Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

EA pulls Crysis and Alice: MR from Steam

Featured Replies

Oh f*** EA. I'm not going to use a marketplace program developed by them. It really sucks that they publish for so many of the devs I like though, like Bioware. When I finally get around to playing Crysis, and 2 goes down in price, I'll have to find it somewhere other than Steam, I guess. But I'm not touching Origin.

If you download Origin from a third-party website, it probably won't include some features like The Friends List, and you'll have to pay for a $10 Origins Pass to access it. lol

That's a dick move to pull a game that was already released on Steam from it.

And 1 month after it's been out watch, $5 for: The Community Tab DLC! Buy now and setup your own profile page in Origin, and view your friends' profiles.

Clearly being with-held content lol.

I refuse to use another service. If I can't get it on Steam, I don't want or need it. I can't believe they're making Star Was TOR exclusive to Origin. Screw that. Hate EA.

They will come back when origin fails.

The sad thing is it won't. If they just make the PC version of the next Battlefield exclusive to it, all the FPS fans will be all over it, regardless of whether or not they like EA. If Mass Effect 3 is exclusive to it I will rage.

But you never know. Here's hoping that Origin is rightfully ignored and goes away.

This is a dumb idea on their part. I want to see how long it is until their sales go down. No way I will use this unless they do insanely good deals like Steam, and even then I am not for sure if I would use it...

These same types of "failure" comments were made when Valved started Steam. Competition will only drive better pricing from both sides. Let's wait and see what happens.

These same types of "failure" comments were made when Valved started Steam. Competition will only drive better pricing from both sides. Let's wait and see what happens.

I agree with your thoughts on "failure," but they're not creating competition; they're creating a monopoly. If consumers don't see games as comparable goods, which I don't think they are (Call of Duty and Battlefield are both shooters but fans seem to like either one regardless of how comparable they are), so the exclusivity of the good on one given service will keep prices high. So, the debate is whether or not gamers will ditch games based on price, service, AND comparability.

No surprise there. I think it was a push to make early adopters pick up Origins. However, you know they are not going to give up sales just to get it going. They would get more money if people bought it on Origins, but they know overall more money is to be made through using both.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.