August 29, 201115 yr comment_43670 For all of the Gears heads out in there, be prepared to dig deep into those pockets if you want an 33% off of all game add ons for one of the most highly anticipated releases slated come out this September, Gears of War 3.Epic Games announced that you will be able to purchase a “season pass” for the bloody awesome shooter that will “guarantee a 33 percent discount on the game add-ons”. The newly announced “season pass” will cost you an extra $30.Fans of Gears better choose wisely, because the first round of DLC for Gears of War 3 will be releasing this November.via Joystiq Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43673 Epic, this really hurts my feelings that they would do this. The weapon skin is fugly and I'm not a fan of this. Wow.... Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43676 I will wait to see how the game is first, I really like GOW but am tired of all the DLC 2 weeks after launch. Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43677 Basically, $40 of DLC and Skins for $30. That's all you need to know. Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43680 if its out 2 weeks after launch, just add it to the game...I love the GOW series and its what got me to buy an Xbox. Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43698 as far as the season pass goes, $30 for the first 4 dlc, and 33% everything else... it's not a bad deal if you're like me and tend to get all the dlc maps and such. Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_43701 I'll be waiting for the inevitable GOTY version, if I ever get it. Don't see a reason to support devs at launch by buying their game at full price if their just gonna charge for "extras" a few weeks or a month or 2 right after.Remember when costumes where just little bonus things, and not something you had to pay 5 bucks for? I miss those days. Report
August 30, 201115 yr comment_43740 I went from pissed, to meh, to happy on this.Although, I still don't fully support it. I'm a "Gearhead" so I would of bought all DLC regardless of what it is so this saves me a little bit of money. Report
August 30, 201115 yr comment_43755 I think the idea of charging you to pay less for dlc (which is often stuff that should be included in the game anyway) is stupid. Report
August 30, 201115 yr comment_43756 I think the idea of charging you to pay less for dlc (which is often stuff that should be included in the game anyway) is stupid. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43842 The campaign missions are being made currently and most of the maps aren't made yet. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43863 So wait.... your paying.... to get a discount???Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discount? Report
September 3, 201115 yr comment_44012 lol, you're "paying" for the first 4 free DLC which you would have had to pay for already, and get skins and discount on other puchased content. From what I've heard the first four dlc includes a new game mode, maps, skins, and characters. stuff that seperately would surely cost easily 25-30 dollars. Report
September 4, 201115 yr comment_44093 $30 for $45 worth of DLC(hence the 33% discount) and the liquid metal skins. This is a no-brainer for any Gears fan. Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_44564 R-I-P-O-F-F. Incluse it in the game. OR release it a few months after the game releases for a reaonable price. BS. Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_44598 Screw all the extras, all i cared about is already in it, dedicated servers. Played the beta and it was so TIGHT Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.