May 5, 201115 yr comment_36653 He started his new job the other day, so I don't know his hours anymore. I'm sure he'll stop in tonight, though.If I see him on Steam or GTalk, I'll point him to this thread.Also, I'm glad you and Title stopped into the stream last night. Had a lot of fun. Should be a nightly thing! lol Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36655 I have the older Tritton AX360's. They're not too heavy for me, either. I've worn them for marathon gaming nights, lasting hours on end. Never phased me.I own a pair of these and these clamped my head in. Gave me massive amount of headaches after 30 minutes of play. Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36656 And I thought I had a large head. lolThey don't bother me one bit. Considering they're padded at every point they touch your head, and give way, you should have been fine, too. Were they adjusted at all? Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36661 hehe, brim and kevin hotlink busted. Out of the choices you listed, I'd recommend the AX Pro's . Especially since you can pick them up for ~130 on Amazon right now. The Tritton's I had were a lower end stereo set and they did crack. However, Tritton replaced them with a brand new pair ( I recommend sending yours in Kevin ) . If you are ok with the ~130 price range I recommend looking into the Razer Chimaera. It's Xbox and PC only, but it's had some pretty solid reviews. I believe it's only stereo though. Also, keep in mind, if you are pushing 200 on a headset then keep the the Astro Wireless Mixamp in mind. It's only the transmitter and receiver but it it can be used with any headset with a mic/stereo plug. It also uses a digital connection and reproduces surround. It's roughly 140 for just it, but as I said, it allows you to look into just about any headset you want. Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36674 ( I recommend sending yours in Kevin )I totally would, but I'd loathe being without them when I play my games lol. I do have some pretty decent regular headphones, but they are a bit uncomfortable, and not nearly as high quality or surround as the Trittons. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call Best Buy and ask about my options with the Black Tie replacement plan I bought (may as well get my monies worth out of that, no point if I don't use it lol).Perhaps the oddness with the decoder box is a bug and replacing it will get me one without it, though. Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36679 Okay this is BS. I called Best Buy to ask about how I would go about using the Black Tie replacement plan, and as soon as I mentioned it was damaged, they said it wouldn't be covered. Waste of $30 stupid replacement plan that only covers manufacturer defects, which, if there were any, would most likely manifest during the 30 day normal return period anyways. > (You say I should try getting them replaced through the Tritton company itself though? Because in about 1 month it will be 1 year since I ordered them, so I don't know if it's still covered. Maybe if I'm lucky they cover replacements for 1 year and I'm just in time, though, I'll try calling them next. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36684 Call them now and get the ball rolling. Mine had stress fractures and they replaced it without question. It did take a week or two between returning mine and getting the new ones, but they did it. Make sure, if you submit a RMA ticket to state that they wore from normal use bla bla bla. Don't make it sound like they broke from any other means. Once the RMA is approved they pretty much send you a new set in place of yours. Mine had a 1 year warranty so yours should too.Before you do that I would call and ask to speak to a manager at Best Buy. The Black Tie Replacement Plan covers 'Normal Wear and Tear' . If it broke from normal use then it should be covered. If you dropped it, that's a different story, but the defect you described should be covered. Raise hell till they own up. Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36691 So Dat- What about all the cut in complaints and screeching? Not true? Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36694 I'd also like Dat's opinion on the Logitech set I linked to. Pretty please. =] Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36698 I'd also like Dat's opinion on the Logitech set I linked to. Pretty please. =]Yes. This as well. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36702 Before you do that I would call and ask to speak to a manager at Best Buy. The Black Tie Replacement Plan covers 'Normal Wear and Tear' . If it broke from normal use then it should be covered. If you dropped it, that's a different story, but the defect you described should be covered. Raise hell till they own up.In addition to "War", "Terrorism", and "Acts of God" (lol), "Cosmetic damage to your product including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on parts, that does not otherwise affect its functionality or materially impair your use" is listed in Exclusions to Coverage. There was optional Accidental Damage from Handling coverage that I wasn't even made aware of when I got the damn coverage, so I don't have it.However, I'd argue that the defect applies to these items under Repair Coverage: "defect in materials or workmanship" and "normal wear and tear" (which it was). It was a design flaw with cheap plastic at the pivots.I should call them back and throw quotes from this handbook at them until they accept that it should be replaced, but I'll try contacting Mad Katz/Tritton first tomorrow. Best Buy will only give me a gift card in exchange to order a new one (so it'd take 50% longer, shipping to them, card to me, THEN waiting for a new one I buy to ship to me), unless I drive to the hella far away nearest store to hope that they have one in stock to replace it with (which they never do, though I could call in advance). Just mailing it to a Tritton replacement center would be preferable.If Tritton can't do anything for me, the headset is still fine with some tape. Maybe even a plastic strip and some screws if I want to make something permanent lol.Also, since I have until December to replace parts in my computer for free, I think I'll plan to replace my GPU for the slight fan rattle when I go on my camping trip around June, and hope they can ship to PO box on the return so it doesn't sit out in the open. Then it won't be so bad not being able to use my computer when I can't anyways. lol Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36705 "affect its functionality or materially impair your use". It does, Kevin. You've had to rig it so it fits your head correctly. If the pivot piece is cracked, it makes an ear cup loose so it doesn't fit as snug as it should.Call them back up, bypass the drone answering the phone, and escalate the call to a supervisor. It's the only way to get shit done with customer service these days. Trust old PK. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36708 I'll try that thanks, but I'd prefer to try to go through Tritton first. I'd prefer to ship in my headset and get a new one shipped back, not get a gift card back or have to drive all the way to the nearest store to try to convince them to replace it. I have other (less exciting) headphones I can use in the meantime. Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36720 I'm gonna buy the AX Pro's tonight unless DAT has negitive imput by then. I want them for Online Game Night With the GC clan. I'll have to use my POS one's if I'm on tonight. Not that excited about that. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36722 If it helps, I've never heard one complaint when it comes to the high end Astro headsets.*edit* Whoops. I got my model names mixed up. Thought you were picking up a paid of Astros. lol Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36725 I'm gonna buy the AX Pro's tonight unless DAT has negitive imput by then. I want them for Online Game Night With the GC clan. I'll have to use my POS one's if I'm on tonight. Not that excited about that. Pro tip, if you get them, always grab them by the middle part that goes on top of your head and don't let it wave around too much. The joints are covered by cheap plastic that breaks easy at the slightest degree of excess pivoting. lol Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36727 Ok. You guys. What is the consensus? Which should I buy? I will totally blame you if your wrong about this so feel free...lol. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36728 Personally, since I've heard two friends remark on the pivot piece of the Trittons, I'd go Astro. I'd love to be able to say get the Logitech set, but don't know anyone who has tried them yet. Reading reviews help, but talking to a friend you trust who has actually used something, is much better Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36729 I can't speak for any other headset since I haven't tried the others, but you definitely will not be disappointed by the Tritton Ax Pros. Aside from the cheap plastic bits on some parts of it, you get excellent sound quality, and precise directional audio. The bass is great, too. Defects like that can be found on any plastic coated electronic these days, anyways, and if you're careful enough with them it should never be a problem. Just keep in mind the "turn the decoder box off then on again" trick when using them through optical if you ever get any distortion. Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36733 The high end Astros are $250. The A 40's I think. Kinda steep. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36751 Well. We are giving away an a30 wireless system in ebils raffle tonight. 5 bucks gets you a chance to win. Otherwise if you have the money get the a30s or 40s. Im picky as hell and Ill tell you both are great. If price is an issue get the ax pros. Cant go wrong for 130 Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36752 I'm going with the A30's I think or 40's...lol. One of those. Thanks Dat. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36753 No problem. If you go wireless pay for the rechargeable battery. I suggest the wireless just keep in mind its optical in only. Report
May 6, 201115 yr Author comment_36754 No problem. If you go wireless pay for the rechargeable battery. I suggest the wireless just keep in mind its optical in only.Meaning what exactly? Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.