Now we hover around 112 to 110K each and every day. Also, we are pushing to get more and more traffic. All that said, I have gotten requests from sites already to remove linked images. I'm sure you've seen my replacement image that I typically use. In all honesty, it's not hard to re-host images with Imageshack or somewhere like that. Hopefully you guys can understand that

Youtube links are able to be embedded in to posts. Heck we have an entire section that is almost exclusive to them. lol

  • Author

True and I can follow that rule but I would like to expand.

I can only embed. 2/3 videos per post, meaning I would have to use "reserve post" theres always a way around it but it's something that makes editing easier.

For myself, if we do end up bumping the images and media per post then I wouldn't have any problem uploading images to photobucket or imgshack or something.

If you use Firefox, you can use an extension that makes rehosting images super easy.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rehost-image/

You right click the image you want to rehost, and choose rehost. When it's done uploading (few seconds), the link is in your clipboard. You just need to paste it here.

  • Author

Take a look at the Battlefield 3 thread and then the Call of Duty mega thread and see why I'm doing what I'm doing. Look at MW3 thread first than BF3.

  • Author

I should note I'm not talking about "uploading" images I'm simply discussing putting more than a few images in a thread.

I should note I'm not talking about "uploading" images I'm simply discussing putting more than a few images in a thread.

Only thing I don't like about a bunch of images in a post is that I can't load the thread on my phone because it takes way too long.

Anyway, what is the limit now?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.