Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Turtle Beach's PX5's

Featured Replies

I bought these after an intensive investigation of all the wireless headsets out there. I had a lot of input from members in the Gamercide community and I would like to thank them for their efforts. My conclusion was that the Astro A 40's seemed to be the best out there. I was all set to buy them until I found out they wanted $30 to ship them in 3-5 days. I thought that was an enormous amount of coin to shell out so I looked elsewhere. Glad I did. The Turtle Beach PX5's are just awesome! Sound is clear as crystal. Presets are easy to use and a voice prompt tells you what mode you're in.Those I spoke to in chat said I sounded clear and clean. No feedback to report or background noise (minus my munching on Chester Cheetah's Cheezy Puffcorn, lol). They are light and comfortable and the mic is really nice and bendy but sturdy. All in all for $216 including 1 day shipping I am a happy camper. It's still early in our relationship but I feel these will suit my needs for a long time to come. I will post later about some of the other features like blue tooth wireless android phone answering etc. as I use them. Right now I'm just enjoying life on XBOX LIVE in a surround sound world and I look forward to finally hearing and understanding Kev's whispering. I never really know what that guy is on about. I usually just say "yeah" or "really"? just to cover my bases. lol.

  • Author

Hope you enjoy them man! I would get a pair of my own if I were not so cheap...

So far so good. LOL. I will answer any questions posted in this thread concerning my headset search if you guys have any. I would like to give back the effort that was extended to me. Thanks guys!

I have a question. How are you liking gaming in surround sound? I've tried to play without it a few times (let my son wear them as we played), and it didn't last long. I think a good headset brings much more to a game. You hear things you'd normally not. Pinpointing enemies before they're seen is great, too.

  • Author

Surround sound is awesome! I will not play a game without these on my head ever! I really didn't know what I was missing until I put these on. Although my wife saw me with these on and shook her head and said "Now the transformation is complete". I asked her what she meant and she said "You're a complete game geek now". LOL.

  • Author

Word to the wise. When you have headsets on, and you're in the middle of a game, and talking to friends in game or party... you're loud to the rest of your house. lol I've woken up Carla I don't know how many times.

Resupplied my wife's Ambien. I'm good.;)

Congrats on the new tech man. Really does feel good to get new stuff. :)

Nothing compares to a good surround sound for gaming and movies (headphones or full speaker set). I don't know how I ever did stuff without my Klipsch surrounds.

  • Author

Glad you're enjoying them. You'll have to let us know how they hold up over time.

Had to change batteries for the first time last night. They lasted about 15 hours. Not too bad really.

  • Author

Not at all. Do they have a rechargeable option? Other than just regular rechargeable batteries I mean.

Naw. Just the regular rechargeable

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.