May 16, 201115 yr comment_37389 It's been back on for most of the east coast and California since last night. I've had some trouble with getting into a few games online the past hour or so though. Report
June 3, 201115 yr comment_38405 The Playstation Store came back up yesterday, and the Welcome Back program is out today.What's disappointing is that it's only available to people who had a PSN account made before April 20th. I mean if it's a limited time offer only, why not let newer users redeem it? It could be an incentive for people to actually buy the console during the program.I suppose I'll just have to buy Infamous for the around $20-$25. Not sure I'd get Dead Nation aside from the offer though.What sucks is I could have made an account a couple years back when I played GoW3 and MGS4 on a friend's console. With a different password all that could have been stolen would have maybe been an address and whatnot. Report
June 3, 201115 yr comment_38407 It honestly makes perfect sense for them to set a limit. New users knew PSN was down before they purchased their system and therefore were not adversely affected by the outage. Existing users were inconvenienced and, like me, had their information stolen and thousands of dollars charged to their credit card. Just an opinion honestly. I can see both sides. Report
June 3, 201115 yr comment_38408 Oh yeah I definitely see that side of it, it was a crap situation all around, I was just thinking that it would have been a smart business move to offer it to new users since it goes until July 3rd, so they could maybe sell some more consoles. Like "look, we have a new and improved security system, try us out!". The outage caused Gamestop to offer a $100 coupon for the PS3, which is why I even bought one in the first place.Also I might just be being greedy lol. The other reason it's not offered to new people could be so that extra accounts aren't made so that people could get four or even all five games instead of just two with fake accounts (I was considering just having my brother make one lol). Report
June 3, 201115 yr comment_38419 They "say" the store is back up, but I'll be damned if I can log in to it. Keep getting an error. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38439 80710d36?also, ak....if sony let EVERYONE get the "welcome back" package, i'd be pissed. they'd be saying f you to all their old customers. they'd be telling us loyalty means nothing. they'd be saying they don't care that we were exposed. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38440 well, i got in.so far i have a list that says "free psp game 1", free psp game 2", etc....no mention of ps3 games....and the movies are butt. ghostbusters, ff the spirits within, and bad boys. garbage. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38441 Everything works, it just takes 5-10 attempts for each button press lol.And I got lucky and have a friend getting the same WB games I wanted, and he said he'll DRM them with me. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38447 drm them with you?also, how'd he get to the ps3 games?The way PS3 DRM is setup, you can share with up to I think 4 other people per game you buy if you let them download it with your account.And I'm not sure what's up with the PS3 Welcome Back games. I haven't seen it myself but the option should be right in that Welcome Back tab.If you tried to download some and they "disappeared", here is a helpful moderator quote from the Playstation Blog comments:Hi Naustradamus- Here’s the step to download your free games: Select ‘Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1′ and click on ‘Get Now’Press circle to go back and select your first free gameReturn to the Welcome Back page and select ‘Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 2′ and click on ‘Get Now’Press circle to go back and select your second free gameGo to the XMB™ to play your free games Make sure to complete the download of each title all the way otherwise you’ll have to go into account management>transaction management>services list>SCEA Promotions to download the games. Hope that helps. – Kristi Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38461 I got LBP and InFamous. Took an hour and 12 mins to DL and Install tho'. Report
June 4, 201115 yr comment_38466 Man this is pissing me off. I forgot my password, and I still can't restore it after like 10 days. Everytime I goto restore it says site is down. Report
June 6, 201115 yr Author comment_38521 I got LBP and InFamous. Took an hour and 12 mins to DL and Install tho'. 3 freaking hours for inFamous alone. Drove me up a wall, but for free I guess I can't complain to much Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38522 3 freaking hour for inFamous alone. Drove me up a wall, but for free a guess a can't complain to muchI don't think this is the kind of one-upsmanship I'd actually WANT (not that it's good to begin with), but it took me about FIVE hours to download Infamous. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38524 Be thankful it's not Uncharted 2. I hear it requires nine updates before you can actually play it.https://twitter.com/#!/Greenspeak/status/77583350361112576 Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38528 Be thankful it's not Uncharted 2. I hear it requires nine updates before you can actually play it.https://twitter.com/...583350361112576And I just got that game the other day but haven't started it yet lol.My internet's not really slow, but it's not particularly fast. It's just that the PSN is getting hammered right now lol. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38534 Man, what's up with you guys' internet? I got Little Big Planet and Infamous in about 20 minutes. <shrugs> Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.