July 6, 201115 yr comment_39970 Just got this tattoo yesterday, was wondering what you guys thought. I personally love the way it turned out! I was real nervous beforehand. And I have to say, despite everyone telling me getting them done isn't bad, this hurt a lot more than I expected it to lol. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_39977 Wait till it scabs over. That part is super fun, especially at night when you're trying to sleep. lol Report
July 6, 201115 yr Author comment_39979 @ Sky...thanks, I basically took forever to decide what I wanted, and eventually landed on that because when I first starting thinking about what I wanted, a dragon design was always at the front of my mind, and when I came across that, it just sort of clicked. I like the dual dragons a lot.@PK...how much do you think it will lol? I've heard that some scab a lot, others not at all. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_39980 The outlying borders definitely will. Those are always gone over several times, to make the outline as dark as possible. Keep it covered for sure. I'm sure they wrapped it in something before you left. That not only protects it from germs and dirt, but also keeps it from drying out real bad. They may have even told you to apply something to it, to keep it from scabbing too much. When the skin, scabs, it becomes taut and uncomfortable over a large area. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_39983 It will take a while for it to heal up, aquaphor is the best thing for it and don't over coat it. Refuse the urge to itch, slightly tap it. Report
July 6, 201115 yr Author comment_39985 The guy that did it put this plastic stuff on it when I was done and he actually told me after 2 hours I could keep it uncovered. He just said to make sure I wash it a few times a day and he did recomment Aquaphor to put on it several times a day to help it heal. It's actually starting to itch a bit now but really it still feels like a bit of a strong sunburn. I'm just a bit worried because I've heard so many different methods for aftercare lol. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_39986 Let me put it to you this way. Tucked away tribes use the worst means for tattooing, and they don't have any access to Aquaphor. I think if it's sterile and lubricates, you'll be fine. Like aloe vera gel, even. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_39987 Get some A&D ointment, and clean it 3 times a day, morning, lunch and before dinner. After you clean it, apply the A&D by rubbing it in, gently, but enough to leave just a slight layer over the top. This is what I do for all of my tattoos and I've never had any scabbing or loss of color or detail afterwards. Once it's done healing, about 2 weeks of the cleaning/ointment, and after it stops flaking, which it will, but its just excess ink coming up, start using a non-scented, dye free lotion. St. Ives is the best for me, but Vasoline makes a very good lotion for this as well. I've had tattoos done in the blistering heat and dryness of Iraq and using this method I've never had any problems, and I have a lot of work done. Report
July 9, 201115 yr comment_40166 A&D is fine too. I just prefer Aquaphor because that's what it Used. Nothing scented as stated, how's it looking? Report
July 12, 201115 yr Author comment_40328 Thanks everyone! And it is looking pretty good, it feels basically fine other than a pretty bad itch I get once in a while. Other than that, no scabbing or anything. Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_40426 I tend to smack mine when I get a new tattoo when it starts itching and gets scabby. That's just me though Just remember...once you start you can't stop! Report
July 14, 201115 yr Author comment_40459 Lol...my best friend who went with me when I got it done, is already trying to convince me to get another one, but I told her not until she gets hers. Report
July 14, 201115 yr comment_40461 Just make sure she doesn't get one on her lower back, that is disgusting. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.