Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

June 6th will be the last day for me...

Featured Replies

Wow, truly an achievement when you get to it. It'd be bad if for some reason you couldn't get on XBL that last day and were stuck at 999. LOL

The only problem with that is it's so hard to actually meet up with a FRIEND online. It's all random from my knowledge of the game and from what I've played, isn't it? It's not like I can invite you directly into my world from what I know.

I do like the game though, I just got sidetracked. Demon's Souls is amazing, hands down. It's brutal, it's dark and it's incredible. I really liked it. I was thinking of making a new character. I made a Royal magic user and I figure I'll try something new.

me and my friends were able to meet up with each other alot in there actually. because what you did was you put a beacon (well kinda) out there for the world to see. then your friend just walks up to it and joins your game. sometimes random people join instead of your friends, in which case you leave or kick them. the hardest part was the whole dead/alive thing you had to deal with

  • Author

me and my friends were able to meet up with each other alot in there actually. because what you did was you put a beacon (well kinda) out there for the world to see. then your friend just walks up to it and joins your game. sometimes random people join instead of your friends, in which case you leave or kick them. the hardest part was the whole dead/alive thing you had to deal with

You'll have to help me out with that then. I haven't used my PS3 much and haven't messed around too much with the "multiplayer" in Demon's Souls, but I'm down to try it out!

What kind of character do you play as?

  • Author

End your streak with a marathon of gaming.

With RRoD and other pitfalls, it's a great streak. Congratulations, psycho. =]

Yeah, I have 3 Xbox consoles. LoL If they suddenly all blew up, I'd probably drop another $199 on a new Arcade system if I had to just to keep my streak alive. hahaha

And I'm no psycho! Just dedicated.... or obsessed.... one of the two.

Can't you just start up Games for Windows? Wouldn't that count? It seems like something you can do in the background. Like.. just load up Tinker and shut it down. It takes seconds to do with no hardware other than your computer which is probably on a good percentage of the day anyway.

  • Author

Can't you just start up Games for Windows? Wouldn't that count? It seems like something you can do in the background. Like.. just load up Tinker and shut it down. It takes seconds to do with no hardware other than your computer which is probably on a good percentage of the day anyway.

Yeah, you could, but quite honestly if my PC isn't on it's quicker to just turn on the Xbox and load up an XBLA quickly and then dashboard from the game's main menu.

That's not the point though. I've been doing it for waaaaay too long now. I think it's time to retire. 1,000 days is a feat in itself. LoL

That is insane!! LOL!!! I have not been on LIVE for even a year... I am lucky to get 2 days in a row much alone 1000!

WOW...

  • 10 months later...

I think I may even write up an article on Gamercide about playing every day for a thousand days. Should be an interesting reflection. *shrugs*

You so need to do that! It would be interesting to hear about it.

  • Author

I don't know when to stop or when I should even bother writing an article. I'm up to 1237 days (a little over three and 1/3 YEARS of consecutive play) now, and ranked #28 on the global leaderboards for gaming streaks.

Maybe I should wait till I hit 4 years? *shrugs*

You so need to do that! It would be interesting to hear about it.

It would be. I'm still considering someday writing an article about the addiction of getting more games than you can play through sales, and getting quotes from Chris, Dat, and Sed, seeing as I'm in the same boat now.

  • Author

A cheater, that's who. LOL It's someone who has been banned/has his stuff reset by Microsoft/etc. Because he knows the people at 360Voice they fiddled with the system and let him use his new accounts/gamertags/etc and rolled over his previous streak info. It's kind of BS, but it is what it is. :)

It would be. I'm still considering someday writing an article about the addiction of getting more games than you can play through sales, and getting quotes from Chris, Dat, and Sed, seeing as I'm in the same boat now.

I have over 200 games now between my pc and console. Steam slowly kills my wallet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.