July 29, 201115 yr comment_41459 http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=5811Opinions?I understand why they did it, but they still shouldn't have. They should have had female players sign waivers acknowledging that they were aware of what could possibly occur and that the people holding the event would not be liable for what is said to them by other guests. If they don't sign the waiver, they can't attend. Still a drastic change but better than completely banning female gamers in my opinion. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41461 If they arent allowed they arent allowed. if it was a women only thing then there wouldnt be a story. as s backward bullsh it that people cry about everyday. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41464 personally i wouldn't have handled it that way, but it's a private event and it ammounts to nothing. non-news. Report
July 29, 201115 yr Author comment_41467 What about - "Further, it is meant as a getaway designed to help said male contingent become better men both for themselves and for those who love us." as their reasoning?@GG All girl events are billed as all girl events. Like PMS Clan or the Frag Girls etc. This was just a launch event held in Texas. It wasn't billed as an all male only event. It was only after they were called out on some websites that they re-billed it as "a gentleman's retreat, and deleted previous text. Report
July 29, 201115 yr Author comment_41468 Personally, I think if a guy can't handle playing with women in a videogame, they shouldn't be allowed to attend an event. lolIt's a black eye for us. If our own behavior prompts actions like removing female players simply because we cannot handle it, then I think it's time we took a good long look at ourselves. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41469 What about - "Further, it is meant as a getaway designed to help said male contingent become better men both for themselves and for those who love us." as their reasoning?@GG All girl events are billed as all girl events. Like PMS Clan or the Frag Girls etc. This was just a launch event held in Texas. It wasn't billed as an all male only event. It was only after they were called out on some websites that they re-billed it as "a gentleman's retreat, and deleted previous text.even its billed or not it still stands reverse the roles it wouldnt be news. Report
July 29, 201115 yr Author comment_41470 It happens all the time. There are plenty of female only gaming events. I'm glad, too. At least they have the courage to classify it as such. If you're saying it was an all female lan party being billed as just a regular event, I'd find that wrong, too. It doesn't happen though. They know who they want there and make it well known. Had this event declared itself to be an all male lan party in the first place, I'd be totally okay with it. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41471 i agree that they should punish the offenders, not the ladies. i agree that it's rediculous dudes can't just play a game with chicks and not become cavemen about it. tell you one thing, i wouldn't go to an all male event. sausage parties ftl. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41472 It happens all the time. There are plenty of female only gaming events. I'm glad, too. At least they have the courage to classify it as such. If you're saying it was an all female lan party being billed as just a regular event, I'd find that wrong, too. It doesn't happen though. They know who they want there and make it well known. Had this event declared itself to be an all male lan party in the first place, I'd be totally okay with it.Thats why I said even if its billed or not. Hell even if it was billed that way.some group would throw a fit about equal rights. Your even the one that showed.me the vid about sexism. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41476 It puts the blame on women... exactly where it should not be directed. Report
July 30, 201115 yr comment_41479 I think it says something about those attending, if they have to remove women because the guys are so immature. Report
July 30, 201115 yr comment_41480 I can see where the "issue" arrives but honestly, It's a small LAN launch, who cares? Report
July 30, 201115 yr Author comment_41486 Thats why I said even if its billed or not. Hell even if it was billed that way.some group would throw a fit about equal rights. Your even the one that showed.me the vid about sexism.Happens once a week in events with Gamerchix and Frag Dolls. No one freaks out, because they've let it be known it's an all female gaming event. Report
July 30, 201115 yr comment_41488 <br />Happens once a week in events with Gamerchix and Frag Dolls. No one freaks out, because they've let it be known it's an all female gaming event.<br /><br /><br /><br />I know like I said before, even if it wasn't known it wouldn't be a story. Report
July 30, 201115 yr Author comment_41491 I'm saying, no one throws a fit when females host an all female event. You said "Hell even if it was billed that way.some group would throw a fit about equal rights" Report
July 30, 201115 yr comment_41492 Um yea, if it was billed male only gaming night, then some group would throw a fit. I don't know what else you want out of me. Report
July 30, 201115 yr Author comment_41493 They should try it and see. If a group did, they could point to the Frag Dolls etc. Report
July 30, 201115 yr comment_41496 Naw it wouldnt matter its just okay as long as your not a white male Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.