April 29, 201016 yr comment_6183 Bungie is no longer bound to Microsoft. Looks like the whole concept of exclusivity is melting away.http://www.joystiq.c...ith-activision/Of course it has nothing to do with Halo which MS owns but still that's pretty big news. Report
April 29, 201016 yr Author comment_6189 Imagine if Bungie worked on Modern Warfare? It could happen now. Especially since all the IW employees left Activision.I know it's a pipe dream.. Bungie works on whatever the hell they want. But still. 10 years is a long time. That's like 10 Call of Duties. Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6193 Son of a... I just made a thread about this without seeing it...Serves me right for skimming lol. Can someone please be kind enough to remove my thread. *Mumbles about not reading carefully after waking up in the morning.* (got it - ban)Edit: My thoughts on the matter are kind of split. While it's nice that Bungie is finally going to make something new, I'm a little torn that they went to Activision for this publishing deal. Sure they might get creative freedom at first, but if CoD,Tony Hawk, and Guitar Hero have shown us, it won't be long before they start milking Bungie's IP until they implode like IW. Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6224 Oh, and even though Activision is JUST publishing the game, I still think it's going to end up a mess eventually(didn't IW start out the same way with Activision before they bought them out and....well, know were here?) Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6225 I hate Bobby Kotick. He's a greedy, self-serving moron. This is bad news for Bungie. Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6227 Completely agree with Chris, I would never sign papers with Activision unless we got to call ALL the shots and I don't see that happening. Report
May 5, 201016 yr comment_7257 This is a complete surprise...Can it really be true? How can they want to get away from M$ only to align with Activision?? It make no sense. Report
May 5, 201016 yr comment_7274 This is a complete surprise...Can it really be true? How can they want to get away from M$ only to align with Activision?? It make no sense.It actually makes perfect business sense for Bungie. Sure MS will still get first crack at anything they make, but with Activision publishing for them multiplatform is easier for them now. I'd honestly like to see what they can do on the PS3 after seeing what God of War 3 looked like on that beast. I know Activision is a terrible company, but money makes the world go round and Bungie has been shackled with one devil for long enough. Why not hook up with the next one to see what they can do. Report
May 5, 201016 yr comment_7279 Well I would say this... when looking for a publisher... it really feels like looking for the lesser of evils...Maybe Bungie saw something in Activision. I sure hope so because Activision sucks in my book. Report
May 5, 201016 yr comment_7307 I'm not going to say anything for or against it untill i see the results. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7448 I think this is Bungie's way of flipping off MS for all the times MS pressured them to completely scrap a storyline so it could make a release date and ship a product they weren't completely satisfied with as developers. *cough* Halo 2 *cough* Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7453 I enjoyed Halo 2's story more then Halo 3's. The original tops them all though. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7456 God of War 3 is insanely beautiful. I also would like to see a Bungie product on the PS3 for that reason. Halo 1's storyline was the best of them all imo as well. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7484 I think this is Bungie's way of flipping off MS for all the times MS pressured them to completely scrap a storyline so it could make a release date and ship a product they weren't completely satisfied with as developers. *cough* Halo 2 *cough*Like I said though, they aren't really flipping off MS. MS still gets first crack at whatever they create. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7499 Well, bungie split from microsoft after halo 3, now I've heard that they are signing with Activision.... I mean don't get me wrong here, Activision has made some Awesome, and down right bad games now and then... but after all this trouble you hear about in the company, If I were Bungie, I would stay away, it sounds like some mafia scheme. I heard on twitter (may not be true) that activision locked up 2 of bungie's and their own game creators... This whole situation could be good or bad. What is the video game industry coming to? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7514 Like I said though, they aren't really flipping off MS. MS still gets first crack at whatever they create.That's not necessarily true since Bungie is completely independent from MS. MS used to "own" Bungie, but a while back they broke apart since Bungie wanted to expand its horizons. Report
May 7, 201016 yr comment_7548 That's not necessarily true since Bungie is completely independent from MS. MS used to "own" Bungie, but a while back they broke apart since Bungie wanted to expand its horizons.What I'm saying is, part of the deal for Bungie to become independent was that MS would get first option for any new IPs they develop, for an undisclosed time frame. Now that time MAY be up, but I doubt it since MS still owns a stake in Bungie. To what extent they own is unknown as well. Either way, I see this as a good thing for all involved. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.