July 21, 201115 yr comment_40865 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxOcF6We1VU&hd=1Limited Edition Star Wars ConsoleToday, during a panel presentation at the 41st annual Comic-Con International, Xbox and LucasArts unveiled the first custom Xbox 360 console with Kinect featuring a limited edition Star Wars theme inspired by the beloved duo, R2-D2 and C-3PO, as well as the brand-new Podracing mode featured in the upcoming title Kinect Star Wars.Here are the details for the bundleXbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars BundleThis first ever custom Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle includes an R2-D2 blue-and-white themed console, a custom Xbox 360 Wireless Controller inspired by C-3PO and the first ever white Kinect sensor. The bundle is set to debut alongside Kinect Star Wars this holiday, but is available now for pre-order through participating retailers. Priced at $449.99, the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle will include: Kinect Star Wars game Custom R2-D2-themed Xbox 360 Console with custom sounds (Hear them (MP3) - > Power on and Tray eject) White Kinect Sensor Custom C-3PO-themed Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 320 GB Hard Drive Xbox 360 Wired Headset Kinect Adventures game Exclusive downloadable contentPre-order it, here.See the rest of the pictures, here.Read more about this bundle, here.Via - Major Nelson Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40868 Mudgie likes it. That's a true sign right there. This thing will be popular. Mudgie hates everything! lolLove the detailing. Right down to Threepio's exposed wiring (controller). Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40878 Looks awesome but I am still not sold on Kinect, hopefully the next round of Kinect games will fix that, I am glad they are pushing more action type stuff towards kinect but I want to see it work first. Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40879 I use my Kinect almost every night. I use the voice commands to play, ffw, rewind, pause and stop. I don't bother waving my hands to choose which show I want to watch, though. That'd take too long.It's pretty neat, though. Select my movie, lay down the controller and then just watch my shows. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40882 So does it just respond to the word stop alone or would it respond to something like "hey you stop that"? Cause mine would be stopping every couple minutes as I tell my kids to stop doing something during the movie. I do like the Kinect idea I just need to jump into it but I want it to work well with action/shooting games first. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40884 So does it just respond to the word stop alone or would it respond to something like "hey you stop that"?I'm pretty sure you have to say "Kinect" or "Xbox" first to give it a command."Kinect, make sandwich", however, does not work, much to PK's chagrin. lol Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40886 Yeah, you have to say "Xbox" first, and then the command word. Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40891 I also have Yourself Fitness, and do the Tai Chi and even some of the Yoga. Since you have children though, I think they'd really like Kinect Adventures. My 17 year old who is dating a 21 year old woman thinks it's fun and plays it whenever he's over visiting. lol Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40892 yeah I am seriously thinking it will be our family christmas gift this year. I would think reviews of the star wars game would be out as well so that may be a pick up, love the star wars games. Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40908 Updated the original post to include the video from the 360 dash / Inside XboxI'll put it here, too, for all of you too lazy to scroll upwards. =phttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxOcF6We1VU&hd=1 Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40909 The R2 360 has real R2 sounds when you boot it up and eject the tray. That was a nice touch! Report
August 4, 201115 yr comment_41819 and it has an inscription on the disc tray that reads "help me obi one kenobe, you're my only hope". .... preordered!!! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.