May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36756 Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth $213. No one likes Turtle Beach? The reviews are pretty good. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36758 Optical only means the wireless kit only accepts that one type of connection. Xbox ps3 and most newer pcs have it. No big deal really. If you are going in the over 200 range the a30s should be a big contender. I dont know enough about the turtle beach ones to say right now Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36798 Optical only means the wireless kit only accepts that one type of connection. Xbox ps3 and most newer pcs have it. No big deal really. If you are going in the over 200 range the a30s should be a big contender. I dont know enough about the turtle beach ones to say right nowThanks man. Probably buy these today from amazon. ( A-30's) Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36800 I would price them on astrogaming.com and see if the price is the same. If it is I'd buy from there since it will give you the option to pick up the rechargeable battery. Plus it takes out a middle man. I did read a good review on the TurtleBeach DPX21 set. 149.99. Though I think it's wired. Since you were asking about TurtleBeach. Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36826 I would price them on astrogaming.com and see if the price is the same. If it is I'd buy from there since it will give you the option to pick up the rechargeable battery. Plus it takes out a middle man. I did read a good review on the TurtleBeach DPX21 set. 149.99. Though I think it's wired. Since you were asking about TurtleBeach. I have Amazon Prime and get free 2 day shipping (or $3.99 1 day) for every purchase. I really want to go wireless. Thanks. I appreciate your efforts in my hour of indecision. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36833 lol! Sorry man. Buy from Amazon! You can just goto astrogaming.com and order the battery pack separately from there if you decide you want it. It's the same price separate or with it. Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36837 Damn dude! A40's are $279 on Amazon and Astro's website. That's just too high a price to be paying for headsets IMHO. I came across Turtle Beach's Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth for $213.00 and the reviews are solid on you tube and Amazon. Super tempted although it's a hard trigger to pull when no one here has ever tried any TB product. I guess if I think that ANYTHING would be better than the ones I have now I can't go wrong. I'm just not liking the way A 30's sit on your ear instead of around. I think that would bother me after a while. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36838 Just get the Tritton Ax Pros lol. Pretty good price for very high quality, precise surround sound. (Encased in sturdy plastic with cheap bits around the joints. lol) Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36839 Not wireless kev. That's the hang up or I absolutely would. I don't see a wireless from them at all really. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36840 Well that's a matter of personal preference. I don't think that Tritton makes wireless headsets. Wires don't bother me at all though. If anything it's more convenient to not need batteries or worry about any kind of interference. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36842 Yeah, the cable is super long and it's never been in my way. I can walk from one end of my large living room, to the other and still have slack. Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36843 That is so true kev. I think I just might be an elitist a s s. lol. I want the best Dammit! Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36844 These were supposed to come out a long time ago. Sadly, I think that plan fell through, when they sold out to MadCatz. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36847 TC, I can personally attest to the A30s I HAVE them and the A40s. I am the same way and thought I would absolutely hate the on ear feel. However, I do admit they are faaar more comfortable than I thought they would be. I admit, I went with the A40s but only because of hours of testing between the two I thought the A40s were better for sound. Not much mind you, trust me, it took a lot of time to decide between the two, but I still don't feel bad recommending the A30s. However, PLEASE keep in mind just buying the Wireless receiver/transmitter. Even if you don't want to drop the money for the full set you can get the wireless receiver/transmitter and use almost ANY pc headset. This leaves sooo many more options. There are a ton of so called 'PC only headsets' that are fantastic and cheap. Most are in the sub 100 range. With the astro wireless receiver/transmitter you could use any of the PC headsets ( except USB ) with it on XBOX/PS3 Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36849 TC, I can personally attest to the A30s I HAVE them and the A40s. I am the same way and thought I would absolutely hate the on ear feel. However, I do admit they are faaar more comfortable than I thought they would be. I admit, I went with the A40s but only because of hours of testing between the two I thought the A40s were better for sound. Not much mind you, trust me, it took a lot of time to decide between the two, but I still don't feel bad recommending the A30s. However, PLEASE keep in mind just buying the Wireless receiver/transmitter. Even if you don't want to drop the money for the full set you can get the wireless receiver/transmitter and use almost ANY pc headset. This leaves sooo many more options. There are a ton of so called 'PC only headsets' that are fantastic and cheap. Most are in the sub 100 range. With the astro wireless receiver/transmitter you could use any of the PC headsets ( except USB ) with it on XBOX/PS3This is truly an option I have been resisting. Not sure why. I think it's because I'd still be in the same boat. Needing headphones. LOL. But the Sennheisers become an option then, I have owned a pair of those forever and they still sound pretty good for 15 year old tech. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36850 Dude, I WISH SO BAD they had a great headset. I own the 595s and I've thought HARD about doing the mic mod so I could use them as a headset. They are the BEST headphones I've ever used. LOVE THEM. The Astro's are fine for gaming but such a step down for music. I keep the 595s around for music listening. Still, the A40s/30s are great. Now that I know you've been using Sennheisers I have to stick to the Astro recommendation. You're spoiled so spend the money for the better headset. After leaving Sennheisers you're gonna be disappointed with anything, and the astros will be the least amount of letdown. Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36856 Looks like A40's then. Wife will give me the fish-eye on this. Good thing I am skilled at certain stuff...lol. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36857 Good choice. Let the wife know it's for a good cause . I don't know if you read the reviews or not but the A40s have been noted with a slight lack of bass. IF you do go wireless it does have a bass boost button that pretty much solves the issue. All in all you can't go wrong. Don't be mad when they don't compare to the sennheisers , but nothing will. They'll be about as close as you can get AND keep in mind. When you don't need a mic, single player etc, you can use your Sennheisers instead with the wireless system! I don't think you'll be disappointed . Report
May 7, 201115 yr Author comment_36888 UH OH. Gameinformer has the Turtle Beach PX5's rated ahead of the A40's. Now what?! lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.